Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

baljinsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Originally Posted by n_g
Hello..
Received my vic sponsorship y'day..12th april...had applied on 6th december..
Cheers
Nitin
Hello Nitin,

Would you please share:
1) ANZSCO code you applied for?
2) Your Technical skills
3) Your Total Exp.

Thanks for sharing, it will help to have an assessment of our own applications.
-Baljinsi
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by baljinsi
Hello Nitin,

Would you please share:
1) ANZSCO code you applied for?
2) Your Technical skills
3) Your Total Exp.

Thanks for sharing, it will help to have an assessment of our own applications.
-Baljinsi
Hi Friends,
By God's grace, today I also received Victoria sponsorship. I had applied as SYSTEMS ANALYST 261112. I am an SAP Certified Consultant in Business Intelligence Module. I am also an ABAP and Business Objects developer. When I applied for sponsorship on 15th Dec. 2010, my experience was 4 Years and 4 months(total).
I have one question: In my sponsorship form filled during my application, I had not mentioned about immigration of my son with me . I just filled that my wife would be immigrating with me. At that time we both had a plan to move initially, but now I want to take visa for our child also. Will you please guide, if it will be ok if I also include our son in my application. In Sponsorship application I only mentioned about partner. It seems to me ok, but just opinions of you people would be really valuable.
Thanks,
-Baljinsi
Old Apr 17th 2011, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Hafiz Shahzad Hameed is an unknown quantity at this point

Was there any option to include dependents while applying for Sponsorship application? But I don't think so because I've not entered details of my dependents while applying for sponsorship. Now what can I do to make it clear that my application has 2 dependents? Will it be enough to send an email mentioning that my application has 2 dependents with the dependent details?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hafiz Shahzad Hameed
Was there any option to include dependents while applying for Sponsorship application? But I don't think so because I've not entered details of my dependents while applying for sponsorship. Now what can I do to make it clear that my application has 2 dependents? Will it be enough to send an email mentioning that my application has 2 dependents with the dependent details?
Yes, there were 2 Questions: 1) is your partner immigrating with you and then it asks for partner details ? 2) Is your child migrating with you and then child's details? I did not see any other details about other dependents.

Sending them an email shud be fine.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Default Re: State Sponsorship

I've one question. I've AUD 30K and I've mentioned the same when I've got an email to mention my financial resources. But I think its very low budget to get sponsorship. I've tried to increase my finances and I've done it as well. Now I've around AUD 50K. How can I recover my that previous email and tell them that I've AUD 50K?

what you suggest me on it? Should I show this increased finance? Will it be better or should I continue with that previously mentioned figure?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about it. It doesn't need to be fact down to the last cent. You can't recover an email but if you really want to let them know then just send another email saying you've increased your resources.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:18 am
Just Joined

what you suggest whether Victoria would consider AUD 30K as enough funds to get sponsorship?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hafiz Shahzad Hameed
what you suggest whether Victoria would consider AUD 30K as enough funds to get sponsorship?
No idea as DIAC and Victoria don't stipulate. Victoria states: The amount of money you will need to bring with you to migrate to Victoria will depend on your individual circumstances and the type of visa you apply for. As part of the application for Victorian Government sponsorship you will be required to provide a real estimate of the total funds you have available for migration purposes. There is no specific amount to qualify for sponsorship. Applications are assessed on an individual basis.

We do not require evidence of the resources at time of application however this may be requested from you at any time during the sponsorship commitment. We expect that applicants will answer the question completely and accurately and failure to do so may result in an unsuccessful application. Failure to completely and accurately answer this question is a common reason for refusal of state sponsorship applications. Applications completed incorrectly will not be given consideration.

We strongly encourage you to research the cost of living in Victoria to ensure that you have adequate funds to support your settlement. Find out more about the cost of living in Victoria.

Therefore you have to work out what you (no one else, you) will need to support you and any dependents in case you don't get immediate work. No one else will know what your standard of living will be and a million other variables.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

sheraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEuser
Alright, if Tier 1 for UK was not enough of confusion for me (see me previous post) then here is the response that I got from Vic SS:

Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme under the occupation of 261313 Software Engineer.

