We have a problem - Work Reference

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:05 pm
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We have a problem - Work Reference

hmm thanks for your reply twinset

my hubby's boss would be terribly mad at him if he asked him directly to write a reference letter for immigration purposes. so i was thinking of getting him writing a letter (job position, pay, date started, etc ) and getting two of his colleagues - i mean of higher importance in the ornanigram and have them write description, etc of my hubby's responsabilites and then attaching their business card. what do you think ? do you think that DIAC would accept that ?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Hi,

Understand your issue: exactly the same one I was faced with - yes, did exactly the same thing, ensuring that the principal contact number for the individuals concerned was their direct dial line, thereby ensuring bypassing any potential issues i.e. angry boss asking about who DIAC are!!

I am in process of going through the application right now, should be finished in Jan or thereabouts.

I will let you know if it sails or crashes and burns!! Either way, I am going....

Twinset
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:43 am
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol
yeah good idea if giving the direct line...
well good luck for your application and thanks for the advice
lets keep in touch and keep me updated ...
where are you planning to move exactly
for me its going to be perth - we have a relative living in clarkson
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Adelaide,

Can't wait!! Wife desperate, me looking forwards to big change.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same situation regarding the reference. My boss doesn't know I've applied, although he knows my brother lives there and I've visitied a couple of times and enjoyed it so he has an inkling. Knowing it was going to take up to a year, it's impossible to tell your employer - especially if you're then rejected!

I've emailed DIAC to ask what they recommend I do, should hear back by Tuesday. I had already sent payslips and P60 tax forms showing who my employer is.

The stat dec sounds like a good idea, apart from finding a solicitor and then paying them just to sign something. But if that's the only way, not much you can do about it!