Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Proof of work experience SA State sponsorship

Proof of work experience SA State sponsorship

Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough
Default Proof of work experience SA State sponsorship

On the required documents list for SA state sponsorship they don't say anything about providing proof of a reference for work experience. It just says you must have work experience of at least 12 months out of last 24 months. Anyone know if you have to send proof? I'm guessing no if it's not on the required documents list.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Proof of work experience SA State sponsorship

Originally Posted by beachlady
On the required documents list for SA state sponsorship they don't say anything about providing proof of a reference for work experience. It just says you must have work experience of at least 12 months out of last 24 months. Anyone know if you have to send proof? I'm guessing no if it's not on the required documents list.
Could that be because you have already provided it to whoever did your skills assessment?
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

For the skills assessment it didn't ask for documentation for proof of work experience but for the 176 visa it does so maybe that's the only time they ask for the proof of work experience.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

ViewAskew is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received state sponsorship from the SA government and there was no requirement for any proof any anything, financial nor work. Yes, there was the skills assessment (ACS) which was approved based only on letter headed paper. Even though its true, I could have written it myself and made the whole thing up. As far as I know, no one contacted my company to see if it was a piece of work Enid Blyton would have been proud of.

I presumed and still do that when we lodge for the visa and it's assigned then they would check but I'm unsure so will be pressing my agent very soon on this.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. How long did it take for your state sponsorship to come back?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:19 am
Just Joined

ViewAskew is an unknown quantity at this point

Eight weeks to the day. Which is what they predicted when I applied.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

JasonOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ViewAskew

Apologies in advance for the disjointed nature of my question.

I'm just about to apply for SA Sponsorship online, and I have almost everything required, but just querying a few matters about documentation.

Did you upload any relevant certificates for the section? and if not, will they class this as an incomplete application? for the area asking:

"Copies of your qualifications and/or fellowships/memberships detailing highest qualification achieved and date of completion"

The reason I ask is that I provided old Diploma Certs when applying for the skills assessment.

Obviously I know it's specific to the individual, but what sort of things did you list, and how much detail did you go into for the "showing commitment" area of the online application?

And one more thing, just to clarify, supporting documents to be sent along with online application are things like copies of skills assessment, application page, scanned copy of passport and any qualification paperwork?

Many thanks, Jason
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Hi JasonOz,

I completed my application online Sunday evening... You do not upload anything. You simply fill in the sections, press send and then print the cover sheet

Next you get the cover sheet witnessed. It just stated NOT a family member so I got my neighbour to witness my signature. You then photocopy your documents (NOT copied and certified ones) the simple 5p a sheet copies at the Post Office will do, pop them in an envelope with the cover sheet and post them off

When you fill in the online form make a note of the six digit number it gives you because you use that to log on and track the process/outcome

The copied documents I sent were:
Cover sheet
Passport page (Mine and my sons)
IELTS certificate
Skills assessment certificate
College AND University paperwork (I'm not sure if the college ones were needed??)

The commitment statement is where you tell them why you want to live in SA. I would say research, research and research some more!!

Hope this helps
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Hi JasonOz,

I completed my application online Sunday evening... You do not upload anything. You simply fill in the sections, press send and then print the cover sheet

Next you get the cover sheet witnessed. It just stated NOT a family member so I got my neighbour to witness my signature. You then photocopy your documents (NOT copied and certified ones) the simple 5p a sheet copies at the Post Office will do, pop them in an envelope with the cover sheet and post them off

When you fill in the online form make a note of the six digit number it gives you because you use that to log on and track the process/outcome

The copied documents I sent were:
Cover sheet
Passport page (Mine and my sons)
IELTS certificate
Skills assessment certificate
College AND University paperwork (I'm not sure if the college ones were needed??)

The commitment statement is where you tell them why you want to live in SA. I would say research, research and research some more!!

Hope this helps
Hi Bubblegum_babe

Many thanks for your detailed response!

For some reason I thought I had to upload documentation such as passport and skills assessment, then send proof of originals in the post to back it up.

You mentioned you sent your's and your son's passport. So I take it it's not just an application for the main applicant, but an application for the family, so there is a need to send my wife and my 2 children's passports photo's as well?

I can do all the copying in work for free and get my boss to witness them, that's no problem.

Apparently, I don't need an IELTS as I'm a british passport holder, so I think I'm exempt in that respect, my chosen ANZSCO in 263111.

