Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:02 am
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by miscellaneous
Hi Moira

Pauljen is right re the visa being linked to your passport, I have just arrived in Melbourne, and it was all electronically detailed, the visa paper I printed out has a paragraph which states to quote:- VEVO also allows visa holders who applied online to view their current visa details. If a visa holder provided a password for VEVO in their online application, they will be able to access the service on the Department's website at www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/vevo.htm

Also the email helpdesk address is:- [email protected]
I hope these may be of help to you, in your present plight. chin up, as they have very good medical care out here.

Kind wishes
Elaine
Thank you Pauljen and Elaine. I have gone through to the sites, when I put my details in - I am then asked to phone a no which is on fax (that might have been because it was Saturday). But I have found my TRN. no, but will still check. But it eased my mind to have that information, one thing less to think about.
And yes they do have good medical care but it was misdiagnosed as piles 18mths ago. But my son is young and strong so I am staying positive.
Best wishes Moira:
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:05 am
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by audie123
I am in the similar position as you and am very despondent - the doctor I saw on my second visit (after having x rays blood and eye tests done the previous week) saw that I took half a sleeping pill - she asked "why do you take a sleeping pill?" - jeez I don't know - to sleep maybe! however she was not being funny so I asnwered politely ......"to sleep better!" Also I have trouble squatting - knees crunch - I play tennis three times a week but she thought that this was enough to send my info to Brisbane for further checking! - very frustrating -

then there are my daughter's problems .............another story - she is mentally challenged - I sent MRI reports and reports from the doctor - there is no question that she has a disability which is why I applied on a special form - '47A - "details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 or over......... However the doctor wanted more info - the details I had sent had not been sent by the case officer - Now they want to do more tests - which are going to find that she has micro cephaly and is dependent upon me - which we have already stated clearly.

In my initial acknowledgement to my case officer when I first received her letter I said that it would be wonderful if we could get the paper work done before we leave Australia in mid april.

When we went for our medicals in Labrador queensland - the doctor asked what kind of visa I was applying for I told her Contributory Parent Visa #143 - and she said tht she had never heard of such a thing and perhaps I was confused - neither of the medical doctors we saw that day had any idea of what was required..................am I ranting a bit - yes - I am so frustrated - as are my family.

I have just faxed the medical reports to the medical doctor here so will see what transpires next

when I spoke to my case officer after the doctor's visit she said tht the form 47A (dependent children) is for unemployed youth and children inuniversity and yet it clearly shows tht they should apply with form 47a along with the main applicant on Form 47PA

I don't expect a lot of feedback on this - as I realise that it is a 'different' case - but it feels good to vent a bit - forgive me -

it does seem as though lots of people are getting case officers at the moment and I wish all those who have them now and will get them soon the best of luck -

my daughter and I have been in Australia on a tourist visa since early november when we welcomed my graddaughter into the world! - we had hoped to be returning for good in November after selling the house.............we love it here and we are involved in quite of lot of things and Catherine has programmes and social groups she belongs too -.maybe it will still work

thank you if you are still reading!

audie
Yes still reading Audie and keep ranting. It is very frustrating. Hope it resolves soon.
Moira
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Pauljen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Has anyone paid their 2nd VAC to the London High Commission from outside the UK? My 2nd VAC payment cash is still in the UK and I am in South Australia - it would be more cost effective to leave it in the UK and not have to pay the costs involved in the moving it. Any thoughts, anyone?!
Jean
Hi Jean, We are just about to do the same as we are living on the Gold Coast and our funds are in the UK. I have just sent an email to the embassy in London asking them if we can fax over the the payment details etc.. a bit more secure than email. Should get a reply on Tuesday if were lucky.

Paul
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:29 am
Just Joined

bullfighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rosalinka
Received request for 2nd vac to-day
You eagerly check every hour for it and when it does arrive you're still in shock
We sent our 2nd payment last Friday,it hurts a bit ,but hey it's only money and we have to bite the bullet, we can't take it with us.
Just waiting to hear from the CO when it is convenient for him for us to be out of the country for him to give us the OK.:
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi Jean

We paid our 2nd VAC to the London High Commission in November/December whilst out in Brisbane area. Firstly sent mandate and covering docs via Australia Post International Express, but due to me not addressing it exactly correctly, it was refused by the LHC! Then did it all by email, which was almost instantaneous, but I did have a contact email there! If correctly addressed mail/courier would be ok and took approx 5 days from Oz to UK! Incidentally I didn't put "attention of Migration Branch" on the package, which is why they refused to accept it!! It arrived back in Oz in January, it was worrying as the mandate has all your debit/credit card details on!

Also was some confusion by LHC about receipt, a copy of which should go to CO, which after several delays got there, but all these hiccups did delay the red star day!

I hope this helps

Matt
Thanks Matt, VERY helpful! How's blighty? SA Autumn is lovely - still warm - long may it last.
Jean
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pauljen
Hi Jean, We are just about to do the same as we are living on the Gold Coast and our funds are in the UK. I have just sent an email to the embassy in London asking them if we can fax over the the payment details etc.. a bit more secure than email. Should get a reply on Tuesday if were lucky.

Paul
Sounds good - I'd love to know what they say! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Jean
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure you could make payment to the London High Commission and attach receipt to your application, just means paying up front, but thats normal anyway. I would give it a go, and see what happens!

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt,
I have a question on the mandate did you fill in all the names who are applying for the visa or just name of first person.
I am just in the process of submiting the 2nd payment to London.

Regards

Les
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

hwilson is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking about making my second payment to London too (once I get the request) Anyone any idea how much delay this causes?

Hugh
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Pauljen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Sounds good - I'd love to know what they say! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Jean
My question to the London Embassy was: Can I Fax my 2nd vac payment to you?

Their reply was: Dear Client,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please contact the case officer in Perth Australia who is assessing your application for acceptable payment methods.

That was a complete waste of time I'll send it by snail mail instead and do as Matt suggested ask for the receipt to be sent to myself.

Paul
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:21 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi Matt,
I have a question on the mandate did you fill in all the names who are applying for the visa or just name of first person.
I am just in the process of submiting the 2nd payment to London.

Regards

Les
Hi, I put both names on the mandate plus file reference number, included a copy of the COs request plus a letter explaining it all.

Hope this helps

Matt
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi, I put both names on the mandate plus file reference number, included a copy of the COs request plus a letter explaining it all.

Hope this helps

Matt
Thanks Matt,
Thats what I thought,have everything else in place will be posting it to London next week.
Watch this space

Thanks
Les
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

hwilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the request for 2nd VAC today

Steve, could you please update Gainwave. VAC today, AOS on March 13th.

Hugh
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hwilson
Got the request for 2nd VAC today

Steve, could you please update Gainwave. VAC today, AOS on March 13th.

Hugh
Nice one Hugh,
its getting nearer, you are now on the final stage.

Good luck
Les
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost there
Good luck Hugh
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Hugh, the goal is in sight, keep focussed.
Best wishes
Elaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.