Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Sparky33
Hi Everyone

I am applying for a PMV, lodged at the end of January this year through Global Visa's.

I am still waiting to hear from a Case Officer. Should I be concerned or will they only get in touch if they need something from me?

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark,

I was sent an email with my case officers name after a week of the application being sent. If you have gone through an agent, they may have received the confirmation if you nominated them as the one to receive correspondence from the High Commission. Perhaps contact your agent just to double check all is ok.

Good luck with the application.
Rav.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Sparky33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ravvers
Hi Mark,

I was sent an email with my case officers name after a week of the application being sent. If you have gone through an agent, they may have received the confirmation if you nominated them as the one to receive correspondence from the High Commission. Perhaps contact your agent just to double check all is ok.

Good luck with the application.
Rav.
Cheers Ravvers

I have just sent the agent an email, fingers crossed all the wheels are in motion

Mark
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sparky33
Thanks Mairi

I now remember stating on one of the forms that all correspondence should be directed through the agency.

My credit card was debited the fee within 3 days of being submitted it just feels weird to have not heard from anyone. Its a hell of a wait though its only been 2 months, I'd just worry about getting to June or July and for my file to have slipped down the back of a filing cabinet. Paranoia sets in pretty quickly.

Thanks again

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark

That's good that your credit card has been debited, means they've definitely received your application safely! I understand how you are feeling completely. You spend so much time and effort gathering the evidence for your application, it's a relief to finally get it sent off and then you hear nothing for months! I had similar paranoid thoughts during the waiting period. However I'm sure your agent would have contacted you by now if there was a problem so try not to worry.
Take it easy and take comfort from knowing that many of us have been, and still are, in the same boat (frantically paddling to Oz!).
Cheers
Mairi
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Sparky33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Hi Mark

That's good that your credit card has been debited, means they've definitely received your application safely! I understand how you are feeling completely. You spend so much time and effort gathering the evidence for your application, it's a relief to finally get it sent off and then you hear nothing for months! I had similar paranoid thoughts during the waiting period. However I'm sure your agent would have contacted you by now if there was a problem so try not to worry.
Take it easy and take comfort from knowing that many of us have been, and still are, in the same boat (frantically paddling to Oz!).
Cheers
Mairi
Thanks Mairi

I'll carry on frantically paddling

It really does test your sanity
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

I've been trying to contact my CO now for days to get his OK to travel to Australia on Friday and finally see my husband after two and a half months and still no word.I have emailed, left voicemail's and actually spoken to someone in his office that promised him to get me a call back but nothing. Its so close I can almost feel it but with out his say so, I cant go. I honestly feel like I could cry because unless I get word tomorrow morning its not going to happen. I'm packed and everything.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kamie26
I've been trying to contact my CO now for days to get his OK to travel to Australia on Friday and finally see my husband after two and a half months and still no word.I have emailed, left voicemail's and actually spoken to someone in his office that promised him to get me a call back but nothing. Its so close I can almost feel it but with out his say so, I cant go. I honestly feel like I could cry because unless I get word tomorrow morning its not going to happen. I'm packed and everything.
Kamie, I've got everything crossed for you that you get good news from your CO tomorrow.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Kamie, I've got everything crossed for you that you get good news from your CO tomorrow.
Thanks hun. I'm all over the place with what to do.

When are you making the big move?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kamie26
Thanks hun. I'm all over the place with what to do.

When are you making the big move?
Yeah I'd be exactly the same - you must be so frustrated! Surely he'll call you back tomorrow morning! Try and relax and keep thinking positive thoughts.

We've got to be in Oz by end of September this year to validate the visa so planning to fly out mid Sep. It'll be one-way and permanent if my house sells before then. Otherwise it'll be a holiday and then return to sit it out and wait for the house sale. It's so annoying having the visa and not being able to go cos of the house. I'm trying to be patient but it's not easy!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

azyure is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just wanted to touch base and say hi as I have been reading this forum obsessively over the last few days while I frantically get everything together to apply for my husbands Partner Visa.

Im sure over the next few days I'm going to have lots of questions but for now - hello and good luck!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by azyure
Hi all,

Just wanted to touch base and say hi as I have been reading this forum obsessively over the last few days while I frantically get everything together to apply for my husbands Partner Visa.

Im sure over the next few days I'm going to have lots of questions but for now - hello and good luck!
Hello and a very warm welcome to you!
Everyone on here is so helpful, I'm sure between us all we should be able to help with any questions you have.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

PurpleZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just about to leave my hotel to submit my PMV application in NZ. Can't decide if I'm nervous or excited! I've been quite quiet on here, but just want to say a big thank you to everyone, as reading this forum has been a total life saver!

And so the waiting begins.....
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by azyure
Hi all,

Welcome to the fold. If you have any questions, just post them on here and I'm sure someone will help you out. I know I got lots of info. and advice from here when putting my application together.

Good luck getting everything together.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PurpleZ
I'm just about to leave my hotel to submit my PMV application in NZ. Can't decide if I'm nervous or excited! I've been quite quiet on here, but just want to say a big thank you to everyone, as reading this forum has been a total life saver!

And so the waiting begins.....
Good luck and for you.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Welcome azyure and good luck purplez. This forum was a godsend to me, all the info is here with plenty of support from the members. It helped me loads with our application. Good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone (or does anyone know) if you can hand in your application by hand at the London office?
I will be in the capital on Monday & as it is now all complete I thought i might as well deliver it in person.....couldn't find anything on their website saying i could or couldn't.
Also, regarding payment...........do you pay in advance?? I ask because of the statement below shown on their website....

When the London office receives your application we check that you have paid by an acceptable method and that you have paid the current applicable charge. If there is a problem with either, an officer will contact you. We are unable to progress your application until payment issues are addressed. To prevent undue delay, an officer will contact you by telephone or email you wherever possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.