One more thing. Did you have all the paperwork ready to send, so once the online application is complete, you pop the paperwork in the post straight away? I think I ready somewhere you have 30 days, but i don't want to delay due to the new rules in July.

Thanks for taking the time to help

Cheers Jase
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

No just photocopies are needed

To be honest I am not sure about the passport part! You need to put their details on the online application so I just sent a photocopy of my sons passport to be safe because it isn't very clear on the website at all and it was only one extra sheet of paper

Yes you have 30 days to get the paperwork and cover sheet to them (remember it takes approx 5 days to get there in the post) but I had my paperwork handy from when I sent off for my skills assessment so I just photocopied it all and popped it in the post the next day

I needed to sit the IELTS because even though I am UK born (worth 6.5) it was a requirement on the SSML list for my occupation (Teacher) that I needed to score at least 7.0 in each of the four parts

Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

No just photocopies are needed

To be honest I am not sure about the passport part! You need to put their details on the online application so I just sent a photocopy of my sons passport to be safe because it isn't very clear on the website at all and it was only one extra sheet of paper

Yes you have 30 days to get the paperwork and cover sheet to them (remember it takes approx 5 days to get there in the post) but I had my paperwork handy from when I sent off for my skills assessment so I just photocopied it all and popped it in the post the next day

I needed to sit the IELTS because even though I am UK born (worth 6.5) it was a requirement on the SSML list for my occupation (Teacher) that I needed to score at least 7.0 in each of the four parts

Ah ok, I understand. All sounds a lot easier than what I had to go through collating the documentation for my skills assessment!

When you say you got your signature witnessed, did you literally sign/date every photocopy and then the witness signed as well to say they witnessed your signature? something like, "I can confirm that this is a genuine copy of the original document"?

It's not something I've done thus far due to the fact I needed certified docs from a solicitor for the skills assessment.

I think I'll copy all passport docs just in case

thanks again
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

No it is ONLY the cover sheet you get witnessed. The other things are simple photocopies... No signature and no writing required. You've already proven most of it is 'real' to get the skills assessment completed and the certified documents for the visa application itself will check them again and check the rest

The cover sheet was one A4 sheet with terms and conditions on and a document checklist... At the bottom there was a line for you to sign, a line for the witness to sign, one to print their name and one to print their address and finally a line to write the date on

The only thing it did have next to the witness part was 'Not a relative' so your boss will do or like me run around to next door!

I should have sent mine off last week but thanks to my sons passport running out and me not noticing I had a short delay... Saying that they said it would take 2 weeks plus for his passport renewal but it took just SIX days... I was starting to think the UK wanted to get rid of me
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

No it is ONLY the cover sheet you get witnessed. The other things are simple photocopies... No signature and no writing required. You've already proven most of it is 'real' to get the skills assessment completed and the certified documents for the visa application itself will check them again and check the rest

The cover sheet was one A4 sheet with terms and conditions on and a document checklist... At the bottom there was a line for you to sign, a line for the witness to sign, one to print their name and one to print their address and finally a line to write the date on

The only thing it did have next to the witness part was 'Not a relative' so your boss will do or like me run around to next door!

I should have sent mine off last week but thanks to my sons passport running out and me not noticing I had a short delay... Saying that they said it would take 2 weeks plus for his passport renewal but it took just SIX days... I was starting to think the UK wanted to get rid of me
Hi there, thanks again for the advice. You have made it clear now, and sounds like the only graft will be completing the commitment section!

We are lucky, we only renewed our passports last year, but 6 days is really quick for getting a new one! otherwise that could have ended up in an unnessesary delay for you.

Apparently it takes 8 weeks to come through, so good luck with yours, and I'll let you know how I get on

Many thanks again

Jase
Old Apr 7th 2011, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there again.

Could you clarify if you sent off any financial clarificiation as my agent seems to be under the impression that the state requires proof of assets, of which a certain component has to be cash?

Reading further above, it seems that ViewAskew didn't send any financial proof off and was approved!

Did you mention that your cash was tied up in assets on the application? All I was going to do was put down what my house was worth, and this would be available to me on arrival into the state

Thanks again, Jase
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jason,
You need to declare your savings/assets in a section of the application but do not need to have any kind of evidence for this. Some states require documentation but not SA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.