Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old May 27th 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Julianne will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before (I'm sure it has) - I have been trawling forums for the past 30 minutes and can't find a definitive answer.

Do statements from friend/family who are NOT Australia citizens need to be witnessed and include certified ID?

Getting down to the nitty gritty and this is one of the last (or so I hope) questions that stands in my way!
Old May 27th 2011, 8:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julianne
I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before (I'm sure it has) - I have been trawling forums for the past 30 minutes and can't find a definitive answer.

Do statements from friend/family who are NOT Australia citizens need to be witnessed and include certified ID?

Getting down to the nitty gritty and this is one of the last (or so I hope) questions that stands in my way!
No they don't. Just basic letterheads will do. No certifying needed.
Old May 27th 2011, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No they don't. Just basic letterheads will do. No certifying needed.
Fantastic - thanks for your help!
I assume including their contact details will probably help too!

Almost there!!!
Old May 27th 2011, 9:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic - thanks for your help!
I assume including their contact details will probably help too!

Almost there!!!
I did all the family and friends 'stat decs'. I simply created each person's letterhead - address and phone number, wrote the letter 'to whom it may concern' and got them to sign it. Easiest way. I hated having to ask them to sit down and write some guff about us. Why would they remember our stuff? I did and they were happy to sign.
Old May 27th 2011, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

I did all the family and friends 'stat decs'. I simply created each person's letterhead - address and phone number, wrote the letter 'to whom it may concern' and got them to sign it. Easiest way. I hated having to ask them to sit down and write some guff about us. Why would they remember our stuff? I did and they were happy to sign.
Massive help - this really will make things alot easier.
It has been a struggle trying to scrape together all of these statements!
Old May 27th 2011, 10:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Massive help - this really will make things alot easier.
It has been a struggle trying to scrape together all of these statements!
Make the font different on each one
Old May 28th 2011, 1:06 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Make the font different on each one
Ha! I didn't quite go that far but I wrote an information sheet which I gave them with their forms and suggestions for things they could write! My brother actually wrote the most beautiful statement saying the loveliest things about me which I am keeping to use in evidence against him should I ever need to
Old May 28th 2011, 1:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Ha! I didn't quite go that far but I wrote an information sheet which I gave them with their forms and suggestions for things they could write! My brother actually wrote the most beautiful statement saying the loveliest things about me which I am keeping to use in evidence against him should I ever need to
Probably desperate to see the back of you.
Old May 28th 2011, 4:47 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Probably desperate to see the back of you.
oh that hurt but then the truth often does
Old May 28th 2011, 11:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
oh that hurt but then the truth often does
One of the Stat Decs I got written but didn't use in the end was from a friend at work - I got a few to keep inr eserve in case they wanted more evidence. Anyway she said could DIAC please give me a visa cos she was sick of me mooning round the office like a lovesick teenager and then vaulting over desks if anyone said my fiance was on the phone
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Priority Paul
Dear All,

Hot off the press timeline for all you hopefuls,

Handed my application in on the 21st of december, C/O allocated on the 6th of jan. Application wasn't front loaded so got that all in by 25th jan, confirmed all received by the 2nd feb.

Subclass 100 visa granted today (25/05/2011) almost exactly five months after the visa was lodged.

Apart from the email confirming that my C/O had received my application/medicals the first correspondence I received was my granted visa.

My advice to all those applying is, read all the application information carefully, take the time to put the application together properly and most of all try not to worry.

There's no point in worrying about all the potential little issues and if its handed in, its handed in. Nothing you can change and you C/O will soon let you know if more information is needed.

Relax and deal with the problems if and when they happen.

The impression I get with regards to communication is that no news is good news but if you havent heard anything after five months then get in touch.

Good luck to all you hopefuls, I sincerely hope you find your place in the sun.

Paul
Congratulations-I handed my application in 14th Jan so hoping for some news in the next 2 weeks eek!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 7:16 am
Just Joined

N30T0KY0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been following this thread for months now, and the finsish line is almost in site (application received 27th Jan).

It's great to see when people post the details of their Visa granted email, etc.

I look forward to seeing yours Voyager 3! I know mine wont be far behind!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by N30T0KY0
I've been following this thread for months now, and the finsish line is almost in site (application received 27th Jan).

It's great to see when people post the details of their Visa granted email, etc.

I look forward to seeing yours Voyager 3! I know mine wont be far behind!
Woo hoo!

We are about a week away for sending off the application. Just waiting for thoes last few declarations to trickle in from around the world.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

savageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to all

Woo hoo!

We are about a week away for sending off the application. Just waiting for thoes last few declarations to trickle in from around the world.
Yup and then you WAIT. And wait and wait and wait some more. You worry and wonder, "is everything ok with my application? Maybe I should try emailing the high commission to get an update", and everyone on here will tell you to just be patient, you're in the queue, blah blah blah.

I thought putting the application together and going over the checklist 500 times was bad, but the anticipation and the waiting AFTER you send it in is what kills!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

WAHOO!!!!!! JUST CHECKED MY EMAILS AND I HAVE BEEN GRANTED MY VISA!!!

Here is my timeline for those currently waiting or about to submit their application:

Submitted application front loaded: 10th January 2011
CO assigned and request for further information by Australia House: 14th January 2011
Visa granted 3rd June 2011

So just under 5 months!

(huge relief because I'd already booked flights and shipped stuff)

Good Luck to those currently waiting! It won't be too long!
I'm going to celebrate with a cocktail and Take That!

Last edited by Voyager 3; Jun 4th 2011 at 1:23 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.