Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:07 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice
Post Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Matt
by coming back to the UK for six months you leave yourself open to IHT on your worldwide assets of £325,00 or jointly £650,000, you need to establish non domiciled status by being away from the UK for 5 years to avoid this.
Of course you can come back for holidays,

K and M
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

hwilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
The article doesn't state what you are going to live off for 10 years whilst deferring the pension!!
Best to take your pension then every 5 yrs take a 6 month holiday back in UK and start claiming pension payments as soon as you arrive back here, that will then insure the increases!!

Cheers

Matt
Interesting thought Matt.
Does that mean the increase would continue to be paid when you returned to Australia after the 6 months holiday, and would it the full 5 years catch up apply?

Hugh
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hwilson
Interesting thought Matt.
Does that mean the increase would continue to be paid when you returned to Australia after the 6 months holiday, and would it the full 5 years catch up apply?

Hugh
Short answer No.

It is only paid at higher rate while you stay in the UK.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:48 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Short answer No.

It is only paid at higher rate while you stay in the UK.
And if you tell them (Pensions Dept) that you have moved back to the UK?

Matt
Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
And if you tell them (Pensions Dept) that you have moved back to the UK?

Matt
You get the index-linking while you remain in the UK, 4 weeks, 4 months, 4 ever.

I think a lot of this could be theoretical as if it is a short term visit who wants all the paper work to get maybe 4 weeks of £2 pension increase?
Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:45 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

You get the index-linking while you remain in the UK, 4 weeks, 4 months, 4 ever.

I think a lot of this could be theoretical as if it is a short term visit who wants all the paper work to get maybe 4 weeks of £2 pension increase?
Well that idea is out then!

Matt
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:06 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Nail on the head there Les - we need to keep a sense of perspective!

Re-establishing ordinary residence (and UK tax liability) just for the sake of the state pension increases is clearly not sensible, but if like us you have some of your family here and plan to spend periods here in the future anyway it is part of the jigsaw.

Cheers

Steve
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

austibeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's a week since we made the trip to Cardiff for our medicals and we are still unsure of the outcome. My wife needed further reports and our local medical practice has managed to make life as difficult as possible, by first losing the letter we submitted from Cardiff and then failing to answer the three questions that were asked for. We return to the medical centre later this afternoon in another attempt to receive the required letter.
I will probably have to ask our Case Officer for an extension of time, as it's taking longer to acquire the medical reports. It really is the most stressful part of the visa process, especially when the unexpected crops up, such as my wife having protein in her urine sample, but hopefully all will work out just fine.
At least our Police Checks seem to be on their way, as I have had a phone call this afternoon, just to clarify something, and they have said they will post them to us today. I do feel that the 28 days we were given by our Case Officer is rather tight, considering that a good deal of the reports etc., are out of our control.........we have moved as fast as we possibly can.
I do hope all is going well for those of you that are going through the same stage as we are and that we all get through to the star on Steve's Timeline.

Good luck, Eric.

Last edited by austibeach; Mar 22nd 2010 at 4:05 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by austibeach
Well it's a week since we made the trip to Cardiff for our medicals and we are still unsure of the outcome. My wife needed further reports and our local medical practice has managed to make life as difficult as possible, by first losing the letter we submitted from Cardiff and then failing to answer the three questions that were asked for. We return to the medical centre later this afternoon in another attempt to receive the required letter.
I will probably have to ask our Case Officer for an extension of time, as it's taking longer to acquire the medical reports. It really is the most stressful part of the visa process, especially when the unexpected crops up, such as my wife having protein in her urine sample, but hopefully all will work out just fine.
At least our Police Checks seem to be on their way, as I have had a phone call this afternoon, just to clarify something, and they have said they will post them to us today. I do feel that the 28 days we were given by our Case Officer is rather tight, considering that a good deal of the reports etc., are out of our control.........we have moved as fast as we possibly can.
I do hope all is going well for those of you that are going through the same stage as we are and that we all get through to the star on Steve's Timeline.

Good luck, Eric.
Hi Eric,
Email you CO explaining your problems and he should give you more time, we were given 48 days and because of a problem with our son arranging the Aos, the Co gave us another month.
We were given 28 days to pay the 2nd vac payment, and I have just asked for an extension on that.
we have found that any querries we have asked the CO he has been very happy to answer.

Best wishes

Les
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sandch
I know Les - we just want to get out there and hang the consequences
I agree Steve can't come soon enough and I would rather get a job out there than stay here without my daughters and their husbands. Does anyone else suffer with the friends that keep telling you how many Brits are returning to the UK at the moment, millions evidently!!! Who are they kidding ??

