Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

I have my application done now "in draft format"
I was just reading & checking things through & spotted:-

"how you support each other financially, physically & emotionally."

Now, I think i've got financially & emotionally covered in our statements but???

How do we support each other physically???

Not sure I even understand what that means??

Anyone offer any pointers??
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:13 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponface

Now, I think i've got financially & emotionally covered in our statements but???

Prop each other up when you've had too many beers?

I don't think I took the question too literally when we did our statements but I take it to mean division of household duties and the who-does-what-ness of it all. I tended to stress about the statements when I was writing mine, but looking back on it now, I realise that it isn't an exam question where you have to cover everything. As long as you feel that when you read the statement it describes the story of your relationship and how you maintain it then you've done a good job

Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Location: Usually live in UK but on Tourist visa i Stay in Victoria, Australia
mitchelley is an unknown quantity at this point

my interpretation is physically. they how do u support each sexually i think. well thats how i understood it. i am in the same osition you are. Just waiting to receive uk police check
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

I'd agree with Sillyoldbag. I took it to mean household duties and how we share things out. Hubbie is the DIY man in the house and I do cleaning etc. Didn't write much on it just a few things we do to show a typical day/week in our house. Good luck with the application.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:19 am
Just Joined

footballjunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I have spent some time reading through the posts and have found all your information extremely helpful in beginning to prepare my visa application but I still have some queries and I am hoping you will be able to help me.

I live in the UK with my wife (who is Australian) we are planning on moving to Australia in December, providing I get my visa. What I am unsure of is can my wife be my sponsor? as we will both be moving to Australia at the same time and neither of us have jobs waiting for us.

Do I fill in the forms with her as my sponsor or should I look for a sponsor who is in Australia and working (my wife's parent or my sister, who is an Australian citizen)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get started on my application and feel stuck at one of the first hurdles.

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by footballjunky
Hi All

I have spent some time reading through the posts and have found all your information extremely helpful in beginning to prepare my visa application but I still have some queries and I am hoping you will be able to help me.

I live in the UK with my wife (who is Australian) we are planning on moving to Australia in December, providing I get my visa. What I am unsure of is can my wife be my sponsor? as we will both be moving to Australia at the same time and neither of us have jobs waiting for us.

Do I fill in the forms with her as my sponsor or should I look for a sponsor who is in Australia and working (my wife's parent or my sister, who is an Australian citizen)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get started on my application and feel stuck at one of the first hurdles.

Thanks
Your wife HAS to be your sponsor At the very worst they can ask for an Assurance of Support from someone in Aus, as financial backing because you can't claim benefits. However thats very usuaual for a couple from the UK, especially if you include a CV or something, showing you've been employed at home and thus are likely to get a job over here - same for your wife. JUst put i in as a supporting document - you can also mention in your statements that you are both investigating jobs over here in advance and don't forsee any problems.
They are used to couples moving together - Moneypenny20 has posted about it several times as she moved with her husband.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your wife HAS to be your sponsor At the very worst they can ask for an Assurance of Support from someone in Aus, as financial backing because you can't claim benefits. However thats very usuaual for a couple from the UK, especially if you include a CV or something, showing you've been employed at home and thus are likely to get a job over here - same for your wife. JUst put i in as a supporting document - you can also mention in your statements that you are both investigating jobs over here in advance and don't forsee any problems.
They are used to couples moving together - Moneypenny20 has posted about it several times as she moved with her husband.
Thanks Pollyanna

That makes sense, will check out Moneypenny20's post as well
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi All

