Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by panacea1977
My time line is:

4th March - submitted London (got email conf 9 days later)
23rd March - Meds done (had email from case officer confirming receipt a week later)

Question:

I need to be in Australia in October as my partners sister is getting married. I'm hoping that given the 5-6 wait this will just about be possible. If it has not ben approved by then does anyone have a view on whether they think I can travel on a tourist visa and await approval?

Thanks
You can travel on a tourist visa but the purpose of that travel must be a "holiday", NOT "moving to Australia". You just need to be aware if the tourist visa expires before the Spouse visa is ready for grant, you must leave Aus and not stay without a visa, also you need to tell your CO so they can advise you when they are ready to grant the visa, then you have to go offshore for the grant.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the normal procedure??

I was assigned my case officer a couple of days ago & you may or may not remember they sent me an e-mail saying i needed to get a medical done for my non migrating dependant......anyway, this morning a receive mail from them & on opening i find a huge section of what i call "relationship evidence" has been sent back.....yes, there are some pictures that could be classed as superfluous to requirements but there also copies of plane tickets, & several holiday booking confirmations & receipts that, for me formed a huge part of my evidence.......has anyone else received back evidence that they submitted???
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Hi ponface,

Yeah, I sent my stuff off with a return envelope (I read somewhere that you were supposed to), and got all my stuff back within a few days. They scan or copy it, so they don't need the originals once everything is in the system. Don't worry about it - sounds like you have enough to worry about with the non-migrating dependent (hope that works out ok).
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

panacea1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can travel on a tourist visa but the purpose of that travel must be a "holiday", NOT "moving to Australia". You just need to be aware if the tourist visa expires before the Spouse visa is ready for grant, you must leave Aus and not stay without a visa, also you need to tell your CO so they can advise you when they are ready to grant the visa, then you have to go offshore for the grant.
Emailed my case officer and he has responded saying "it will be approved sometime in July". So that wold be a 4-5 month timeline.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

swissoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I just logged on with british expats as im currently working on my partner visa 820. my boyfriend (australian) and I (swiss) have been a couple for about 2.5 years but have never been able to live together until a few moths ago when we moved to australia. where i live now on a tourist visa at the moment.

anyway, im sure i will come up with lots more questions in the next 2 months, during my preparation. we want to hand in the application mid june. a few for now.

which documents have to be certified. we can show lots of evidence through emails (some on facebook), downloaded flightitinerary, etc. which dont really have an original? so i cant really get a certified copy?

then i have bankstatements, which show flightsbookings, grocery bills etc. those in my eyes give evidence and cover partly the financial aspect (my boyfriend booked both our flights) but also the nature of our commitment (we booked a few months before we actually left, while we had to live apart. so i think it showes that even though we couldnt live together, we shared commitment and planned our future together or so..
so where would ou put the paper that proofes this? or would you copy it twice and have it in both chapters? or just once...

im really struggling with the structure as well. any hints for that?

well thats it so far.

thanks!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by swissoz
Hello

I just logged on with british expats as im currently working on my partner visa 820. my boyfriend (australian) and I (swiss) have been a couple for about 2.5 years but have never been able to live together until a few moths ago when we moved to australia. where i live now on a tourist visa at the moment.

anyway, im sure i will come up with lots more questions in the next 2 months, during my preparation. we want to hand in the application mid june. a few for now.

which documents have to be certified. we can show lots of evidence through emails (some on facebook), downloaded flightitinerary, etc. which dont really have an original? so i cant really get a certified copy?

then i have bankstatements, which show flightsbookings, grocery bills etc. those in my eyes give evidence and cover partly the financial aspect (my boyfriend booked both our flights) but also the nature of our commitment (we booked a few months before we actually left, while we had to live apart. so i think it showes that even though we couldnt live together, we shared commitment and planned our future together or so..
so where would ou put the paper that proofes this? or would you copy it twice and have it in both chapters? or just once...

im really struggling with the structure as well. any hints for that?

well thats it so far.

thanks!
TBH, I think that you may have a tough time with this visa. I assume that you are applying for a partner visa under the defacto rules and if my assumption is correct then you have to have lived with your partner for 12 months before applying. You have stated that you only arrived in Australia a couple of months ago, so you are quite some months away from the required living together timescale. Also, on a tourist visa, you are only meant to be visiting, not living together so I don't know if they would even take the time that you have been here into account (I suspect that they might but I am not sure)

You may also have to have to answer some very difficult questions from the DIAC, to why you lied on your tourist visa application to gain entry into the country. From what you have said in your post, it seems clear that your intention from the start was to come here, live with your partner and then submit your visa application. None of this is allowed as your intentions on the visa that you have entered on. If I have misinterpreted this I am sorry.

