who applying 457 thread

Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Name……………......... Office……...applied ……meds rec…..meds finalised …visa

2007 Approvals
LewPerth..........…..Perth.......….23 Aug. …………...……...3 Sep………....14 Nov
Parh……………........…...…..…….….. 29-Aug……20-Sep………24-Sep….…...31Oct
Sunnymd…......……...…………....….06-Sep…..25-Sep……..22-Oct…….....30-Oct
Chefjung…….....…….....……………..11-Sep…..19-Sep….……………..…….....6 Dec
Mrs pixie................................11 Sept....8 Oct.........7 Nov...........12 Dec
Janandjohn……….......……….....….13-Sep…...01-Oct………25-Oct.…......13 Nov
Whitterz……….....….....……………...18-Sep………….……..……11-Oct…………13 Dec
Sprug……...……......….....………… .19-Sep……………….….………....……..... .09-Oct
Hotel44…………...........……………. .19-Sep……………….….….09-Oct.……....29-Oct
Antifunky….......……..…………..... .19-Sep……………….…..…20-Sep………..23 Nov
Givemecoffee........................ .21 Sep ....18 Oct.......5 Nov...........30 Nov
Rahel...................Brisbane.......22 Sept...25 Sept......22 Oct..........27 Nov
Safin………......….....Sydney…… ..24-Sep……29-Sept .....02-Oct….......2 Nov
Nessyp………...........Melbourne...25 Sep........................................21 Oct
Stuffed shirt…....……Brisbane.....29-Sep…...01-Oct.….…09-Oct………...16 Nov
Soton....................................02 Oct.....................20 Oct..........30 Nov
Riya......................................03 Oct.....22 Oct........9 Nov...........28 Nov
Fizzybiz.................Perth.........03 Oct.....18 Oct........23 Oct..........13 Dec
Yellow mellow….....….…………......04-Oct….…29-Oct….… 13 Nov..........26 Nov
Andy n Georgina... Brisbane.......9 Oct.......1 Nov.........15 Nov..........13 Dec
Jimmyh……….....…......……………...12-Oct……………….….....…………..…... ..24-Oct
Looky…....……...….…Perth……......22 Oct…...24-Oct.….…29-Oct….......16 Nov
Trace141………………………............... .............................................5 Nov
Emigrating herberts .……...…..……23-Oct……24-Oct.……..22 Nov.........26 Nov
EternityBeckons.......Melbourne..22 Oct.....22 Oct.......13 Nov..........14 Nov
MartinH..................................29 Oct ...F/L in Sydney .................6 Nov
Alenaroo...............Sydney........29 Oct....27 Nov...........................4 Dec
Knoxy....................................9 Nov......17 Nov.......23 Nov...........29 Nov
Dave0474...............................22 Nov....1 Nov.............................13 Dec
Ypandher................Sydney......5 Dec......13 Dec......14 Dec............17 Dec

2008 Approvals
Ianhutch…………......Perth..........02-Oct….......…………….6 Nov...….…...22 Jan
Pep_Juani..............Melbourne...8 Oct.......23 oct.......14 Nov...........21 Jan
Looaa1909.............................18 Oct......8 Nov........20 Nov..........10 Jan
Paraponte………………………........ .1 Nov ......4 Dec........Dec...............17 Jan
Laura_and_James....................2 Nov.......8 Nov........8 Nov.............5 Jan
LM109....................Brisbane....11 Nov.....20 Nov.......23 Nov...........16 Jan
PeterYork...............................13 Nov.....16 Nov......19 Nov............16 Jan
Moggs1980.............................20 Nov.....12.Nov......13 Nov......... ..8 Jan
Suart.....................Brisbane.....20 Nov.....04 Dec......14 Jan............19 Jan
Withnail..................Sydney......22 Nov....9 Jan.........10 Jan............17 Jan
Monet....................................26 Nov....................26 Nov............4 Jan
Ypandher................Sydney......5 Dec......13 Dec......14 Dec............17 Dec
Jasonmb.................Melbourne..5 Dec.......18 Dec......19 Dec............22 Jan
EdnaAverage...........Sydney......7 Jan.......18 Jan.......22 Jan............23 Jan

Darren253…......……...…………….. .22-Sep……………….….…….................. ...
Asskwoo………......…..………….......02-Oct……………….....…03 Oct............
AngelaR.................................14 Nov.....1 Nov........4 Dec....
Scuba Steve...........................15 nov........
Beccij.....................Brisbane....22 Nov.....7 Dec........11 Dec
S1mon321..............................26 Nov.....4 Dec........4 Dec
Fredabloggs............................6 Dec......19 Dec.......9 Jan
Tabbiespice.............Perth........8 Dec.......29 Dec......3rd Jan......
Nurse32.................................9 Dec......................14 Dec.....
Cambridge Lot......... Brisbane....Dec..........9 Jan.......16 Jan.....
Shari68..................................14 Jan.......
Paddyo..................................18 Jan.......
verystormy.............................25 Jan.......31 Jan......