Thanks
My husband is my sponsor and this is the norm for sponsor visas. He is Australian and we both currently live in the UK. We included in our application copies of his 6 last payslips and a letter from his employer to confirm how long he has been employed with them and his current salary. This then shows the visa people that he is currently employed and earning money so will be able to "sponsor" me financially, and mentioned he'd be looking for work as soon as we get to Australia in the same profession of teaching. Since last year I've been a fulltime mum since having our baby, but I gave details of my previous job and salary details. We also included lots of details of our savings accounts and financial details to show we'll be financially stable when we first get across. Hope this helps and good luck with the application.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ravvers
My husband is my sponsor and this is the norm for sponsor visas. He is Australian and we both currently live in the UK. We included in our application copies of his 6 last payslips and a letter from his employer to confirm how long he has been employed with them and his current salary. This then shows the visa people that he is currently employed and earning money so will be able to "sponsor" me financially, and mentioned he'd be looking for work as soon as we get to Australia in the same profession of teaching. Since last year I've been a fulltime mum since having our baby, but I gave details of my previous job and salary details. We also included lots of details of our savings accounts and financial details to show we'll be financially stable when we first get across. Hope this helps and good luck with the application.
I knew there was a fair few people around moving with their Spouses, thanks
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ravvers
Thanks Ravvers

We are both in full time work currently and have some savings so am feeling more confident about the application now, just need to get it all together.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I knew there was a fair few people around moving with their Spouses, thanks
My pleasure. I've recently submitted my application and I got loads of info. and advice from this thread, so it is nice to be able to give back and help others as I know how daunting the application form filling feels.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ravvers

We are both in full time work currently and have some savings so am feeling more confident about the application now, just need to get it all together.
No problem. If you have any other questions re: the application and evidence, just ask and I might be able to help as I only submitted mine last month.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Thanks Ravvers

Hi

We also included payslips and work history to demonstrate that neither of us have had long periods out of work. Also we added copies of our Degree certificates and evidence of any additional qualifications. We made statements about having been closely watching the job market in Oz and our confidence in our ability to secure work soon after arrival. Including information about your savings also helps to illustrate that you will be able to support yourself until you secure work. My partner's parents also commented in their Form 888s about their confidence in our ability to find jobs and stated that they were happy to have us live with them as long as we needed.

Good Luck with your application!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Julianne will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

I have been scrolling though this thread over the past few days and thought it was time to post. Firstly, this forum is incredible and it has given me so much information.

My partner and I will be applying for the de facto visa early May. I am Australian, he is South African (on a German passport) and we live in London. We have been together for almost 3 years, and will reach the 12 month living together mark just before we apply!

Stressful – I really think applying for this visa has stripped years off my life away! But, it will absolutely be worth it!

For the most part I think we have everything together. I keep telling myself that there is nothing to worry about, as we are a genuine couple. The only aspect of my application that I am worried about is getting declarations from our friends and family. None of my side of the family have ever even met my OH – they all keep in touch with us and my family send him birthday present and Christmas presents etc. Do you think the fact they have never physically met him will make the declarations void? We will obviously be including declarations from friends and family who we do spend time with….
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Julianne
Hi everyone,

I have been scrolling though this thread over the past few days and thought it was time to post. Firstly, this forum is incredible and it has given me so much information.

My partner and I will be applying for the de facto visa early May. I am Australian, he is South African (on a German passport) and we live in London. We have been together for almost 3 years, and will reach the 12 month living together mark just before we apply!

Stressful – I really think applying for this visa has stripped years off my life away! But, it will absolutely be worth it!

For the most part I think we have everything together. I keep telling myself that there is nothing to worry about, as we are a genuine couple. The only aspect of my application that I am worried about is getting declarations from our friends and family. None of my side of the family have ever even met my OH – they all keep in touch with us and my family send him birthday present and Christmas presents etc. Do you think the fact they have never physically met him will make the declarations void? We will obviously be including declarations from friends and family who we do spend time with….
Hi. I don't think it will be a problem if the reason they haven't met is that they are in Oz and the other side of the world.

If they put in declarations that they are in contact and how (i.e. email, skype, telephone etc.) and the reason why they haven't met is distance (if that is the case), then I'm sure visa department will understand.

I didn't meet my husbands parents until after going out with him for 2 years as I went to Oz on holiday with him so got to meet his family then.

Good luck with the application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.