Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Peter800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

I agreed with Slippery. I known quite some IT ppl cannot get a job even have residency status. One of them can't get any job since August last year.
I will not suprise if any of them became a taxi driver too...
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:08 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slippery30
Well i agree with you, websites etc are not a very reliable source of information on whats happening on the ground in the recruitment market.

Getting a visa and having skill assessment for visa and finding a suitable job are different matters altogeather. I would dare to say its much more difficult for ppl coming from third world countries, their experience is not recognised in the first world. I hear stories of engineers and so called highly skilled persons driving taxis.

One very good way to find out ur real market is to send out ur cv to big employers and ask them to sponsor you for 457. You will get your response either way pretty soon.
U making me laugh...US is crying coz THIRD world countries has eaten up their jobs ( I am not talking about Offshoring..but H1B)...UK is in pain..coz local cannot get job..third world resiudents are coming and taking their jobs....

I don't want to comment more on this..If you have guts/knowledge you will get job anywhere in a short period of time...

looks like time for you to increase your skills..

Ok..I am gonna stop here...let's not ruin this thread..if you interested..I can give u more facts...let's start a new thread..
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:12 am
Just Joined

RobiK is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

Originally Posted by bcworld
No you didn't.

Jeez I know it's not what you want to hear but do you ever read any threads outside the immigration forum.....you'll find plenty of ICT people struggling to find work. If you know they're all lying then fine...but don't get so uptight about it.

I'm not going to argue with you about it here because this is an important thread for a lot of people and it doesn't need this.
Totally agree with BCWORLD. seek.com.au is filled with recruiters trying gather resumes. It has no relation to the current job market. I sent my resume as a reply to one of these posts Dec/08....Got an email from the recruiter back, basically stating that it was really quiet as far as my profession (geotechnical engineer) was concerned...And that was before the tsunami hit. Presume it is probably even worse now. And websites such as visabureau.com have a vested interest in providing a positive (sometimes false) picture...so skilled people would continue to apply.. that is their business. There are other sites that quote from visabureau as well. IMHO, Australia will continue to struggle for a while. Australia is mainly an exporter of commodities and grain. And prices of both have crashed, and probably won't go up in a while. A significant of the population is old and you need young people to spend in the clothing stores, restaurants, and bars...
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:32 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

after this IT battle mess i want to repeat myquestion

Originally Posted by guuuude
Hey,

im confussed, they mean now all the "tradesman" or its limited to;

bricklayers, plumbers, welders, carpenters and metal fitters??

And my sec. question is what means "carpenter" its incl. all woodworker or is "cabinetmaker" not incl.

thx
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Nette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reduction in migrant numbers and temporary residents??

I'm on a subclass visa 495. Apparently I need to apply for an 887 visa to gain PR.

I'm thinking they surely can't kick me out after meeting all the requirements of the 495 visa, can they?!
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

The latest on today's developments is that there is a new CSL which the Department is applying and has just put on their website.

The only trade occupations remaining on the CSL are aircraft maintenance engineers - avionics and mechanical, gasfitters, wall and floor tilers and electronic equipment tradespersons. A highly unusual combination of occupations.

Cheers,

George Lombard
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

here is the new CSL list

Note the date at the footer of the page (March 2009)
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Skilled Migrant - Capping to be introduced next program year

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
U making me laugh...US is crying coz THIRD world countries has eaten up their jobs ( I am not talking about Offshoring..but H1B)...UK is in pain..coz local cannot get job..third world resiudents are coming and taking their jobs....

I don't want to comment more on this..If you have guts/knowledge you will get job anywhere in a short period of time...

looks like time for you to increase your skills..

Ok..I am gonna stop here...let's not ruin this thread..if you interested..I can give u more facts...let's start a new thread..
Hi,
Time for everyone to increase his/her skills. And it's great to be immigration minister in Australia in these difficult times. Chris Evans seems to be enjoying his time. First he announces for about record 200K visas and then cuts down to about 100K and make people fight over whether IT guys will meet same fate as that of bricklayers or not.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:40 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Originally Posted by mavios
here is the new CSL list

Note the date at the footer of the page (March 2009)
Thank you, but there is a big difference to Lombards post!! i cant understand why the take tradesman from the list ,-(

Last edited by guuuude; Mar 16th 2009 at 6:47 am.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, but there is a big difference to Lombards post!! i cant understand why the take tradesman from the list ,-(
I just thought it will be updated so followed the original link and... here it is.

I have previously posted a MODL - non CSL excel sheet, just when I go back home I will revise it acordingly, since it has a small sub-routine to do it automaticaly
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Checkout this page...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...ration-intake/
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:30 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

So can anyone clarify this for me. Im currently here in OZ on a 457 visa, applied for 175 visa last June, i now have a case officer and i would say im pretty much at the end of the process as they requested police checks last week. They already have medicals and all the rest of it. Does this now mean no visa for me??? Surely they cant just now say no we dont need you????? Im sure there are plenty more out there in a similar situation to me? Oh yes and im an electrician which has gone from the csl.

Last edited by stu:0; Mar 16th 2009 at 7:32 am.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi all

have seen that mostly all trades have now been removed from csl .
what does this entail will we still be getting visa / not at all / have seen people stating that it will just take longer , how much longer than say the normal time . also who is to say that they will just start refusing visas for tradies to keep the numbers down . also when does this all kick in and also i see that they have reduced the number of visa to be handed out , when does the year run from jan to jan ?

thanks in advance had booked our medicals for april , may now change that until we get a c / o some time in the future
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
when does the year run from jan to jan ?

thanks in advance had booked our medicals for april , may now change that until we get a c / o some time in the future
The year runs 01 Jul - 30 Jun same as the tax year so depending on how many have been granted already there could be significant slow down in granting before July.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reduction in migrant numbers and temporary residents??

Originally Posted by Nette
I'm on a subclass visa 495. Apparently I need to apply for an 887 visa to gain PR.

I'm thinking they surely can't kick me out after meeting all the requirements of the 495 visa, can they?!
SIR is a temporary visa and if they change the criteria for PR and you don't meet the new criteria then yes, you could be kicked out. Until you have citizenship (and even then in some circumstances) you can be kicked out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.