Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old May 17th 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Sootsweep
Has anyone sent in a CD of photos before or do they need to be printed?
I believe they don't like CD's or DVD's as they scan all of your application as soon as they get it and so they would have to print off all the photos themselves, and that is if they even attempt to look at it. If you can, I would print them off to be on the safe side. I put my in a Word document with 2 photos on each page and wrote above each one, who was in it and when and where it as taken. Hope this helps.
Old May 17th 2011, 10:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sootsweep
Has anyone sent in a CD of photos before or do they need to be printed?
Do Not Send a CD! Seriously, it will just go in the bin. Scan four pics to a page and print off. Everything should be straight off scannable. They just take the application, shove it in the scanner and deal with it all on computer.

They don't want more than 10 or so pics anyway so it would be a major waste of a CD.

To Footballjunky, you need certified copies of all used pages on all passports you hold.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:04 am
Cez
Account Closed

Cez is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know roughly how long it's taking the Sydney office to process 820 visas - any recent visa grants? I only applied a couple of months ago but heading overseas on holiday in September and it would be really convenient if I had my visa by then (but not the end of the world if not - just need to sort out a BVB and getting my work limitation lifted. Fun times!)
Old May 18th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Julianne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
To Footballjunky, you need certified copies of all used pages on all passports you hold.
Does this include pages with exit and entry stamps?
Old May 18th 2011, 10:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julianne
Does this include pages with exit and entry stamps?
Yes, they are "üsed" pages
Old May 18th 2011, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Julianne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, they are "üsed" pages
Noted.

Another question. My partner has a German passport and recently applied to renew his expired South African passport. He hasn't recieved his new SA passport yet and probably won't do for some time. Will this cause issues with our application given you need to provide copies of all passports etc?

Thanks
Old May 18th 2011, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

NR08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie but been reading lots of posts on the site here over the past few days and it's been very useful!

A couple of questions. I am starting to pull together all the paperwork for a move to Melbourne next year, but can't really apply for the de-facto visa until early September, when my (English) boyfriend and I will have been together for 12 months.

Technically we will have lived together 1 year from early August, as we met while in a flat share, but 'officially' got together a month later. So my question would be could I count August as part of our 12 months? Not trying to cheat the system but just don't want to have to wait so long! Also, what's the deal if you submit your application a little early, before the 12 months? Would they look at your application at all or just reject it straight away?

From these 2 questions I'm just trying to establish whether I could submit either late July, or late August.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers
Old May 18th 2011, 12:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NR08
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie but been reading lots of posts on the site here over the past few days and it's been very useful!

A couple of questions. I am starting to pull together all the paperwork for a move to Melbourne next year, but can't really apply for the de-facto visa until early September, when my (English) boyfriend and I will have been together for 12 months.

Technically we will have lived together 1 year from early August, as we met while in a flat share, but 'officially' got together a month later. So my question would be could I count August as part of our 12 months? Not trying to cheat the system but just don't want to have to wait so long! Also, what's the deal if you submit your application a little early, before the 12 months? Would they look at your application at all or just reject it straight away?

From these 2 questions I'm just trying to establish whether I could submit either late July, or late August.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers
You need to show proof of 12 months cohabitation. If he (or you) moved into the flatshare and can prove you lived under the same roof then go by that date. If you send it in showing cohabitation started at a later date, they will send it back and you're likely to lose your application fee. What's a month or so between lovers? . You'd still have a year from application to planned move date which should be more than enough time for a decision to be made.
Old May 18th 2011, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You need to show proof of 12 months cohabitation. If he (or you) moved into the flatshare and can prove you lived under the same roof then go by that date. If you send it in showing cohabitation started at a later date, they will send it back and you're likely to lose your application fee. What's a month or so between lovers? . You'd still have a year from application to planned move date which should be more than enough time for a decision to be made.

Thanks Moneypenny. I just figured that since I only met him when he first moved in (early August) we obviously didn't start our relationship before that time. If I have no proof of being in a relationship during August will that matter? (All my proof of actually being a couple is from early September)
Old May 18th 2011, 2:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NR08
Thanks Moneypenny. I just figured that since I only met him when he first moved in (early August) we obviously didn't start our relationship before that time. If I have no proof of being in a relationship during August will that matter? (All my proof of actually being a couple is from early September)
DIAC may query it if there is no proof of when the relationship started if you cut it close for the 12 months. I would do what Pen suggests and use September as the start date to be safe. If you can prove you were both living at the same address from a certain date though, include that proof and use that date. Make sure that when you get friends/family to write stat decs if they use dates that they use the right date! A lot of people are hazy about when relationships started and they may even say they thought it was October...!
Old May 18th 2011, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
DIAC may query it if there is no proof of when the relationship started if you cut it close for the 12 months. I would do what Pen suggests and use September as the start date to be safe. If you can prove you were both living at the same address from a certain date though, include that proof and use that date. Make sure that when you get friends/family to write stat decs if they use dates that they use the right date! A lot of people are hazy about when relationships started and they may even say they thought it was October...!
Thanks Pollyanna, I guess that seems wise. I will hold off on submitting the aplication until the end of August...plenty of time to make sure the stat decs are all in order!

Cheers
Old May 19th 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by footballjunky
Hi All

I am nearly there now, it says you should supply certified copies of your current passports and all previous travel documents. I hold dual nationality US/British do I need to get certified copies of all my US passports or just the British ones.

Thanks
I only got the ID page of my passport certified. Not all the entry and exit stamps and that was fine.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Tjw25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Im planning on handing in my de facto visa application at the end of June, very close to the end of my current WHV. I contacted immigration about making an appointment to hand in my application but was told they no longer make appointments and to just turn up which was fine as that was what i was originally planning on doing. However, today i have read a few threads on another forum where people have been informed that you can no longer hand in de facto visa applications in person in Melbourne. So now i am a little confused and was just wondering if anyone had any recent experience of handing in an application in person at the Melbourne office?

Thank youuu
Old May 21st 2011, 7:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

This seems to state that you have to either post or courier your application. However, if you're close by, it can't hurt to rock up and see if you can do it in person. If they say no then post it - not that that makes much sense
Old May 24th 2011, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

rishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to all

Hi...Can anyone please tell me how to check medical status for spouse visa application (100 subclass) ? I am a permanent resident of Australia & now in Australia

It was paper based. My wife completed medical on 8th of May 2011 as Co requested. But after that we did not get any email from CO/visa officer.

So I am wondering is there any way to check medical status? (My wife is from south asia.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.