who applying 457 thread

Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

bodders71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi - new to the forum today. I know this may seem like a stupid question, but how did you all go about applying for and securing jobs in Oz from the UK? Did you use recruitment agencies? How forthcoming were prospective employers with regard to providing sponsorship to allow a 457 application? I'm a mortgage broker in UK and look to be soing the same in Oz. Would be really grateful for any assistance...
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bodders71
Hi - new to the forum today. I know this may seem like a stupid question, but how did you all go about applying for and securing jobs in Oz from the UK? Did you use recruitment agencies? How forthcoming were prospective employers with regard to providing sponsorship to allow a 457 application? I'm a mortgage broker in UK and look to be soing the same in Oz. Would be really grateful for any assistance...
Hi and welcome to the group.

We phoned a few places in different parts of Australia and many of them asked for a C.V to be sent, so we did and also attached some pics of work that he had carried out.
We had about 5 job offers and 3 were really keen and happy to sponsor. We looked at what each were offering and went with the one that had the best package for our family.

I know some go with agencies, but sometimes i think it depends on if you are cheeky enough and forward enough to sell yourself direct with the employer. I know this can be quite daunting.

Good luck with your journey and keep us informed, Im sure you will have no problems securing employment.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

chelsea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whitterz
Hi,

Good to hear from you!! Glad all is well, we have booked our flights, we go 5th Dec1!! Have got an ETA just incase 457 isnt through, but QNC have got a move on and should have reg this week, then they will grant visa
We are staying in Brisbane for a few days before flying to Townsville. Keep in touch.

Love Sarah xx
Hi sarah

Can you use an ETA when you already have one visa on the go.I didn't think you could do one way flights with an ETA, is this true. If you don't mind me asking what is your timescale for your visa, when are you due to get it!!!!!!

Best wishes Chelsea
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:28 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chelsea
Hi sarah

Can you use an ETA when you already have one visa on the go.I didn't think you could do one way flights with an ETA, is this true. If you don't mind me asking what is your timescale for your visa, when are you due to get it!!!!!!

Best wishes Chelsea
I think you can if you have evidence of funds to return. I hope so cos it looks like I'm going to have to do that around new year's day, although I have reservations about doing it, especially as there's no guarantee of getting the 457.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:59 pm
Worth the Wait

Andy n Georgina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Hi and welcome to the group.

We phoned a few places in different parts of Australia and many of them asked for a C.V to be sent, so we did and also attached some pics of work that he had carried out.
We had about 5 job offers and 3 were really keen and happy to sponsor. We looked at what each were offering and went with the one that had the best package for our family.

I know some go with agencies, but sometimes i think it depends on if you are cheeky enough and forward enough to sell yourself direct with the employer. I know this can be quite daunting.

Good luck with your journey and keep us informed, Im sure you will have no problems securing employment.
OH MY GOD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET YERSELVES THERE!!! WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FEW DAYS AFTER YOU BUT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR POLICE CHECKS AS HUBBY HAS A DRIVING CONVICTION!!NAUGHTY HUBS!!
WELL DONE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:t humbsup:
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andy n Georgina
OH MY GOD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET YERSELVES THERE!!! WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FEW DAYS AFTER YOU BUT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR POLICE CHECKS AS HUBBY HAS A DRIVING CONVICTION!!NAUGHTY HUBS!!
WELL DONE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:t humbsup:
Hopefully the visa will be this week, (fingers crossed)

Good luck with your naughty hubby and his driving conviction. Im sure it will all be ok, as long as he a terrorist car bomber driving like a maniac in the streets of London.

Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:30 pm
Worth the Wait

Andy n Georgina is on a distinguished road

Hopefully the visa will be this week, (fingers crossed)

Good luck with your naughty hubby and his driving conviction. Im sure it will all be ok, as long as he a terrorist car bomber driving like a maniac in the streets of London.

Hope so I can't wait much longer
Old Nov 26th 2007, 12:48 am
Just Joined

chefjung is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Safin,

Glad all is going well. bet it still does not seem quite real.

We have had the nomination approved yesterday so should get the visa too in the next few days (heres hoping)

Keep us upto date with things,

How are the kids enjoying it?

Becky x
Hey Yellowmellow,

I've had my nomination approved on the 10th of Nov. Still waiting for the visa been 2 weeks since I got approved. Wish the PBC would hurry up!!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Riya is an unknown quantity at this point

Mediclas finalised on 9 Nov

Further info sent on 21th Nov..........

Its 26.. ...............there is no update.......
still it shows further information required.........

Any Idea of how much time required after this...????
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

GOT IT THIS MORNING YIPPEE!!!!!!

good luck everyone else,

Jason change my status please xx

Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

antifunky is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck everyone else,

Congratssssssssssssssssss
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Congrats yellowmellow

Enjoy.....

Sarah
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Congrats
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

good luck everyone else,

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Name……………......... Office……...applied ……meds rec…..meds finalised …visa

LewPerth..........….....Perth....…23 Aug. …………...……....3 Sep……….14 Nov
Parh……………........…...…..…….…29-Aug…….20-Sep………24-Sep….….31Oct
Sunnymd…......……...…………....…06-Sep….…25-Sep……..22-Oct……..30-Oct
Janandjohn……….......……….....…13-Sep…...01-Oct………25-Oct.…....13 Nov
Sprug……...……......….....………… 19-Sep……………….….………....……..... 09-Oct
Hotel44…………...........……………. 19-Sep……………….….….09-Oct.……..29-Oct
Safin………......….....Sydney…… 24-Sep…….29-Sep .....02-Oct….....2 Nov
Nessyp………...........Melbourne..25 Sep......................................21 Oct
Stuffed shirt…....……Brisbane....29-Sep…...01-Oct.….… 09-Oct………16 Nov
Jimmyh……….....…......……………..12-Oct……………….….....…………..…... 24-Oct
Looky…....……...….… Perth……...22 Oct…....24-Oct.….…29-Oct….....16 Nov
Trace141………………………............... ...........................................5 Nov
MartinH.................................29 Oct .....F/L in Sydney .............6 Nov
Antifunky….......……..…………..... 19-Sep……………….…..…20-Sep………23 Nov
Yellow mellow….....….………….....04-Oct….…29-Oct….… 13 Nov.......26 Nov
Chefjung…….....…….....…………….11-Sep…...19-Sep….……………..…………....…
Mrs pixie...............................11 Sept.....8 Oct........7 Nov.........
Whitterz……….....….....…………….18-Sep………….……..…….11-Oct………….……
Givemecoffee........................ 21 Sep ....18 Oct.......5 Nov.................
Darren253…......……...…………….. 22-Sep……………….….…….................. ........
Asskwoo………......…..………….....02-Oct……………….....…. 03-Oct…………..……
Ianhutch…………...... Perth........02-Oct….......…………….6 Nov...….……….…
Soton...................................02 Oct......................20 Oct................
Riya.....................................03 Oct.....22 Oct........9 Nov......
Pep_Juani.............Melbourne...8 Oct.......23 oct........14 Nov.......
Andy n Georgina... Brisbane....9 Oct.......1 Nov........15 Nov.........
Emigrating herberts .……...…..………..….......23-Oct………24-Oct.……..…………
Looaa1909............................18 Oct......8 Nov.........20 Nov
EternityBeckons....Melbourne....22 Oct......22 Oct......13 Nov..........
Paraponte………………………........ 1 Nov .........
LM109..................................11 Nov.......
Scuba Steve..........................15 nov........
PeterYork......................................... ....16 Nov......19 Nov
Suart...................................20 Nov.......
Withnail................................22 Nov.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.