Tracy
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Quick question. Do I have to attach digital photos to my e457 application? thanks mandyx
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Quick question. Do I have to attach digital photos to my e457 application? thanks mandyx
if its to prove relationship yep but dont go over board and write on them whos on the photo and yr

if for something else ????? what you sending???
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
if its to prove relationship yep but dont go over board and write on them whos on the photo and yr

if for something else ????? what you sending???
Thanks, it was just that I saw that option in the drop down box and thought i have not attached any. I did not know if i needed to attach photos of myself and my children, although I have already attached a copy of our passport identification page. Think I have done everything needed for my 457 visa just waiting now. I wish they would hurry up i have lunch dates in Perth to arrange
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:34 am
Just Joined

JohnLor is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi,

I have just been offered a job in Perth and starting off on the visa application. I have read through some of this thread and have a better idea of what to expect. Its all pretty exciting and getting to this stage has been quite rapid. I have already attended a thorough medical for my new prospective employer so its starting to become a reality.

Fingers crossed that we are among the lucky ones who don't encounter too many problems.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shari68
hiya,

Hoping somebody can help me!

In process of filling in "Consent form to grant Australia Visa to a child under the age of 18 years" I am unsure about witnesses, anyone who has filled in this form...who did you ask? does it have to be a solicitor? or can a Teacher do this? need to take these forms to the medicals next week.

Thanks Shari
Shari

I was just wondering about your consent form. If you are having to do one then I assume that one of the children you are bringing to Oz has a different birth parent.....a stepchild of either you or your other half?

3 of our children have different birth parents than us.....2 from a previous relationship of mine and one from Steves first marriage. We also had to do the consent forms but we also had to get statutory declarations done to allow us to remove the children from the UK. Have you thought about whether this also applies to you?
We dont want to worry you unecessarily and we dont know your circumstances of course but we wouldnt want your application to be delayed because you need them.

Jackie and Steve
xxxxx
xxxx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

Nothing for us this morning.

We were quite hopeful and Steve is a little disappointed but never mind.......it will come eventually!
Hopefully we will get at least a crumb this week sometime

We have had all our shipping guys quote us.....still waiting the final figures as yet but have been most impressed with PSS to be honest.
Doree Bonner and John Mason were also good. Allied Pickfords did a good sales job but from what I have read they have been the most iffy.

Crown didnt even bother to call us back so stuff them!

A bit of info for you all.....it is currently a fairly quiet time of year for the shipping companies but it gets very very busy Easter time onwards so if you are thinking about when to ship then might be worth keeoing that in mind.

Take care guys and gals

Great to see some new faces on the thread......keeps the thread going when us old timers are in Ozzieland!

Jackie and Steve
xxxxx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
Nothing for us this morning.

We were quite hopeful and Steve is a little disappointed but never mind.......it will come eventually!
Hopefully we will get at least a crumb this week sometime

We have had all our shipping guys quote us.....still waiting the final figures as yet but have been most impressed with PSS to be honest.
Doree Bonner and John Mason were also good. Allied Pickfords did a good sales job but from what I have read they have been the most iffy.

Crown didnt even bother to call us back so stuff them!

A bit of info for you all.....it is currently a fairly quiet time of year for the shipping companies but it gets very very busy Easter time onwards so if you are thinking about when to ship then might be worth keeoing that in mind.

Take care guys and gals

Great to see some new faces on the thread......keeps the thread going when us old timers are in Ozzieland!
Code:
i am the old timer here i think 
Jackie and Steve
xxxxx

love tiff
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Bit of an update for you all, we accepted an asking price offer on the house yesterday

Really hope everything goes okay with it now, it will be a huge burden off our minds so keeping our fingers crossed but realise its still early days. Apart from that we have been busy sorting house stuff out and seeing family and friends as much as possible, everyone wants a piece of us before we leave and yesterday I was having major wobbles but feeling super positive again im like a rollercoaster ride at the moment!

Struggling to get a short-term rental in Perth for anything near reasonable so we are now looking at a 6 month rental which will at least give us some stability while we are like fishes out of water!

So much stuff to sort out with tax and pensions and cancelling bills, etc but think we will be okay by the time we go
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

wobbles are normal !! you will even have them here let me tell you now

as for everything else you will get it done in time we did and congratulations on selling your house thats brill news

just wish someone would buy ours
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Bit of an update for you all, we accepted an asking price offer on the house yesterday

Really hope everything goes okay with it now, it will be a huge burden off our minds so keeping our fingers crossed but realise its still early days. Apart from that we have been busy sorting house stuff out and seeing family and friends as much as possible, everyone wants a piece of us before we leave and yesterday I was having major wobbles but feeling super positive again im like a rollercoaster ride at the moment!

