Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:16 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by brisbanebound
WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!!!!!!

Fantastic News - Well Done
Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

Congratulations, so pleased for you.

Gillian
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

blakey1 When are ye leaving?
Thinking of spending Christmas in Irl with the family and then maybe Jan or Feb, although hubby would leave tomorrow if we could.
hi brisbanebound we are flying out the 7th september if all goes according to plan , we are going to stay with a coule of friends for the first week untill we get our heads sorted then who knows.\

very scared but excited.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone!
It is a very STRANGE feeling.
I can't face telling my parents though, I feel so bad taking away their granddaughter
I'm sure they know you are giving her a better life

FANTASTIC NEWS

ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE DOWN UNDER

Good luck all the others still waiting I'm sure you will hear next week, my fingers are crossed for you all
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:34 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS BRISBANEBOUND!!!!!!!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

CONGRATS BRISBANEBOUND.

Beth I can't believe you havn't sold your house yet i really hope you get your buyer very soon. We seem to be in the same boat not even had a viewing yet
mind it's only been on the market for a month, we should have put it up for sale earlier. We are going in November to validate or for good if the house sells in time.

Ian...
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

[QUOTE=steveandtina;6534742]I don't believe you are wearing Rolf t shirts my OH said he is getting Rolf Harris or Steve Urwin t shirts made for our leaving do and we have to wear them at the airport

HA! HA! I've got my rolf T shirt OH going as sheila's wheels and the kids are going as kangaroo's.

Ian.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

hi guys hope you all have some news this week and that you have spme interest in the houses.

blakey1

Last edited by blakey1; Jul 5th 2008 at 11:21 am.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Ian444;6536625]
Originally Posted by steveandtina
I don't believe you are wearing Rolf t shirts my OH said he is getting Rolf Harris or Steve Urwin t shirts made for our leaving do and we have to wear them at the airport

HA! HA! I've got my rolf T shirt OH going as sheila's wheels and the kids are going as kangaroo's.

Ian.
Do you think we will standout at the airport in Oz? gunna wear a cork hat too so I blend in with the locals, that way they will never guess I'm a Pom
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

adamchippie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blakey1
i cant beleive you have had to come back here , hope it doesnt take long to sort out , we are flying out sept 7th or at least hope to be .

would be good for my hubby to get talking to another joiner as he worried he wont get work.

what did you do regarding tools , we have to ship stuff but he obviously need his tools on arrival.

any suggestions.

blakey1
Personally, i don't think your husband will have any trouble finding work. Look in all the papers and job websites and there are loads of ads/vacancies. Although i did struggle a little, but i put that down to lack of experience as i had only completed my apprenticeship about a year and a half before.

Naturally, you can't expect a job to fall in your lap, but don't rule out the option of cold calling, going through the yellow pages for builders, asking at any job site he sees. If its residential work he is after, i think i mentioned before, North Lakes and Springfield Lakes are the places to go. Again, just take a drive around the area and just ask if there is work going.

Regarding tools, have you shipped your belongings over yet, i had to wait about six weeks for them to arrive (12 weeks total shipping time).
Again, he shouldn't worry too much. He can easily get by with basic kit, hammer, tape, nail pouch etc. all relatively cheap from Bunnings, Glenfords or Tradetools Direct.
He will find though, if he is working with other guys, most of them will have kit he can borrow until his stuff comes through. Just mention it when your looking for work i'm sure it won't be a problem.

I think you will find that it will all fall into place once your there and starting up. There are so many people who will help you out, Aussies and Brits.
I have just remembered also, the guy i was working for before i left is looking to start another reno project towards the end of this year, he has asked me to come and work with him again. If it all ties in timewise, i have no doubt he would take you on. I can't guarantee it but will email him and see where he is at.

Anything else i can help you with feel free to ask..

Adam
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

hi adam thanks again for the info i have sent you a message if you wonder who its from
blakey1
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:35 am
Just Joined

lilyjules is an unknown quantity at this point

still no word... wonder if they are almost thru with the Aug 2007 backlog... *sigh*
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

hang on in there they must be nearly through , we were september , have you lodged enquiry .
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

congrats!

did your online status change, or just magically appear with a visa?

<--------- jealous
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by blakey1
hang on in there they must be nearly through , we were september , have you lodged enquiry .
yes. the email enquiry said that it was going to a decision maker (in April) and in June I called and the person on the phone didn't have an update for me, but must have emailed my CO or something, as I received the same email (that I got in April) from the CO saying the same thing... "being sent to decision maker, please be patient"... so not sure if it was actually sent in April to DM or in June...

I applied online, Sept.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.