All the best to those who are paying their 2nd VAC whatever the rate it will be so worth it and this is one time when money can buy time.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

austibeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi Eric,
Email you CO explaining your problems and he should give you more time, we were given 48 days and because of a problem with our son arranging the Aos, the Co gave us another month.
We were given 28 days to pay the 2nd vac payment, and I have just asked for an extension on that.
we have found that any querries we have asked the CO he has been very happy to answer.

Best wishes

Les
Thanks Les, it looks like I will have to contact the Case Officer, as it looks like the 28 days is too tight a time to pull everything together. We do now have the reports from our GP, so I will get those off to the panel doctor first thing tomorrow. I'm sure there will be more hurdles to overcome as the weeks go on, but it is reassuring to read that others are going through similar problems.
I just went to get into my car to go and pick up those reports from the medical centre and the key broke off in the lock..............are the Gods against us !!!! ?
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

audie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by austibeach
Thanks Les, it looks like I will have to contact the Case Officer, as it looks like the 28 days is too tight a time to pull everything together. We do now have the reports from our GP, so I will get those off to the panel doctor first thing tomorrow. I'm sure there will be more hurdles to overcome as the weeks go on, but it is reassuring to read that others are going through similar problems.
I just went to get into my car to go and pick up those reports from the medical centre and the key broke off in the lock..............are the Gods against us !!!! ?
I am in the similar position as you and am very despondent - the doctor I saw on my second visit (after having x rays blood and eye tests done the previous week) saw that I took half a sleeping pill - she asked "why do you take a sleeping pill?" - jeez I don't know - to sleep maybe! however she was not being funny so I asnwered politely ......"to sleep better!" Also I have trouble squatting - knees crunch - I play tennis three times a week but she thought that this was enough to send my info to Brisbane for further checking! - very frustrating -

then there are my daughter's problems .............another story - she is mentally challenged - I sent MRI reports and reports from the doctor - there is no question that she has a disability which is why I applied on a special form - '47A - "details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 or over......... However the doctor wanted more info - the details I had sent had not been sent by the case officer - Now they want to do more tests - which are going to find that she has micro cephaly and is dependent upon me - which we have already stated clearly.

In my initial acknowledgement to my case officer when I first received her letter I said that it would be wonderful if we could get the paper work done before we leave Australia in mid april.

When we went for our medicals in Labrador queensland - the doctor asked what kind of visa I was applying for I told her Contributory Parent Visa #143 - and she said tht she had never heard of such a thing and perhaps I was confused - neither of the medical doctors we saw that day had any idea of what was required..................am I ranting a bit - yes - I am so frustrated - as are my family.

I have just faxed the medical reports to the medical doctor here so will see what transpires next

when I spoke to my case officer after the doctor's visit she said tht the form 47A (dependent children) is for unemployed youth and children inuniversity and yet it clearly shows tht they should apply with form 47a along with the main applicant on Form 47PA

I don't expect a lot of feedback on this - as I realise that it is a 'different' case - but it feels good to vent a bit - forgive me -

it does seem as though lots of people are getting case officers at the moment and I wish all those who have them now and will get them soon the best of luck -

my daughter and I have been in Australia on a tourist visa since early november when we welcomed my graddaughter into the world! - we had hoped to be returning for good in November after selling the house.............we love it here and we are involved in quite of lot of things and Catherine has programmes and social groups she belongs too -.maybe it will still work

thank you if you are still reading!

audie
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:09 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Phew. Eric and Audie, you're each having a frustrating run. Keep us posted though, it will be therapeutic and you'll get lots of support and often help.

Best wishes

Steve
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barbaran
I agree Steve can't come soon enough and I would rather get a job out there than stay here without my daughters and their husbands. Does anyone else suffer with the friends that keep telling you how many Brits are returning to the UK at the moment, millions evidently!!! Who are they kidding ??

All the best to those who are paying their 2nd VAC whatever the rate it will be so worth it and this is one time when money can buy time.
I have to say that our experience is quite the opposite of yours. When we tell people we are emigrating 9 times out of 10 it is the signal to begin a mini rant about the state of the country etc and how they don't blame us. Some people have also asked for chapter and verse as to how we have done it. There is just such widespread disenchantment at the moment and it's just so sad.

Also to Audie, hang in there. I can't believe your doctor wanted to investigate your cruncy knees, blimey, if there was a crunching knee contest we would probably win hands down. Tony had a minor op on one of his last year too yet we still made it.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep going Eric and Audie. Most problems eventually do get sorted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.