Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Proof of work experience SA State sponsorship

Proof of work experience SA State sponsorship

Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Proof of work experience SA State sponsorship

Just reading through the visa application and looking at a question that asks:
What is the value of money, goods and assets which you intend to bring to Australia? If I include the value of my house as an asset, does this mean that they expect the house to be sold and would they therefore expect to see the value of that asset in cash on arrival?

Just curious as the housing market isn't exactly fluid at the moment so it might be hard to get the house sold before going to Australia.

Hope this makes sense and any replies would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Include your house value as an asset because that is what it is

Many people rent out their houses when they first arrive to Oz due to either the housing market or wanting to keep some UK security for the first year or two for if things in Oz don't work out

In an ideal world you will get the top asking price within weeks of it being on the market and bring the money with you but we all know how bad the market is right now and the chances of that happening are slim so don't panic if it doesn't sell

Old May 1st 2011, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, just what I was thinking. I'm planning to rent it out at first until I'm more familiar with areas in Adelaide. Wouldn't really want to sell with the present market how it is.

The long wait for the state sponsorship is now upon me...you still checking twice a day?

How you doing? Enjoying your holiday?
Old May 1st 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Hi,

To tell you the thruth I've not been checking that much this last week. I now only check every other day... It will be three weeks on Wednesday since my status changed to say my documents are there

Yes I'm enjoying the holidays and I'm back again on Tuesday. I could do with another few weeks off if I'm honest seeing as I have done hardly any of the jobs I wanted to get done!!

How is everything at your end?
Old May 1st 2011, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

I got the documents received updated last week. Like you I'm only checking every few days because I figure we'll get an email when they have made their decision anyway so checking emails is just as good as checking the site. I know what you mean about not getting as much done. I thought I'd get loads done over the holiday but it's amazing how the days quickly tick away. Loving the sunny weather though. Been out and about, meeting up for lunches, actually being able to eat outdoors instead of being indoors. It makes me want to be there even sooner.
Old May 11th 2011, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Just a quick update: I have logged on the tracking website to check my application (I still check each evening) and a new line is now there. It says 'Application Decision - No Decision yet'

Ok so its a rubbish update but at least things are moving
Old May 11th 2011, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

It's definitely getting closer, hopefully you'll hear very soon. Good luck!

Btw- there's a new programme on called 'Poms in Parardise.' It's on now on ITV1.
Old May 11th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

JasonOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Just a quick update: I have logged on the tracking website to check my application (I still check each evening) and a new line is now there. It says 'Application Decision - No Decision yet'

Ok so its a rubbish update but at least things are moving
Hiya. As you say, bit of a pointless update, but does show that they are probably working through the applications quicker than normal to meet the deadlines.

I've only been checking every 2 or 3 days because I'm expecting an email to come through also, and I check my hotmail everyday
Old May 12th 2011, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Guess what!!!!

I have been APPROVED!!!!!!

Old May 12th 2011, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

WOW!!! BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!

Tell us then, what did the application page say when you checked it?

You must be on top of the world!! Was quick as well, about 4 weeks tops?

So chuffed for you...fingers crossed for the rest of us now!

Well done again
Old May 12th 2011, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

BIG CONGRATS!!!! It must be the best feeling! Yes, tell us all the details, in terms of the timeline, was it only 4 weeks?

Yes Jason, hopefully we'll be all celebrating soon!
Old May 12th 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi Beachlady, yes fingers crossed shouldn't be long now for us

They definitely must be processing applications quicker
Old May 12th 2011, 8:51 am
Just Joined

jasongd is an unknown quantity at this point

Good thread
Old May 12th 2011, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for the delay, I've just got home from the pub!! Ha ha

My online application was made 1st April
Docs arrived in Oz and logged on the 13th April
Status changed to awaiting decision 11th May
Status changed to approved 12th May

So it's been 4 weeks and 1 day from the docs arriving to getting approved

It says I have 30 days to get the application in so looks like I'll be scanning documents this weekend etc.

I didn't even think about checking tonight due to getting home late. I was just going to check my email for something else I was waiting for and then log off but when I did it said the decision had been made but didn't say which way.

I was logging in the tracking system thinking 'I've been refused and now going to have to take the 175 route and wait longer etc' so when I seen the approved status I spent ten minutes jumping up and down!

You two are not far behind me in time so keep checking! We'll all have to meet up once we all get over there for a BBQ on the beach (oh and the large Vodka and Coke Jason owes me from about 5 pages back on this thread!!!)

Old May 12th 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Sorry for the delay, I've just got home from the pub!! Ha ha

My online application was made 1st April
Docs arrived in Oz and logged on the 13th April
Status changed to awaiting decision 11th May
Status changed to approved 12th May

So it's been 4 weeks and 1 day from the docs arriving to getting approved

It says I have 30 days to get the application in so looks like I'll be scanning documents this weekend etc.

I didn't even think about checking tonight due to getting home late. I was just going to check my email for something else I was waiting for and then log off but when I did it said the decision had been made but didn't say which way.

I was logging in the tracking system thinking 'I've been refused and now going to have to take the 175 route and wait longer etc' so when I seen the approved status I spent ten minutes jumping up and down!

You two are not far behind me in time so keep checking! We'll all have to meet up once we all get over there for a BBQ on the beach (oh and the large Vodka and Coke Jason owes me from about 5 pages back on this thread!!!)

Good on you, the pub is the first place I'll be going to hopefully as well!

Impressive timeline given the initial advertised 8 week processing time. My milestone date is the 27th April, where it states docs received, so I'll be cutting it fine, but my agent will be submitting electronically, so that'll save postal delays!

If all goes well, I agree, we should all definately meet up for a traditional OZ BBQ on the beach, and I'll bring the Vodka and Coke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.