Reload this Page >

English Grub websites

English Grub websites

Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

MissSP is on a distinguished road
Default English Grub websites

Hi

Having only just seen the thread about Lidl, I've realised that I missed their British week - and then realised there isn't one anyone in Como area. Doh!

I now want to start thinking ahead for Christmas ie. cakes, mince pies (making my own mincemeat), but wanted to know if 1) anyone knows where you can get raisins etc and/or 2) if there are any online food stores that do English food?

I'm wanting to get started on my Christmas cake, but triple quantities of sultanas aren't going to work!!!

Thanks

Sarah
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:16 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Grub websites

Oh, I don't know, a sultana cake - kind of a yellow eccles cake!

I've used British Corner Shop and it does seem to be the one most use and it's reliable. You should get everything you need, but you'll pay a premium. The best thing is to buy a few heavy things to get the weight up quickly then I think you get free postage over 50kg, under is £15.99 I think irrespective of what you get.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Try www.britishonlinesupermarket.com, I haven't tried them but they deliver worldwide and are based in Folkestone, Kent. Good luck, we are spending Christmas in London this year (yippee) so I shall treat myself to a trip to Fortnum and Masons for all the goodies.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

We live in Varese and we have a couple of asian shops that sell English things. Certainly mincemeat although I'm not sure about raisins and currants - I bring mine from England. There is also a Lidl in Varese. Where the IKEA is in Lugano there is a big COOP that sometimes has things that you can't get in Italy.