who applying 457 thread

Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by whitterz
We had r meds done in manchester, they were really good. Just wanted to let you all know. Leaving on ETA today at 10am!!!!

Sarah xx

My Goodness Sarah

GoodLuck tomorow and your new life, let us know how you get on and also when the visa arrives

Jason & Tracy
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Name……………......... Office……...applied ……meds rec…..meds finalised …visa

LewPerth..........….....Perth....…23 Aug. …………...……....3 Sep……….14 Nov
Parh……………........…...…..…….….2 9-Aug…….20-Sep………24-Sep….…31Oct
Sunnymd…......……...…………....…06-Sep….…25-Sep……..22-Oct……..30-Oct
Janandjohn……….......……….....…13-Sep…....01-Oct………25-Oct.…...13 Nov
Sprug……...……......….....………… 19-Sep……………….….………....……..... 09-Oct
Hotel44…………...........……………. 19-Sep……………….….…..09-Oct.…….29-Oct
Rahel...................Brisbane......22 Sept....25 Sept......22 Oct.......27 Nov
Safin………......….....Sydney…… 24-Sep…….29-Sept .....02-Oct…...2 Nov
Nessyp………...........Melbourne..25 Sep......................................21 Oct
Stuffed shirt…....……Brisbane....29-Sep…....01-Oct.….…09-Oct………16 Nov
Riya.....................................03 Oct......22 Oct........9 Nov.......28 Nov
Soton...................................02 Oct......................20 Oct......30 Nov
Jimmyh……….....…......……………..12-Oct……………….….....…………..…... 24-Oct
Looky…....……...….… Perth……....22 Oct…....24-Oct.….…29-Oct…....16 Nov
Trace141………………………............... ..........................................5 Nov
MartinH.................................29 Oct .....F/L in Sydney ............6 Nov
Antifunky….......……..…………..... 19-Sep……………….…..….20-Sep………23 Nov
Yellow mellow….....….………….....04-Oct….….29-Oct….… 13 Nov......26 Nov
Knoxy...................................9 Nov.......17 Nov........23 Nov......29 Nov
Chefjung…….....…….....…………….11-Sep…....19-Sep….……………..…………....…
Mrs pixie...............................11 Sept.....8 Oct.........7 Nov.........
Whitterz……….....….....……………..18-Sep………….……..…….11-Oct………….……
Givemecoffee........................ 21 Sep .....18 Oct.......5 Nov.................
Darren253…......……...…………….. 22-Sep……………….….…….................. ........
Asskwoo………......…..…………......02-Oct……………….....….03-Oct…………..……
Ianhutch…………...... Perth........02-Oct….......……………..6 Nov...….……….…
Pep_Juani.............Melbourne...8 Oct........23 oct........14 Nov.......
Andy n Georgina... Brisbane....9 Oct........1 Nov.........15 Nov.........
Emigrating herberts .……...…..………..…........23-Oct………24-Oct.……..…………
Looaa1909.............................18 Oct......8 Nov.........20 Nov
EternityBeckons....Melbourne....22 Oct......22 Oct.......13 Nov..........
Paraponte………………………........ 1 Nov .........
Laura_and_James...................2 Nov........8 Nov.........8 Nov
LM109.................Brisbane......11 Nov......20 Nov........23 Nov.....
AngelaR................................14 Nov......1 Nov..........4 Dec....
Scuba Steve..........................15 nov........
PeterYork......................................... ....16 Nov.......19 Nov
Suart...................................20 Nov.......
Withnail................................22 Nov.......
Dave0474.............................22 Nov........1 Nov.......
Jasonmb.............Melbourne....5 Dec.........

Whoo Ohhh I have FINALLY been able to add us to the list, E-Meds booked for the 18th
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:56 am
Just Joined

mrs pixie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, feeling really fed up we are now into week 13 , meds been finalised 4weeks today , more info asked for at beginning of last week . We just cant believe its takeing so long ! Every day we think will be the day , is anyone elses takeing as long or is it just ours ? Sorry for going on and good luck to you all on your visas , Jo
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by whitterz
We had r meds done in manchester, they were really good. Just wanted to let you all know. Leaving on ETA today at 10am!!!!

Sarah xx
Good luck, keep us up to date.

Becky x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Whoo Ohhh I have FINALLY been able to add us to the list, E-Meds booked for the 18th
YIPPEE!!!!!

Really happy that something is happening for you.

Becky xx

P.S just looked at my signiture, its the wrong date................26 nov! no wonder people thought it had gone through super fast!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by laura_and_james
I'm confused!

I just read some of the recent posts and someone said that if you worked in a hospital you would need a chest x-ray and a full medical...

I'm going to work in QLD as a radiographer (if I ever get the visa!) and on the e-application it said that I would only need a chest xray.

Oh the pain of being a radiographer and having to pay someone else £85 for a chest xray (manchester)! I nearly cried!

So, I haven't heard anything since the meds were finalised on 8/11, do you think this means I don't need a medical?!?

