British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Should I apply online or by post for my student visa? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/should-i-apply-online-post-my-student-visa-489429/)

werty1 Oct 25th 2007 8:01 am

Should I apply online or by post for my student visa?

Hi,

Im almost ready to apply for my student visa, just awaiting my childrens passports from thepassport ofice, should be any day now!
Should I apply online or by post? which is easiest and quicker? And how do I attach the photos if I do apply online?

scrum Oct 25th 2007 8:28 am

Re: Should I apply online or by post for my student visa?

Originally Posted by werty1 (Post 5465266)
Hi,

Im almost ready to apply for my student visa, just awaiting my childrens passports from thepassport ofice, should be any day now!
Should I apply online or by post? which is easiest and quicker? And how do I attach the photos if I do apply online?

It's entirely up to you how you apply - wouldn't dream of saying one is better than the other as it's a personal choice.

Re attaching docs if you do it online, You will have to scan in original colour docs or certified black and white docs and attach them to your application. You will not be able to do this until after you have filled out the main form and paid and got issued your TRN number.

If you do decide to do an online application then DO NOT forget to print it off before you exit as you CANNOT get a copy later on.

Good luck whichever you decide.

Trish

pumpkin blossom Oct 25th 2007 5:55 pm

Sorry, just wanted to check, if you scan in the colour documents, do you not need to have them certified?
Thanks

scrum Oct 25th 2007 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom (Post 5467670)
Sorry, just wanted to check, if you scan in the colour documents, do you not need to have them certified?
Thanks

That's right, If they are in colour no need to have them certified. If they are in black and white you will need to get them certified.

Trish

pumpkin blossom Oct 25th 2007 9:07 pm

Wonderful!!!! :thumbsup:

Fly Away Oct 25th 2007 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by scrum (Post 5468086)
That's right, If they are in colour no need to have them certified. If they are in black and white you will need to get them certified.

Trish

OK, I'm being thick here and I'll do whatever the DIAC ask, but could somebody tell me why B&W have to be certified and not colour????:confused:

scrum Oct 25th 2007 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away (Post 5468454)
OK, I'm being thick here and I'll do whatever the DIAC ask, but could somebody tell me why B&W have to be certified and not colour????:confused:

Do you recall those fateful words

"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do and .........."

Haven't a clue Fly Away, just another one of those things.

Trish

Fly Away Oct 25th 2007 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by scrum (Post 5468472)
Do you recall those fateful words

"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do and .........."

Haven't a clue Fly Away, just another one of those things.

Trish

Thanks Trish! It's not just me who can't understand this requirement then! My Oh said that it could be because B&W are obviously photocopies and colour are 'from life'. Not sure this is true as some documents are in B&W???

I'll just do as they say and try to stop asking stupid questions. LOL.

scrum Oct 25th 2007 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away (Post 5468586)
Thanks Trish! It's not just me who can't understand this requirement then! My Oh said that it could be because B&W are obviously photocopies and colour are 'from life'. Not sure this is true as some documents are in B&W???

I'll just do as they say and try to stop asking stupid questions. LOL.

No such thing as a stupid question Fly Away so ask all you like.

Your hubby could have a point re his theory but I honestly don't know - I'd be a liar if I said I did.

Just had a thought - maybe a man designed the sytem ROTFLMAO :):)

Trish

Fly Away Oct 25th 2007 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by scrum (Post 5468620)
No such thing as a stupit question Fly Away so ask all you like.

Your hubby could have a point re his theory but I honestly don't know - I'd be a liar if I said I did.

Just had a thought - maybe a man designed the sytem ROTFLMAO :):)

Trish

Very true! That must be the answer. PMSL!