Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

davenemma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice please - 176 sponsorship to victoria - esp childcare expats

Thanks Pollyanna,
I have already looked at the police forum and found it interesting - still looking to get a heads up from an expat in Victoria if there are any out there.

Have you gone through the 176 sponsorship yourself? How long did it take?

They recommend access to $40k on the DIAC site for 2 people, however it actually says that they don't require evidence unless they ask you for it. Has anyone actually had a problem with this?

I'll take a look at the link to the forum for childcare jobs, but would definitely like to hear from childcare workers and police officers and anyone who has recently gone to Victoria on a 176.

Dave
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davenemma
Thanks Pollyanna,
I have already looked at the police forum and found it interesting - still looking to get a heads up from an expat in Victoria if there are any out there.

They recommend access to $40k on the DIAC site for 2 people, however it actually says that they don't require evidence unless they ask you for it. Has anyone actually had a problem with this?

I'll take a look at the link to the forum for childcare jobs, but would definitely like to hear from childcare workers and police officers and anyone who has recently gone to Victoria on a 176.

Dave
No, I came on a Spouse Visa, just basing my knowledge on 10 years on the forum
Some States ask for proof of funds, if Vic don't then thats good, just bear in mind that you need to be able to support yourselves till you are earning, and if you read the main Aus forum you'll see Aus isn't as cheap as it once was.
I know there have been some threads in there recently about childcare, not sure which States though.
The one thing I have gleaned about Vic State Sponsorship is that they like to see commitment to the State - not long back people were being rejected if they applied to another State as well, because Vic wanted to see commitment, so I would hazard a guess that if your partner can mention your intention to join their police it should go in your favour
Old Mar 29th 2012, 12:14 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Advice please - 176 sponsorship to victoria - esp childcare expats

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The one thing I have gleaned about Vic State Sponsorship is that they like to see commitment to the State -
Yep, I was state sponsored and I still have to reply to their "are you still here" emails even though I am now an Australian Citizen.

BB
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davenemma
Thanks Pollyanna,

Dave
DIAC does not have any monetary requirements for the skilled migrant visa.

Some of the states do have financial requirements, you need to look on the state website not DIAC website to see if there is a financial requirement. I just had a quick look and didn't see anything definitive, although I could have missed it.

When we moved, we went through about GBP18k in getting set up and settled. We did everything very comfortably though and certainly there were cheaper options with respect to temporary accommodation etc. On the other hand we were both working within a fortnight and still went through GBP18k.
Old May 22nd 2012, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

ritz2044 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Appeal question

hi,

How much time does it take to get a positive asessment fro VIC SS.

I applied on 10th May.

Ritesh
Old May 22nd 2012, 11:32 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Originally Posted by ritz2044
hi,

How much time does it take to get a positive asessment fro VIC SS.

I applied on 10th May.

Ritesh
That thread is about ACS appeals, so I've moved it to the Victoria state sponsorship thread. Have you looked at the Victoria SS website? If you look at the FAQs, it says that processing times take approximately twelve weeks (although it can vary).

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; May 22nd 2012 at 11:38 pm.
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
That thread is about ACS appeals, so I've moved it to the Victoria state sponsorship thread. Have you looked at the Victoria SS website? If you look at the FAQs, it says that processing times take approximately twelve weeks (although it can vary).
Thanks.. But I am scared now that if I dont get it before July then I woudl never be able to apply because EOI will only start in Jan 2013. and I will turn 33 years in October 2012. So this is the last chance for me.
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:55 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.. But I am scared now that if I dont get it before July then I woudl never be able to apply because EOI will only start in Jan 2013. and I will turn 33 years in October 2012. So this is the last chance for me.
Invitation for submitted EoIs are going to be starting on the 1st August 2012. They abandoned the January 2013 date a long time ago.
Old May 24th 2012, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Invitation for submitted EoIs are going to be starting on the 1st August 2012. They abandoned the January 2013 date a long time ago.
Hi,

How will that help me? Incase if I apply in August 2012 then will they consider my age when i applied or when i get an approval to apply from DIAC.

That is a bit confusing.

Thanks,
Ritesh
Old May 24th 2012, 3:27 am

Hi,

How will that help me? Incase if I apply in August 2012 then will they consider my age when i applied or when i get an approval to apply from DIAC.

That is a bit confusing.

Thanks,
Ritesh
You were complaining that they start the EoIs in January & that you would have passed your birthday by then. I was pointing out that you were wrong - they start invitations in August. They consider the points at the time of invitation. So, if you don't get invited until after your birthday, then your points would be lower because you've hit 33.
Old May 27th 2012, 10:19 am
Just Joined

quinn72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeeeeez the tone on this thread is so grouchy. I was interested in the question someone asked about wheter the 12 week wait time was typical but the replies were verging on the nasty. Why should a poster have to justify their reasons for asking a question?
The 12 week question can be important for a couple of reasons. In my case I have a positive ACS assessment that expires in about 9 weeks so Im curious if anyone had received the state sponsorship in 5 or 6 weeks. If a few had then I would retain some optimism that i wouldnt need to go for another ACS assessment prior to lodging my full 176 application.
It seems to be the long standing members of the forum who are the worst offenders. As your mother used to say "if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all"
Old May 27th 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by quinn72
Jeeeeez the tone on this thread is so grouchy. I was interested in the question someone asked about wheter the 12 week wait time was typical but the replies were verging on the nasty. Why should a poster have to justify their reasons for asking a question?
The 12 week question can be important for a couple of reasons. In my case I have a positive ACS assessment that expires in about 9 weeks so Im curious if anyone had received the state sponsorship in 5 or 6 weeks. If a few had then I would retain some optimism that i wouldnt need to go for another ACS assessment prior to lodging my full 176 application.
It seems to be the long standing members of the forum who are the worst offenders. As your mother used to say "if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all"
Firstly, having re-read the thread, the tone is not particularly nasty. Secondly, you don't have the right to tell people not to post. It is remarkably cheeky to join a forum & make your first post an attempt at trying to criticise other posters & encouraging them not to post. So don't do it. If there is a post that concerns you, feel free to report it so that the mods can review it.
Old May 27th 2012, 11:14 am
Just Joined

quinn72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just commented that the tone of this thread was very tetchy and I think you've just proved my point. So I guess the new guy should just sit down and be quiet until ive earned my right to be mean..... eh OK
Old May 27th 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by quinn72
I just commented that the tone of this thread was very tetchy and I think you've just proved my point. So I guess the new guy should just sit down and be quiet until ive earned my right to be mean..... eh OK
No. It's a case of you are not entitled to tell other people not to post. We've lost many a decent contributor because someone else has decided that they they dislike (for whatever reason) what has been said (usually because it's honest & doesn't tell them "Everything will be fine. Of course you're eligible for a visa - everyone is!") & feel they have the right to tell them not to post. You don't have the right to - and I would say the same to anyone else too. Hence you've been told not to.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; May 27th 2012 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

northwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by parekhsanket
Dear All,

Help Needed!!

I have applied for ACS and currently preparing for IELTS, I will be applying for state sponsorship (Victoria) for Database Administrator in their Occupation list.

I needed some advice/guidelines on finance front, since I read I have to show 40,000 AUD (for me + 2 dependants), in India I have a apartment on my name plus I have certain deposits in bank (for me + my wife) can I show that also. Do i have to get that document certified (stating TRUE copy)?

Apart from these any other docs are needed for state sponsorship?

Thanking all in advance

Sanket
Hi Sanket

Did you have your VIC SS approved? If yes, how long did it take? I also applied for the same occupation code as you. So I was curious to know how long it took for you

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.