Will this slow things down even more?!?

Laura

hi, just caught the thread. my name is andy and i will be starting at robina hospital in the gold coast as a radiographer in january. currently living in temporary accommdation in burleigh heads with my wife and son.
I also used to work in manchester at the mri and hope hospital. Small world eh?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

laura_and_james is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SunnyMD
hi, just caught the thread. my name is andy and i will be starting at robina hospital in the gold coast as a radiographer in january. currently living in temporary accommdation in burleigh heads with my wife and son.
I also used to work in manchester at the mri and hope hospital. Small world eh?
Hi,

I work at Stepping Hill in Stockport at the mo. My last day is January 4th though (had to give 8 weeks notice and i was hoping i'd have heard something about the visa by then!)
So have you been e-mailing John at Gold Coast then? I've been told i'll be placed at Gold Coast hospital, not robina, but what the hell as long as its sunny I don't care!
I've got registration and the licence, just waiting on the visa! So as soon as we get that we'll be over on the Gold Coast (fingers crossed!)

Did you have to have a medical?!? on the e-457 application it said that I only needed an xray..

Thanks,

Laura
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:56 am
Worth the Wait

Andy n Georgina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mrs pixie
Hi everyone, feeling really fed up we are now into week 13 , meds been finalised 4weeks today , more info asked for at beginning of last week . We just cant believe its takeing so long ! Every day we think will be the day , is anyone elses takeing as long or is it just ours ? Sorry for going on and good luck to you all on your visas , Jo
We are now upto week 8 since lodging at Brisbane. I applied for my QNC registration in April and job offer was 25th June so all in all upto 8 months since we started the process :curse::curse: Some applicants who applied at Brisbane 1-2 weeks before us have got theirs so hoping its not long now
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jo

Everything seems to be going really slow at the moment When we received the confirmation email this morning we were told :-

"Please note that the Department of Immigration have advised us that they are experiencing a backlog of health examination results. This is due to the high volume of results being received by the Department combined with the low level of staffing resources currently available at the Local Clearance Unit (LCU). Consequently, processing times have been extended to approximately 3-4 working weeks from the date the health examination results are received by the LCU (as opposed to the previous standard processing time of 1-2 weeks)."

This could be why things have slowed down, which doesn't help us

Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer and if they have requested further info they must be doing something with your app

Tracy
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
YIPPEE!!!!!

Really happy that something is happening for you.

Becky xx

P.S just looked at my signiture, its the wrong date................26 nov! no wonder people thought it had gone through super fast!

Thanks Becky, I know it hasn't been that long but it just seems like ages, at least now we can sleep on a night, as we know nothing will happen until after we have had our meds on the 18th.

Tracy
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Pep_Juani is on a distinguished road

Hi Mrs Pixie,
Never mind the wait, I've been told by the immi agent that it is very busy there and just to be patient , I am only one week after you but I am not really in a hurry, and I still want to have everything lined up to buy tickets and organise whatever I leave behind... this is the third time I immigrate... first one from Peru to South Africa, then from South Africa to Chile... and now to Perth. I know first hand this is very painful and stressing and it does not pay to organise everything on a tight schedule. Better tell everyone you will be moving in few months time... it works.

Pep
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Pep_Juani is on a distinguished road

Whoo Ohhh I have FINALLY been able to add us to the list, E-Meds booked for the 18th[/QUOTE]

Well done!! Now this is when it all starts... especially once you have the TRN, it is really addictive to check your status...
BTW, Melbourne office is slow!! they told me that it could take another week to sort out my visas...:curse:

Pep
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pep_Juani
Well done!! Now this is when it all starts... especially once you have the TRN, it is really addictive to check your status...
BTW, Melbourne office is slow!! they told me that it could take another week to sort out my visas...:curse:

Pep[/QUOTE]

Hi Pep

Thanks for this, we already have the TRN and I have already had a look just to see what it looks like of course and I did book our E-meds too. Well we should be used to slow by now Hopefully you should hear something soon, it seems to have been a quiet week for "got its", hopefully some of you waiting patiently 457ers will have some good news by the end of this week or early next week.

Tracy
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

mrs pixie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replys normally would not matter how long visa takes but we have friends in adelaide and are due there for xmas . We could go on a holiday visa but feel we are so close to getting the visa hopefully that we are hopeing to get a one way flight instead of a return . Sadly all flights are going up daily and not as many left to choose from ! Also need to sort the dog and container , everything standing by but cant do anything until we get it . Our new boss also booked us on xmas works do , back in august when oh accepted job offer . The house sale is going through and they want to be in for xmas . All in all the visa process is getting more stressful by the day even for oh who is normally very chilled but just doesnt know when to hand notice in and yet it will be all systems go as soon as we get it . Sorry for going on again but know alot of you will understand and i hope it explains why we are so stressed , Jo
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

can i ask what further information they asked for? we are getting super paranoid now 9 weeks in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.