Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Rental Property commuting distance to Fiumicino

Rental Property commuting distance to Fiumicino

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

FabCakeLady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental Property commuting distance to Fiumicino

We are having to relocate to Italy in the New Year with my husband's job.

I am trying to find information on long term rental properties in the Lazio region which are within commuting distance to Fiumicino airport.

All I am finding so far on the internet are sites with holiday lettings!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction please?!

We have two children (5 and 8) so we would be looking for a family house.

THANK YOU!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental Property commuting distance to Fiumicino

I can suggest the Castelli Romani. Although they are closer to Ciampino than Fiumicino, if you use the GRA outside the rush hour, then not a problem.
The villages are very clean, there is lots of greenery, international nurseries and school and many shopping centres around Anagnina/Tuscolana.Also family houses to rent with gardens, plus well connected to Rome.

Regards,
Isakat
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Castelli is too far, it will take you more than 1 hour each way, try Casalpalocco, Axa, Infernetto, EUR, Tre Pini, Acilia, Ostia, Fiumicino itself is not too bad a place its a ramshackle fishing port
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the ideas! Hopefully we can get out there before Christmas.

Although we have to make our decision by 11th Nov!!! Not easy when you have to consider schools as well!

But it is a great opportunity and we are looking forward to it! Especially as the weather gets worse over here.....
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

depending on how old your kids are consider Southlands school near Casalpalocco or Nomentana (up to 13 year old) or St George's in la Storta if they need to do A levels or IB.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

The boys are 5 and 8. I had looked online at schools in the area and Southlands looked good.

The other one that caught my eye was Castelli - do you know anything about it?

The other complication that we have is that my 8 year old is autistic. He has high-functioning autism and is currently in mainstream school but we need somewhere that has some experience of autism!

Thanks - again!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

The Castelli school might not be suitable for your child.
I believe they do not have the support for special needs children.
The school also lacks many facilities, although the teachers are brilliant.
I would then look to live outside the Castelli, closer to the other Int. schools as it takes an hour on the bus from here to St. Georges in Via Casia and it costs over 2.000 per year per child only for the transport.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks Isakat!

I think I got it wrong! I meant the Castelli International School, Grottoferatta! The area around there looks quite lovely and only about 45 mins to Fiumicino.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi, you did get ot right, it is the Castelli Int School and true, the area around Grottaferrata, Marino, Castel Gandolfo and Nemi is lovely.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Be aware that Castelli to FCO in 45 minutes would be the very best you could do under ideal conditions. I reckon it might take double that in the rain in the rush hour(s). Nemi is indeed very nice but it is 60 Km from FCO