Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

Wikiposts

Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:34 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Andy, I feel for you, even when we were on the CSL, I thought it was unfair for DIAC to change the way things are handled for those already pending. You apply when one set of rules is applicable and then they change the rules which is out of your control yet you have still paid your money and are at their mercy. There are going to be a lot of upset people I think and it may even change their desire to move to Oz.

that's why I think this is all a knee herk reaction. They don't seem to have thought this through. The lead in time for people to actually up sticks and move over must be 1 to 2 years. What's going to happen in 1 to 2 years time when they are predicting the economy will be back up to normal. They will still be short of these occupations and not have any skilled migrants because of the length of time it takes to process the application. Why waste £1,000 when you may never get a visa?

Time will tell so we'll wait and see what happens. Hope you get your visa soon! Best of luck
I believe this maybe the case, but the Australian Government are going to do what's best for them (in their judgement) over upsetting possible migrants. I think there are practical and probably political reasons for what has happened in the last few months. I think the problem for some people is that the desire to move will always be there and there will be the next set of people who want to move - so people being put off will not cause a problem. For the GSM, age and occupation will always be the discriminating factors. The problem on 'controlling' intake, is that it's quite hard to be finite as it's a continual flow.

I have very little experience, so take my view with a pinch of salt.

Cooler
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

What I would like to understand is why the processing times were so poor all of last year. We applied in Feb 2008 on 475 visa, which had projected timescale of 7 months (75% target), but still nothing at end of 2008. We were being provided with processing updates by our Consultants and DIAC were moving forward by 1 day (of applications) a month.

Whilst I also understand Australia must do what is best for it, how much of the recent changes are about trying to deal with a backlog of applications that they seemed unable to deal with.

I would also be interested in our right to claim back our payment if we end up with a further 2+ year wait which is what our agent is suggesting
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:06 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
this post if for BCWORD...

man...please go through below link..I hope it will clear ur ideas about IT....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...t/1459832.aspx

Enjoy and now don't crib..why IT was not taken off from the CSL..
I think most of us actually here in Oz are surprised that IT jobs are still on the CSL. Like most of the first world, Australia is shedding IT jobs and transferring them to India where cheap, and usually pretty hopeless, "IT professionals" take them. Have a look at what ANZ are doing at the moment and see if you still think Australia is still awash with highly paid IT positions, just waiting for the right candidate to come strolling into the office.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:13 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think most of us actually here in Oz are surprised that IT jobs are still on the CSL. Like most of the first world, Australia is shedding IT jobs and transferring them to India where cheap, and usually pretty hopeless, "IT professionals" take them. Have a look at what ANZ are doing at the moment and see if you still think Australia is still awash with highly paid IT positions, just waiting for the right candidate to come strolling into the office.
You shouldn't have said that! Now he is gonna have a go at you! The man is on a mission to put an end to all the 'cribbing' because apparantely he has more reliable sources and uptodate info on exactly whats happening on the other end of the globe

Last edited by fifty_pence; Mar 16th 2009 at 8:16 am.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

I agree with what you are saying.

If they rasied the IELTS score for IT based jobs to 7 or 8 they might fill these IT jobs with the correct candidates..... and then just add TAXI DRIVER to CSL instead.

Thats a Joke by the way.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:27 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
You shouldn't have said that! Now he is gonna have a go at you! The man is on a mission to put an end to all the 'cribbing' because apparantely he has more reliable sources and uptodate info on exactly whats happening on the other end of the globe
Originally Posted by man_called_Horse

If they rasied the IELTS score for IT based jobs to 7 or 8 they might fill these IT jobs with the correct candidates..... and then just add TAXI DRIVER to CSL instead.

Thats a Joke by the way.
I wonder how many overseas applicants for IT jobs are think of moving to Jeopardy because they keep reading that there are hundreds of IT jobs there?.

I know its lame, but I have heard worse.... but not by much.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
this post if for BCWORD...

man...please go through below link..I hope it will clear ur ideas about IT....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...t/1459832.aspx

Enjoy and now don't crib..why IT was not taken off from the CSL..
You do make me laugh Aman!

Stronger job market forecast - That's the message from market outlooks issued by IT recruitment agencies Peoplebank and Link Recruitment last week.

What next......estate agents talking up the property market!?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=Canberra
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:59 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse

Thats a Joke by the way.
Or add city map reading to the IELTS.....
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I just got this mail from ASPC. No mention of the caps, etc. However, clearly says CSL application will be processed and process has commenced already.

Good luck

cfmx

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Dear Mr XXXXXXX<

Thank you for advising that your nominated occupation is on the Critical
Skills List. We can confirm that this information has been noted on your
file.

The allocation of applications on the Critical Skills List has
commenced. Each application will be checked to identify if it meets the
priority processing criteria as announced by the Minister of Immigration
on the 17 December 2008. The process to identify applications that meet
the priority processing criteria is ongoing.

If your application is identified as meeting the priority processing
criteria, your application will be referred to the relevant processing
area for allocation to a case officer. Applications will be processed in
date of lodgement order.

We appreciate your patience as this process is conducted.

The current CSL is available on the department's website at:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../pdf/critical-
skills-list.pdf

To check current allocation dates, please send a blank email to: aspc.
[email protected] (Adelaide processed cases) or gsmb.information@immi.
gov.au (Brisbane processed cases). To determine where your application
will be processed, please access the following website address: http:
//www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/processing-centres/adelaide-skilled.
htm

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please
refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.
au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,

General Skilled Migration - Adelaide
Department of Immigration and Citizenship

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:16 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

But where are the hope for the applicants who are kicked out???:curse::curse:

Last edited by guuuude; Mar 16th 2009 at 5:44 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

mscrashed is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand why some people are suggesting for a raise in IELTS score for IT applicants. whats their gain in it. i guess they are aware of the fact that their ( group they are pointing 2) qualifications and experience is threat to them and they are so pissed-off being slashed from CSL. Such comments and recommendations shows their frustration and proves that they are only good at speaking English. so guys please grow up and put up some real challenge. i saw many applicants from English speaking country fighting for IELTS 7 in each band. so don't make it any harder for them.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guuuude
But where are the hope for the applicants who are kicked out???:curse::curse:
What applicants have been kicked out?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:14 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mscrashed
I don't understand why some people are suggesting for a raise in IELTS score for IT applicants. whats their gain in it. i guess they are aware of the fact that their ( group they are pointing 2) qualifications and experience is threat to them and they are so pissed-off being slashed from CSL. Such comments and recommendations shows their frustration and proves that they are only good at speaking English. so guys please grow up and put up some real challenge. i saw many applicants from English speaking country fighting for IELTS 7 in each band. so don't make it any harder for them.
I agree with you Rashed....I don't think all this talk of IELTS scores or taxi drivers is helpul. As you point out, there are plenty of UK based posters on here who would struggle to score 7!

FWIW....my experiences of dealing with Indian software developers have been almost entirely positive....whether or not the were in Bangalore or sitting on the other side of the partition in Brisbane. Dealing with Bangalore wasn't always easy - but the reason was because they stuck to the methodologies & did things by the book and wouldn't let us get away with cutting corners - fair play to them for that - they can't do their job otherwise.

If anyone isn't up to the job when they get here, then they won't pass their probationary period and will have to find another one, simple as that.

Last edited by bcworld; Mar 16th 2009 at 6:17 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

These hopeless "IT professionals" has made almost all Americans jobless ..

Same thing in Uk ..
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:34 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What applicants have been kicked out?
Ok then "removed" from the CSL,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.