Struggling to get a short-term rental in Perth for anything near reasonable so we are now looking at a 6 month rental which will at least give us some stability while we are like fishes out of water!

So much stuff to sort out with tax and pensions and cancelling bills, etc but think we will be okay by the time we go
Hi, good news about the house. I know how you feel my packers are coming tomorrow so I should be sorting everything out and not looking at BE! Had some wobbles myself especially when I read the money threads so not reading them anymore. My visa is not through yet and I am supposed to start work in Perth on the 8th of March so need at least a couple of weeks there to get sorted. It is just myself and my 14 year old daughter going to begin with so I am going to book a hotel for two weeks, we can stay in the same room and organise everything from there. The leaving parties are organised, but have lots of lunch dates with friends to sort out and family to visit. List getting longer by the day and i know i will be sitting on the plane thinking dam i forgot to do that but never mind will sort it from OZ. Good luck, it is so exciting but so draining but i know it will be worth it
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Pep_Juani is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ianhutch1

Excellent news! Thank God I did not have to sell since I was renting here...
My sponsor will arrange one month on a furnished apartment there in Perth while I seek for 1 year rent place, I've been looking around and found it is not cheap... so I appreciated the fact my sponsor is playing fair!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Pep_Juani is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I am quoting movers and one in particular gave me this check list... perhaps you guys will find it useful.

5 - 6 weeks before your move
• Check that your passports and visas are valid.
• Check whether any permits are required, e.g. for residency, work, vehicles, firearms, and pets (check for quarantine requirements).
• Check your vaccination requirements.
• Check your travel documents and tickets.
• Collate all your personal documents, e.g. birth and marriage certificates and records.
• Apply and obtain your international drivers license.
• Request your vehicle insurance records.
• Cancel subscriptions to clubs, magazines and newspapers.
• Notify schools.
• Clear out the loft, garage and shed.
• Dry clean everything that won't be moving; clean items store better: rugs, draperies, comforters, blankets, coats, suits, woolens and silks.
• Have any repair work done: shoes, watches, appliances, clothes, stereos, etc.
• Arrange doctor's appointments for family physicals: update shots, obtain a 1 year supply of prescription medicine.
• Obtain the necessary permits for shipping original fine artwork (at the Museum of Fine Arts)
• Put your motor vehicles for sale.

3 - 4 weeks before your move
• Prepare the valuation for insurance and complete the Unipack insurance proposal form.
• Get appliances serviced as needed (check for voltage and frequency compatibility): washer and dryer, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave oven.
• Dispose of the items you don't want to ship; have a garage sale.
• Supply a contact number and / or address for after you have moved but before you leave the country (if appropriate).
• Supply your overseas contact address and phone number.
• Ask for final accounts for gas, water, electricity and cable.
• Complete all outstanding credit agreements.
• Cancel all rental agreements.
• Run down stocks of food and drink.
• Confirm your removal date with XXXX.
• Notify change of address: post office, credit card companies, banks, creditors, debtors, stockbroker, attorney, professional organizations.
• Obtain all school records, medical and dental records, eyeglass prescriptions, x-rays, pet's records, etc.

2 weeks before your move
• Clean garden tools, bicycles, etc.
• Arrange care for children and pets on moving day.
• Arrange for main services to be disconnected: phone, electricity, gas, water, cable television, trash services..
• Empty lockers at school and work.
• Return or retrieve any items on loan.
• Drain fuel from motor mowers and all other motors that you will ship.
• Dispose of plants and perishable food.
• Arrange for trash to be picked up after the packing is completed.

1 week before your move
• Close out bank accounts or notify of direct or foreign deposits
• See if your bank can make wire transfer to new bank.
• Buy travelers checks.
• Pick up medications for travelers.
• Arrange transportation to airport.
• Defrost and clean refrigerator.
• Arrange for house cleaning after packing is complete.
• Send back to XXX all the shipment forms signed and completed.

1 - 2 days before your move
• Separate all personal items which are to travel with you, e.g. keys, documents, passports, tickets, certificates, currency, clothing, medications, toiletries, maps, games, books.
• Confirm air reservations.
• Disconnect, clean and dry any electrical appliances that you wish to ship.
• Disconnect lights for shipment and make wiring safe.
• Dismantle furniture items as per XXXX schedule.
• Arrange with the neighbors or with building administrator to leave enough parking space for the removal vehicle.
• On moving day relax and let XXXX do the work.
• Remain on hand in case the packers have any questions.
• Check all rooms, cupboards and walls to make sure nothing is left behind.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

JohnLor is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone just starting out this checklist is fantastic, thanks for taking the time to post....
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

wslee is an unknown quantity at this point

just got our visa approved today after 2 months long wait ! I'd like to get advise by you all whether we need to get our passport stamp in Australia Embassy here for the visa or we can do it later in Australia (we will moving to Perth in Mid of February). Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.