Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by Bizkut
Can anyone tell me how important is the financial resources information for state nomination? What would be a suficient amount for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids)?
You need to read the state websites, they are different but if they say they want evidence of financial resources you need to assume they mean it.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

For Victoria, the question isn't exactly about the readily available funds, but rather:

"An answer to this section is required so that we can understand how you will support yourself while you settle into Victoria. It is important that you advise us of the total of all your financial resources to enable us to undertake the correct assessment."

The Help section states:

"This question requires you to add together all your financial resources to provide an estimate of your total accessible funds in Australian dollars. Financial resources include cash, car(s), house(s), furniture, stocks, shares, bonds, jewellery, gold, etc. "

My question is about what would be a minimuim acceptable value.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't really matter what the minimum acceptable would be. If you have $5k then all you can put is $5k. If you have $500k then you can put $500k.

If they want you to have $250 000 available but you can't get that amount, would you lie and say you can? Of course not! So, just put how much you have.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

To answer Bizkut's question, offshore 190 applicants for the State of Victoria with three dependants would be expected to have access to $50,000. Please see http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...a-subclass-190, where you will find more information and a table that breaks down AUD required per number of dependants.

For Victoria, the question isn't exactly about the readily available funds, but rather:

"An answer to this section is required so that we can understand how you will support yourself while you settle into Victoria. It is important that you advise us of the total of all your financial resources to enable us to undertake the correct assessment."

The Help section states:

"This question requires you to add together all your financial resources to provide an estimate of your total accessible funds in Australian dollars. Financial resources include cash, car(s), house(s), furniture, stocks, shares, bonds, jewellery, gold, etc. "

Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:43 am
Julie and Dave

Jad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud of
Default Please Advise : VE-176 Visa, Is it possible to move to another state.

Without giving too much detail:

My partners sister has emigrated to Melbourne with her family and after arriving their marriage has broken up, can she move to Perth even though the visa is a Victoria sponsored VE176?
The husband will be staying in Melbourne but her sister want to move to Perth for support from us, is there any chance she could do that or get her visa changed to allow this?
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:12 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Advise : VE-176 Visa, Is it possible to move to another state.

Originally Posted by Jad-2006
Without giving too much detail:

My partners sister has emigrated to Melbourne with her family and after arriving their marriage has broken up, can she move to Perth even though the visa is a Victoria sponsored VE176?
The husband will be staying in Melbourne but her sister want to move to Perth for support from us, is there any chance she could do that or get her visa changed to allow this?
If she fulfilled her obligation to the sponsoring state, she can move no questions asked. If she is still within the requisite 2 years of staying there, she'd be much better off writing a request to the DIAC arguing that she can no longer stay due to [come up with the reason].
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Please Advise : VE-176 Visa, Is it possible to move to another state.

This has been discussed many times before. For example: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746448

The upshot is that her obligation to remain in the sponsoring state is a moral one not a legal one. Whether or not she chooses to honour that moral obligation is up to her.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 10:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the primary applicant? If it was her husband then no problem at all, if it was her, then as others have said, it's a moral obligation and until it's a legal one she still has no problem but it would be polite to let DIAC/Vic know.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

rsvp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to start apply 190 category VICTORIA without Agent.

if any one applying 190 category end of this year kindly follow steps.
how to apply and initial payment to arrange without agent.....190 category VICTORIA
Old Nov 4th 2012, 9:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to start apply 190 category VICTORIA without Agent.

Originally Posted by rsvp
if any one applying 190 category end of this year kindly follow steps.
how to apply and initial payment to arrange without agent.....190 category VICTORIA
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Do you want to know how to apply for state sponsorship or how to apply for the visa once you have state sponsorship?

Either way, you'll need a skills assessment and IELTS before you can apply for the visa. Have you got those?
Old Nov 5th 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

rsvp is an unknown quantity at this point

my question is ..... how to apply for state sponsorship and is there any fees applying initial skill assessment.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by rsvp
my question is ..... how to apply for state sponsorship and is there any fees applying initial skill assessment.
Check www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au
There you will find information on state sponsorship.
Yes, skills assessment will cost.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

beginnerbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My vitoria sponsorship got rejected

Hi,

I applied for sponsorship almost 3 months back and did not hear anything. I enquired with them and I was infored that they are waiting confirmation from the independent industry panel. Within another 5 days I got a mail saying that my sponsorship is rejected due to other stronger calibre candidate applications. Could this be because of my enquiry in between?

Can anyone please tell me to which other state I can try? I am falling under Software Testing and am looking for metropolitan state.

Regards
Begineer Bee
Old Jul 5th 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My vitoria sponsorship got rejected

Originally Posted by beginnerbee
Could this be because of my enquiry in between?
Chances are, the rejection is for the reason given.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 10:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My vitoria sponsorship got rejected

Originally Posted by beginnerbee
Hi,

I applied for sponsorship almost 3 months back and did not hear anything. I enquired with them and I was infored that they are waiting confirmation from the independent industry panel. Within another 5 days I got a mail saying that my sponsorship is rejected due to other stronger calibre candidate applications. Could this be because of my enquiry in between?

Can anyone please tell me to which other state I can try? I am falling under Software Testing and am looking for metropolitan state.

Regards
Begineer Bee
As Roaringmouse says, it'll be for the reason given, I wouldn't imagine they are in the habit of lying!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.