Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Should I apply online or by post for my student visa?

Should I apply online or by post for my student visa?

Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default Should I apply online or by post for my student visa?

Hi,

Im almost ready to apply for my student visa, just awaiting my childrens passports from thepassport ofice, should be any day now!
Should I apply online or by post? which is easiest and quicker? And how do I attach the photos if I do apply online?

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Should I apply online or by post for my student visa?

Originally Posted by werty1
Hi,

Im almost ready to apply for my student visa, just awaiting my childrens passports from thepassport ofice, should be any day now!
Should I apply online or by post? which is easiest and quicker? And how do I attach the photos if I do apply online?

Thanks
It's entirely up to you how you apply - wouldn't dream of saying one is better than the other as it's a personal choice.

Re attaching docs if you do it online, You will have to scan in original colour docs or certified black and white docs and attach them to your application. You will not be able to do this until after you have filled out the main form and paid and got issued your TRN number.

If you do decide to do an online application then DO NOT forget to print it off before you exit as you CANNOT get a copy later on.

Good luck whichever you decide.

Trish
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, just wanted to check, if you scan in the colour documents, do you not need to have them certified?
Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Sorry, just wanted to check, if you scan in the colour documents, do you not need to have them certified?
Thanks

That's right, If they are in colour no need to have them certified. If they are in black and white you will need to get them certified.

Trish
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful!!!!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrum
That's right, If they are in colour no need to have them certified. If they are in black and white you will need to get them certified.

Trish
OK, I'm being thick here and I'll do whatever the DIAC ask, but could somebody tell me why B&W have to be certified and not colour????
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OK, I'm being thick here and I'll do whatever the DIAC ask, but could somebody tell me why B&W have to be certified and not colour????
Do you recall those fateful words

"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do and .........."

Haven't a clue Fly Away, just another one of those things.

Trish
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Do you recall those fateful words

"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do and .........."

Haven't a clue Fly Away, just another one of those things.

Trish
Thanks Trish! It's not just me who can't understand this requirement then! My Oh said that it could be because B&W are obviously photocopies and colour are 'from life'. Not sure this is true as some documents are in B&W???

I'll just do as they say and try to stop asking stupid questions. LOL.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Trish! It's not just me who can't understand this requirement then! My Oh said that it could be because B&W are obviously photocopies and colour are 'from life'. Not sure this is true as some documents are in B&W???

I'll just do as they say and try to stop asking stupid questions. LOL.
No such thing as a stupid question Fly Away so ask all you like.

Your hubby could have a point re his theory but I honestly don't know - I'd be a liar if I said I did.

Just had a thought - maybe a man designed the sytem ROTFLMAO

Trish

Last edited by scrum; Oct 25th 2007 at 10:07 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No such thing as a stupit question Fly Away so ask all you like.

Your hubby could have a point re his theory but I honestly don't know - I'd be a liar if I said I did.

Just had a thought - maybe a man designed the sytem ROTFLMAO

Trish
Very true! That must be the answer. PMSL!