You would also have issues with the documentation as you normally need to show things like tenancy agreements, mortgage statements, joint or sole bank accounts that show a little more than you perhaps have, also joint bills or bills in sole names going to the same addresses to show joint financial commitments and the fact that you are living together. You guys will not able to provide any of this as you cannot put your name down on anything official as a tourist. You have documentation that you have stated that in your eyes proves that you are a couple, unfortunately it is the DIAC that you have to convince and in my honest opinion you are going to need a hell of a lot more than some emails, facebook messages, grocery bills and flight bookings.

As with everything, there are exceptions to the rules, but unless you have a reason that would be accepted by the DIAC why you have been unable to live together, you may have to look at something like a prospective marriage visa instead (thats obviously if you do plan to get married).

It may be wise in your case to speak to a registered migration agent (some of whom give you a free 15 minute initial consultation) to see if you would be eligible for the visa, rather that waste your money and be possibly banned from Australia for three years for not being honest on your tourist visa application (that is really worst case though)

All that being said, I really do wish you the best of luck with your application. I know all to well how poo it is wanting to be somewhere with your partner and having to jump through a million hoops to get there.

Last edited by Kamie26; Apr 19th 2011 at 2:36 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

dipenpatel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

if I realize I have sent 888 forms without filling in Applicant's Name, what I can do?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't suppose anyone has ever arranged for a medical for a non migrating dependant?? I have been sent form 26 to complete but tbh it doesn't seem suitable.......questions such as "intended occupation" "how long do you intend staying in Australia" "what is the visa subclass number" "have you lodged a visa application" etc etc,
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

I may have asked this question already but how long does it take to be granted this visa,i already have mine and would be looking to get one for my other half once we get married,next year hope to be on our way,does it depend on when its submited etc,i am hoping its not gonna take to long.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

navdeepkaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by mitchelley
some of the best news have heard in a while haha. thank you so much x
HI THIS IS NAVDEEP . I M GIRL I SENT MY DOCUMENTS TO DIAC REGARDING SECOND STAGE PARTNER PROCESSING AND MY DATE IS DUE ON 29 APRIL 2011.DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW LONG THEY WILL TAKE TO GRANT PERMANENT RESIDENCY
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:20 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by navdeepkaur
HI THIS IS NAVDEEP . I M GIRL I SENT MY DOCUMENTS TO DIAC REGARDING SECOND STAGE PARTNER PROCESSING AND MY DATE IS DUE ON 29 APRIL 2011.DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW LONG THEY WILL TAKE TO GRANT PERMANENT RESIDENCY
No-one can say for certain how long an individual case will take and I believe there are variations too depending on which office of DIAC is handling the case. Mine was handled by Melbourne in Nov/Dec last year and I was granted mine about 10 days or so after the due date.

Good luck with it all, you'll feel great when the letter finally does come!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mughal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
No-one can say for certain how long an individual case will take and I believe there are variations too depending on which office of DIAC is handling the case. Mine was handled by Melbourne in Nov/Dec last year and I was granted mine about 10 days or so after the due date.

Good luck with it all, you'll feel great when the letter finally does come!
What does it mean by DUE DATE?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

they requested me to send two stat decs form 80, AFP , photocopies of our passport.our case has gone to brisbane and our due to date was 29 april 2011.hope i ll get it soon.i send it on 20th march and they said u have only 28 days for sending process
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

savageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brian.w
I may have asked this question already but how long does it take to be granted this visa,i already have mine and would be looking to get one for my other half once we get married,next year hope to be on our way,does it depend on when its submited etc,i am hoping its not gonna take to long.
From the time of application, assuming you provide everything in good order, you should receive the visa 6-9 months later. I would recommend frontloading your application by including Medical Check and criminal background check up front to ensure speedy processing time.
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mughal
What does it mean by DUE DATE?
due date is the date when u first apply for temporary visa. i applied in 29 april 2009 so my due date is 29 april 2011 after two years of first applied

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.