Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

English restaurant opens in Bologna!

English restaurant opens in Bologna!

Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:27 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default English restaurant opens in Bologna!

Well I'm going to be making the trip at some point! 30 mins train ride for fish and chips sounds good to me!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6740182.ece
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English restaurant opens in Bologna!

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Well I'm going to be making the trip at some point! 30 mins train ride for fish and chips sounds good to me!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6740182.ece
Bit further for us I'm afraid, and the flight could be a bit pricy.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:19 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Bologna is probably worth the trip anyway plus you have Modena up the road and we are 30 mins away in Florence on the train. So you could do it as a weekend trip!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

You know how Italian restaurants in the UK are not like Italian restaurants in Italy and Chinese restaurants in the UK are not like Chinese restaurants in China etc. There is a part of me that is excited at this prospect but my head is telling me that if you order fish and chips then it will come as two separate courses. I am really interested to know what it is like though.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
You know how Italian restaurants in the UK are not like Italian restaurants in Italy and Chinese restaurants in the UK are not like Chinese restaurants in China etc. There is a part of me that is excited at this prospect but my head is telling me that if you order fish and chips then it will come as two separate courses. I am really interested to know what it is like though.
If it's 30 euro per head, it's expensive fish and chips, that's what it is.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:50 pm
The Original Red Head!

I think that is for 3 courses though as apple crumble and prawn cocktail were mentioned too.

Livinghere- last week in Spain we got the real deal plus this guy is a British restauranteur so I think it will be okay! No mushy peas though as he says italians think they are off! I might make a stop if there is time on the way back from Maranello tomorrow just to see not to eat, been wanting to go back to bologna for a while!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Is It open?

As Italians would say "ma va la"

English food: It will be roast beef cooked in extra virgin olive oil. I hope the guys does well.. Being in Cesena we will go and try it..

Bologna Headline: Inglesi mangiano a Greasy Joe's Carne con un sugo marrone
Old Aug 7th 2009, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

bolognagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, the restaurant is open, the name is PASSION.
It's in Bologna centre, on Via Galliera.
I have eaten there and would recommend it - the fish pie was very good!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

ooh found it!! Must remember to search before posting about something that might already have been covered!! I'm considering a trip to Bologna just to go and have a look.... do you reckon they would sell us cheddar and sausages to bring home??!! What were the prices for food like?
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:00 am
The Original Red Head!

Lol! It all looked pricey in the market. No idea about the restaurant though! You can get cheddar in Florence at Pegna but it looks plastic and is really expensive!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Lol! It all looked pricey in the market. No idea about the restaurant though! You can get cheddar in Florence at Pegna but it looks plastic and is really expensive!!
darn it! I'm too tight to do all that.... must just embrace italian cheese.... and start buying a bit of different cheeses to try again... We do like the Toma here and other stuff whose names now escape me, it's just the comfort factor of cheddar I think.... although I haven;t tasted a sausage here that is a patch on a good english sausage.... must remember how much my beloved San Daniele ham would cost in the UK and make the most of eating it here!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 9:18 am
The Original Red Head!

Look out for Aia chicken and turkey sausages in a pack. We love them! Not Sainsbury's pork and apple but unless I am going to do a River cottage and make my own they will do! If lakeland delivered here I would consider getting their sausage making kit!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:20 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Look out for Aia chicken and turkey sausages in a pack. We love them! Not Sainsbury's pork and apple but unless I am going to do a River cottage and make my own they will do! If lakeland delivered here I would consider getting their sausage making kit!!
Never seen those Aia sausages even though Aia's here in Vr. I'll have to stop off at the factory shop.

Lakeland do deliver here. Is the sausage machine an exception? And so does The Cheddar Gorge Cheese Company if anyone is desperate for Cheddar. Pricey, but not over priced and excellent quality.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:31 pm
The Original Red Head!

Honestly, I didn't know! It's been a while since I visited the site - I could get to the one in Tunbridge Wells when I lived in the UK so I just used to grab all the catalogues, there was one in Eastbourne too, so I was well provided for!!

I might have a look one day, but it's at the bottom of my shopping list at the moment! It's only the casings I would want anyway as you can get mincers here without a problem. There is probably a way to buy them off the butcher is you know how!

The chicken and turkey sausages are normally in with the chicken cordon bleu's and breaded chicken here rather than with the sausages!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't tempt me with Lakeland!! There is no Aia here but there is a new Lidl that's just opened really near that perhaps i need to go and check out and see what interesting things i can find.... wherabouts in UK were you TR? Cos both of those Lakelands were my 'locals' in Hastings too. I enjoyed nothing better than going and getting their catalogues to peruse at my leisure... there is a Steamer Trading across the road from the Eastbourne Lakeland that has loads of nice little 'bits n pieces' too.... I 'need' a kitchen aid foodmixer and love going to look at them longingly in Steamer Trading..... I've seen them here too but I am waaay too scared to find out the price!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.