Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Buying on Calabria East Coast

Buying on Calabria East Coast

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

damatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Buying on Calabria East Coast

Hi,

I have recently sold my holiday home in Spain after 3 years and now looking at buying in Calabria on the East Coast overlooking the Ionian Sea in a place called Amendolara Paese.

Does anyone know of it,
do you have any comments on the place and the area

I have looked in many places to see if there are other advertising in this area, but nothing comes to light, so, am I in early before the rush of the Brits moving from Spain or is it just not the place to be.

Please discuss
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Buying on Calabria East Coast

Sorry I don't know but I have been leafing through my book about retiring to Italy and the section on Calabria talks about a British couple who have bought property there and run an advice service called calabrianholidays.co.uk. I have to say when they are asked about Italian bureaucracy they say "in the south, you have Italian bureaucracy, only slower". I would do lots of research tbh. If property there is so cheap there must be a reason.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

damatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Pat,

Red tape is the same all over Europe, though in some places it is thicker. My only thought about them being so cheap is that there is not a lot of development, at present, I understand that there is going to be a new airport not far from Cosenza and from what I saw when I flew into Bari, the new motorway from Bari down the east coast is progressing.

So, is I am early into the area, so money can be made in the medium term, say 5 years. There is plenty property on the West Coast, but that is close to the airports.

Just a thought, more investigation required before the prices rocket, knowing my luck.

Dave
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:12 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hold you're breath while waiting for the completion of public infrastructures in Italy.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

jeff46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Suggest you check out the incalabria.com website.

There's loads of usefull info in the forum on there. We completed on a small apartment at Isca Marina this week and,apart from the original site being moved because the developer didn't have planning permission and sacking our Solicitors because they were incompetant at best,crooked at worst,everything wnt reasonably well.

Jeff
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:02 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeff46
Suggest you check out the incalabria.com website.

There's loads of usefull info in the forum on there. We completed on a small apartment at Isca Marina this week and,apart from the original site being moved because the developer didn't have planning permission and sacking our Solicitors because they were incompetant at best,crooked at worst,everything wnt reasonably well.

Jeff
That sounds like just the right kind of attitude to get on with things here ......

the building plot got moved and the solicitors got fired - but it all went pretty much ok

Congrats on your new place.