Onshore de facto visa - granted!

Old May 12th 2008, 1:04 pm
monkey lover

FayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the rough
Default Onshore de facto visa - granted!

]I just wanted to shout that I GOT MY VISA! My onhore de facto visa was granted on 1 May... and having the words 'provisional resident' safely in my passport makes me very happy!

I applied on 21 January to the Melbourne office so it took just over 3 months - and we weren't asked to come in for an interview. I think that the fact I didn't have my medical until 3 April actually slowed my application down because DIAC had to request I do them... 3 days after DIAC received my medicals, the visa was granted.

So, do your medicals early!

I've been in Aus for nearly 18 months plotting to be able to stay with my boyfriend - 6 months on a holiday visa, 8 months on a study visa and 3 months on a bridging visa... so I am very very relieved.

Thanks to everyone for their help

Fay
Old May 12th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice
Default Re: Onshore de facto visa - granted!

Originally Posted by FayWray
]I just wanted to shout that I GOT MY VISA! My onhore de facto visa was granted on 1 May... and having the words 'provisional resident' safely in my passport makes me very happy!

I applied on 21 January to the Melbourne office so it took just over 3 months - and we weren't asked to come in for an interview. I think that the fact I didn't have my medical until 3 April actually slowed my application down because DIAC had to request I do them... 3 days after DIAC received my medicals, the visa was granted.

I've been in Aus for nearly 18 months plotting to be able to stay with my boyfriend - 6 months on a holiday visa, 8 months on a study visa and 3 months on a bridging visa... so I am very very relieved.

Fay
congratulations on getting your visa and good luck!!
Old May 14th 2008, 12:55 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FayWray

Fay
I know the feeling....congratulations !!!
Old May 14th 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats from me too!
I know how I felt when the letter came - I was in a daze and wanted to show it to everyone.. that was 15 months ago..

*BUT* there's a big difference remember between provisional and permanent so you're not out of the woods quite yet!