Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Apr 6th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

hey guys i already have my pr visa,but since i got mine met a nice lady in my life and plan on taking her over with me,our plan is to get married this year to make things a little better to apply for the visa,i was wondering how long it takes to get the visa for your partner?
Mine is quickly running out well lets say i have had it for almost 3yrs now and do plan on making my move by august no later next year.
I just wondered how long it takes to get a visa for my partner and is it easy enough to do,i did mine with an agent but then that was not easy to do,but i am thinking getting her visa would be easy,has anyone done it through an agent and if so why did you pay an agent to help you.
I wondered what is the cost these days to get a partner visa and also the extra needed like medicals etc.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
hey guys i already have my pr visa,but since i got mine met a nice lady in my life and plan on taking her over with me,our plan is to get married this year to make things a little better to apply for the visa,i was wondering how long it takes to get the visa for your partner?
Mine is quickly running out well lets say i have had it for almost 3yrs now and do plan on making my move by august no later next year.
I just wondered how long it takes to get a visa for my partner and is it easy enough to do,i did mine with an agent but then that was not easy to do,but i am thinking getting her visa would be easy,has anyone done it through an agent and if so why did you pay an agent to help you.
I wondered what is the cost these days to get a partner visa and also the extra needed like medicals etc.
Spouse visas in the UK seem to be taking around 5-6 months at present.

Have a read of the links in this thread as that will give you plenty of info on how to do it without an agent.

Current fee for the visa are here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf

Fees for medicals depend on who you use, the list is here - http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

RainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant future

Hi all,

After sending a stroppy email to DIAC on Monday (see previous post), I got a reply on Tuesday saying that my visa was granted on 1 April, and a letter had been sent out the same day. My grant letter was in my mailbox when I got home last night.

Good luck to all those still waiting, and those putting applications together. I'll keep checking this thread for anything I can help with.

Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:23 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RainDog
Hi all,

After sending a stroppy email to DIAC on Monday (see previous post), I got a reply on Tuesday saying that my visa was granted on 1 April, and a letter had been sent out the same day. My grant letter was in my mailbox when I got home last night.

Good luck to all those still waiting, and those putting applications together. I'll keep checking this thread for anything I can help with.

Congratulations!!!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

That's great news. Congrats
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:01 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Excellent! Congratulations!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Hi all,

Congratulations on your good news.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 5:36 am
Just Joined

PurpleZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I submitted my PMV application in Auckland last week (and they've just told me that processing there is currently 6-12 months!! Boo!!)

Anyway, I just have a couple of quick questions re the medical, as I have not done this yet...

1. Which forms should I be using, as the PMV is a temporary visa should I be reading sheet 1163i, or as ultimately I will then be applying next year for the Spouse Temp/Perm visa, should I be reading sheet 1071i??
Either way, would it be Forms 26 and 160 that I will need to complete?

2. I'm getting married in the midddle of Feb 2012, and plan to submit the next application pretty much straight away after that. I know the medicals are valid for only a year, so I'm trying to hold off doing it so that I only need to do it once. Say for example I do the the Medical in June/July, it will still be valid when I apply in February, but what if processing is still taking so long - would I need to redo it before the Visa is granted if they're still taking a long time?

Sorry for the rambling - I hope that this makes sense. I'm currently trying to organise my wedding in the UK from Australia - so need to be organised!

Thanks for your help - this forum is great!
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Location: Usually live in UK but on Tourist visa i Stay in Victoria, Australia
mitchelley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!! havent written here for a while. just found out that i am going to be a bridesmaid in oz in january for my boyfriends sister. i am in uk so is it ok to apply for tourist visa for a couple of weeks if havent got de-facto visa decision through??? x
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:51 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mitchelley
Hi everyone!! havent written here for a while. just found out that i am going to be a bridesmaid in oz in january for my boyfriends sister. i am in uk so is it ok to apply for tourist visa for a couple of weeks if havent got de-facto visa decision through??? x
Yep, just let your case officer know what you are doing, and the dates you will be in Australia
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:54 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by PurpleZ
Hi All,

I submitted my PMV application in Auckland last week (and they've just told me that processing there is currently 6-12 months!! Boo!!)

Anyway, I just have a couple of quick questions re the medical, as I have not done this yet...

1. Which forms should I be using, as the PMV is a temporary visa should I be reading sheet 1163i, or as ultimately I will then be applying next year for the Spouse Temp/Perm visa, should I be reading sheet 1071i??
Either way, would it be Forms 26 and 160 that I will need to complete?

2. I'm getting married in the midddle of Feb 2012, and plan to submit the next application pretty much straight away after that. I know the medicals are valid for only a year, so I'm trying to hold off doing it so that I only need to do it once. Say for example I do the the Medical in June/July, it will still be valid when I apply in February, but what if processing is still taking so long - would I need to redo it before the Visa is granted if they're still taking a long time?

Sorry for the rambling - I hope that this makes sense. I'm currently trying to organise my wedding in the UK from Australia - so need to be organised!

Thanks for your help - this forum is great!
Generally, if there is no issue with the medical and its all clear, they won't ask you to do a second one for the temp Spouse visa. And yes it is 26 and 160 - because the Pros Spouse eventually leads to PR the medical is treated just like a medical for a PR visa, even though the visa you are granted at first is temporary
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Great news! Now you can relax and celebrate
Old Apr 7th 2011, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

PurpleZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Generally, if there is no issue with the medical and its all clear, they won't ask you to do a second one for the temp Spouse visa. And yes it is 26 and 160 - because the Pros Spouse eventually leads to PR the medical is treated just like a medical for a PR visa, even though the visa you are granted at first is temporary
Thank You!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats it.........they now have my application & have taken the money so its just the waiting game now.....already been apart from my partner for 11 days & its not easy but i suppose there have been many of you out there who have had to do the same.......................now just need to work out how to add that "front loaded de-facto visa lodged etc etc etc" at the bottom of my posts.......any pointers
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

RainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ponface
Thats it.........they now have my application & have taken the money so its just the waiting game now.....already been apart from my partner for 11 days & its not easy but i suppose there have been many of you out there who have had to do the same.......................now just need to work out how to add that "front loaded de-facto visa lodged etc etc etc" at the bottom of my posts.......any pointers
At the top left of this page, click 'My Profile', then click 'Edit Signature' - it's on the left hand side under 'Settings & Options'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.