Experiences about costs and taxes when retiring in Italy

Old May 13th 2021, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Shades of Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Experiences about costs and taxes when retiring in Italy

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully
The other option is something like a borderless account with Wise
they have great exchange rates
i have read the reviews recently have been getting worse. Scary stories. I need to transfer 150k to buy the flat and not sure if to trust them now
Old May 15th 2021, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Looking on Trustpilot, you can see that Wise, FairFX (Equals group) and XE.COM all rate at about 4.5 stars out of 5. I have used the last two from time to time without problems. I am not surprised you're cautious about sending a chunk of money so maybe split it into 3 or 4 smaller amounts over a few days? Which ever agency you use, your own bank may have a limit of how much it will transfer at a time.
Old May 15th 2021, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Hi Shades of Blue - I have an account with Nat West which was opened many years ago before moving to Italy and I've never had any problems.