To be eligible for skilled migration, applicants will need to have their skills assessed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Visit the ACS website for details on gaining the assessment: www.acs.org.au.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program will hold the application open for three months to enable you to complete the registration process. Once you receive the assessment, email a scanned copy to the Skilled and Business Migration Program.

We look forward to receiving the skill assessment.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-XXXXX in all of your communication to us.

Can any one please tell me that if I submit ACS then would they grant me VIC SS based on that or does that mean that I will just complete a list of documents and then VIC SS would still think if they'll be giving me SS?
hi..

yeah probably if u recieve positive assessment ,they will grant u sponsorship..(best of luck buddy)

did u recive ths email from VICTORIA ss department or from DIAC...??

and how much fees for assessment u paid (if u have applied).
Old Apr 18th 2011, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by n_g
Hello..
Cheers
Nitin
many many congratulations...

please share your all process and detials in cronological order..

tht will be helpfull for all of us...

thanks...
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by reactivator
Finally after almost a year since I decided to embark upon this road...
I got approved for Victoria SS this morning. Analyst Programmer.

Some info the may be of help/interest...

I applied on the 5th Nov.

I'm an Irish 38 year old .net certified developer with a hons degree in Computers.

I have 17 years software development experience, 6 years .net, 4 years C#.

I have a sister married in Melbourne.
I'm hoping to move with wife and 4 year old twins.
I've got 8.5 average IELTS
Declared Funds circa 180K.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all their help and the best to luck to those still waiting.
many congs...

finally some good news r coming from victoria smp...

hopefully ths month will be decisive for applicants ...

hoping for the best....
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by sheraz
many many congratulations...

please share your all process and detials in cronological order..

tht will be helpfull for all of us...

thanks...
No.
It.
Won't.
Not.
In.
Any.
Way.
Shape.
Or.
Form.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Many many congrats to n_g and BEuser and best of luck for next steps

[QUOTE=Originally Posted by reactivator View Post
Finally after almost a year since I decided to embark upon this road...
I got approved for Victoria SS this morning. Analyst Programmer.

Some info the may be of help/interest...

I applied on the 5th Nov.

I'm an Irish 38 year old .net certified developer with a hons degree in Computers.

I have 17 years software development experience, 6 years .net, 4 years C#.

I have a sister married in Melbourne.
I'm hoping to move with wife and 4 year old twins.
I've got 8.5 average IELTS
Declared Funds circa 180K.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all their help and the best to luck to those still waiting....

Originally Posted by n_g View Post
Hello..
Cheers
Nitin
[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEuser
Alright, if Tier 1 for UK was not enough of confusion for me (see me previous post) then here is the response that I got from Vic SS:

Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme under the occupation of 261313 Software Engineer.

To be eligible for skilled migration, applicants will need to have their skills assessed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Visit the ACS website for details on gaining the assessment: www.acs.org.au.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program will hold the application open for three months to enable you to complete the registration process. Once you receive the assessment, email a scanned copy to the Skilled and Business Migration Program.

We look forward to receiving the skill assessment.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-XXXXX in all of your communication to us.

Can any one please tell me that if I submit ACS then would they grant me VIC SS based on that or does that mean that I will just complete a list of documents and then VIC SS would still think if they'll be giving me SS?
I got my sponsorship approved I think 3 days (or less) after I submitted the aksed for skills assessment. When I previously asked them about it they told me that they would only ask for a skills assessment to be done if they would sponsor the person.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

BEuser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sheraz
hi..

yeah probably if u recieve positive assessment ,they will grant u sponsorship..(best of luck buddy)

did u recive ths email from VICTORIA ss department or from DIAC...??

and how much fees for assessment u paid (if u have applied).
Thanks Sheraz, musicalfever4 and Hafiza for your response.

I asked Victoria SS about ACS assessment and they replied as follows:

Thank you for your email. No application for Victorian State Sponsorship can be finalised without a completed positive skills assessment. Please note that the completed skills assessment is one of the final parts of the sponsorship process. We have kept the file open for three months and hope to receive your skills assessment soon.

I think the response is very positive as they have said that its one of the final part of the sponsorship process.

I have collected all the required documents and filling up the online application for ACS. I hope to submit it by this week Inshallah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.