September 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Just a couple of days before us then! Have you managed to download the EH forms or are you taking normal ones to your medicals? I have tried phoning Oz to ask but the phone lines cut you off when you choose to speak to an operator!!!!

I suppose you are thinking like us that it is better to get in the queue at LCU sooner rather than later? It seems to be taking 2 months to process meds at the moment which takes us up to end of November. I know once meds are done and finalised issuing a visa shouldn't take that long. Are you using an agent? Have they recommended that you do your meds?

Carla X
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:10 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carla,

We thought that it would be best to book meds now, as we have to do them in sections anyway......then we have to wait for the bloods to come back......so the earliest they could leave the UK would be around 4th Oct......so should arrive in LCU a few days after that, and we hope to have a CO before then anyway.

Beth x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi Beth

I am assuming you mean the HIV and Hep B&C tests? Will they take that long? Naively I was thinking they would be done within a few days - but if they take that long then you are looking at beginning of December before they might be processed - who knows the waiting might be longer by then! :curse:

I think I will keep my appointment for the 24th then - just get them done, nothing holding us up then except the queues that is!!!!!

I am sooooo impatient though, I want it all to be decided and done and dusted like yesterday!!!!

Sorry to ask again but are you taking normal forms or have you managed to download the EH forms because I still can't yet and I don't know whether to take normal ones or not and just write our TRN on them.

Carla X
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:33 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carla, my hubby and I have our meds tomorrow......so will have the bloods taken then. The lady I spoke to said the bloods take up to 14 days to come back.
We have our x-rays this Friday, but one of our daughters will be 11 in December, so we have decided to pay for an x-ray for her too, in case we have a long wait for LCU to look at our meds. Couldn't cope with the hassle of having to do another x-ray further down the line!!!
The 4 girls have their meds next wednesday......so we worked out our bloods should be ready by the 3rd Oct......so everything can be sent as soon as the bloods come back.
I have the EH forms for my hubby but the A forms for me and the girls. Will be writing our TRN number and hubby's passport number on all of them.
May even have a file no and case officer before the meds are sent, so we could ring the med centre and ask them to write that number on the med reports before they go to LCU. That's the plan so far!!!
Beth x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:45 am
Make it happen!!!!

Just worked out my medical fees!!!!! 4 x-rays at £80.50 each = £322.
Examinations, bloods and courier = £877. Total cost £1,199.00 Family of 6 though.....but WHOA!!!!!
Beth x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:47 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Reading all this has created some doubts in my decision to hold off on medicals.....
With this in mind I might book them for 6 weeks time.... gives me some motivation to stick to my fat reduction plan!

I'll let you know when I've booked them (she says reaching for the phone!)

good God Beth, did you shop around for a good price... I believe that Handworth Med centre is very good pricewise!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:00 am
Make it happen!!!!

LOL Ali,

There is only one x-ray facility in South Wales, and two Med Centres!!!! So I didn't have that much choice!!! We decided to just get the meds over and done with as they have come up on our progress page as 'required, and it says to book them when you click on the 'message' icon next to it.

LCU won't even get them until around the 10th October as it is.......so if we are in the long queue, that's approx December before someone even looks at them!!!

Nice xmas pressie tho if someone does...LOL
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:03 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I know that you live in Wales but, and this is the 1st quote I got from Selly Park and I'm told the Handsworth Med services are even more reasonable!
Medicals £120 Adults £60 children (under 16)
Bloods and XRay at Priory are £40 CXR and £76 for all the bloods you possibly need!

So for Children: £176 with all the bloods they could possibly ask for and CXR
Adults £226 with all the bloods they could ask for!
and if 3 of the kids aren't having CXR then less another £120!

Obviously you have the courier costs on top of that but

Max cost 4x 176= £704 and 2x£226=£452 Total= £1156!! plus courier! or £1036 with 3 less CXR's

Surely it's worth travelling to Birmingham!!!

Just a thought

Last edited by alipally; Sep 18th 2007 at 10:15 am. Reason: missed medicals price!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Oh my god Beth - that sounds extortionate!!!! There are five of us (albeit 3 kids including a baby so only 2 x-rays for me and hubby) and it is costing us 699 euros which is about £400!!!

Can't you come to France to have them done!!!!

Carla X
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:08 am
Ping pong PoM

Tell you what... I'm tempted to come to France, and I would if OH could get the time off work!

Ali x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

You can day trips! They travel at all times of the day you know.......

Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

On a more serious note, how long do you think the whole process will take if it is all straight forward, modl etc. Someone on another forum reckoned it could take 9 months to get a case officer!!! Surely not?

Carla X
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:15 am
Make it happen!!!!

By the time I pay petrol to get to Birmingham it will be the same.

4 x X-rays £80.50 each = £322
International Courier Fees = £65
Examination x 3 adults £150 each = £450
Examination x 3 children £100 each = £300
Bloods x 2 £10 each = £20
Laboratory Charge x 2 £16 each = £32
Counselling = £10

TOTAL : £1,199.00

Only £43 difference, will pay more than that in petrol!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:17 am
Ping pong PoM

Blonde again....
I read dyslexically... £1999.00!!!

Brain dead!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:18 am
Make it happen!!!!

I know of two people who submitted their online app before me who have had a case officer already!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.