September 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by alipally
Hi Guys!!
Thought I should add myself here to the September 2007 application Crew!!

Applied on 12th (was the 11th here but 12th in Oz so that's what I got.. uncanny really as it's OH's birthday!

Not been asked for anything yet, and must upload our photos tomorrow...
Keep thinking about it, and then it goes from my head!
hi
did you use an agent???? if so have you been told how long your visa will talke????
good luck
steve
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:44 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Nah! We're DIYers!
tbh, we looked at all the forms and decided you didn't need a pHd to get through it all and even if you did we know a rocket scientist!!!
Chap next door to us it using an agent (lodged in June) and they were initially told they should have their visa by October.... Needless to say they've not even had an acknowledgement yet!
The trouble with the new visas been online is that nobody can really predict how fast the processing going to be (IMHO!)
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by posh10
Hi all

Just been told by my migration office that my skills assessment has been accepted and now lodging !!! i joined the july applicants thread because i thought we had been lodged then so quite gutted to have found its just been lodged. Going on a 136 MODL ( both me and OH mic are nurses). Apparently the new electronic system speeds things up by about 6 weeks. That what we were informed. I have a boy whose 5 name Seamus . We are heading for Melbourne a lovely place called mournington. Apparently its going to take 12 months for visa !!!! so looking at sept oct 08. having meds done feb i think.

Di, Mic n Seamus
Hi posh10

I sent my skills assessment to ANMC in july emailed them 2 weeks ago when it was 6 weeks since id sent it and got a reply saying it should be processed in next 3 weeks, so im expecting my letter at about 10 weeks since posting application which means another 2 weeks waiting :curse: and this is only the beginning.
Me, my hubby, and 2 girls, Mia 5 and Erin 7 months are heading to Perth, Butler to start with. We want to go ASAP so really hoping that 12 month quote is way out. Although we havent even put house on market yet.
Good luck everyone.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:49 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about a 457 visa whilst your 175 comes through?
I'm not sure of the ins and outs of the timings but once you have your ANMC you do have to apply to the WA nursing board for reg there and then it's really fast (about 8 -12 weeks I think) so you can be out there and working way before your visa is granted.

Go to the Nursing forum (bottom of the general forums page... migration by occupation or job I think) and nursing is under there. And there's loads of nurses going out there on that on there too!

Just a suggestion, it's not the same as a 175 but if you're applying for it anyway it gives you an opportunity to be out there and doing instead of being here and waiting....
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi everyone

I've been looking for this thread and I kept missing it.

WE TOO ARE SEPTEMBER APPLICANTS!

We applied on the 11th (12th in Oz), same as you Ali, and as yet have only had an email informing us that our details had been put on the Skills Matching Database and our money was taken from our account on Saturday. We have booked our meds and x-rays for next week but am umming and ahhing over whether to cancel them or not as haven't been requested to do them. Still can't download the EH forms for us either and the closest doctor to me that is a panel doctor (2 hours away!) doesn't scan them so we have to join the queue at LCU.

Anyone else in this position? Doing meds before being asked to do them?

Carla
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Going to look into the 457, anything that gets us there soon as .
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebutts
Thanks, Going to look into the 457, anything that gets us there soon as .

If you do go for a 457 while your 175 is being processed then be very careful.

As I understand it you can submit both 457 and 175 visa app but problems may occur when they are granted.

If your 457 is granted first then it will be superceded by your 175 = no prob
If your 175 is granted first then it will be superceded by yoru 475 = PROB

You do not want to go from being perm to being temp so you'll need to ensure that if diac grant your 175 first you immediately cancel your 457 application.

Trish
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

Also applying Sep 2007.Agent has all she needs, just waiting to hear from her, should chase her up again.Good luck to everyone for a shorter wait!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:24 am
Ping pong PoM

Yeah, we can all hope can't we!
But the reality is that it'll only be the first few who get faster processing as the queue gets bigger and bigger again, and my guess is that, there are less CO's dealing with the new 175 visa than the old paper based 136 visa.

Hopefully the whole of Sept. applicants will be the lucky ones, but it depends on how many people rushed to get the application in during September!

Who knows, I just want my visa and I want it NOW!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi Ali

Since you applied, which was the same date as us, what contact have you had from the department? All we have had is an email confirming we are on the skills matching database. Have you been requested to do anything yet? When are you doing your meds?

Regards,

Carla
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:37 am
Ping pong PoM

Hi Carla,

Nope had no communication from Department as yet. We've sent off for PCC's today. I've filled the form 80's in for us all but haven't scanned and attached them yet.
I've made an executive decision to hold off on the medicals until somebody asks for them. For no other reason than I want to lose a couple of stone before I do them!
I was told that if your BMI was over 35 they want extra tests to make sure that you are in good health... I've got it down to 38 from 43, but have a bit more work to do on it!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ali

I know what you mean about losing weight, we too are trying to cut down (oh for a gym!!!! - not here in rural france!!!!) and I am walking with the baby when I can. I have no idea what my BMI would be but sounds like you are doing really well - you must have lost quite a bit of weight?

The only thing I was thinking that if there is a long wait at LCU which there seems to be then it seems sensible to get them done sooner rather than later as it will hold the whole process up. Have you managed to download the EH forms for the medicals?

Carla
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:54 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi girls,

We havent had any contact off DIAC yet either, bit reassuring to know I'm not the only one!!!

We have sent off for our police checks and have booked our medicals for this week and next week ( couldn't fit all 6 of us in together...lol)

Beth x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Beth

When did you apply?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:56 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

10th Sept.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.