Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Failing eyesight and Contributary Parent Visa?

Failing eyesight and Contributary Parent Visa?

Old May 13th 2008, 3:29 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Question Failing eyesight and Contributary Parent Visa?

Hello :0)

Just at the very beginning....again *sigh* ....My Mum (77) has just given us the nod to start the ball rolling with her application (she's probably going to be on a CPV, subclass 864). Balance of family is O.K (I'm an only child/spoilt brat ) and we've been here nearly 4 years so O.K there too.

My question is: Being that she is currently undergoing treatment in the U.K for several eye conditions and her eyesight is not good....will she immediately fail as far as the medical is concerned???

She is more than willing to pay and go private for any continuing care she may need when in Australia....also I'm not sure if any of the money($25,000) she pays for the Visa will cover treatments (so as not to be a drain on the economy)?

Thanks for listening,

Jan
Old May 14th 2008, 1:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Failing eyesight and Contributary Parent Visa?

I presume you mean the offshore parent visa, subclass 143 (not 864).

It could well cause problems with the medical criteria. Not something an online forum can assess.

Try Peter Bollard or George Lombard for assistance, both in Sydney (search forum for contact details). Be prepared to pay for professional advice.

Standard health criteria apply for all parent visas. The $28k or so second instalment is effectively "buy in" to the Medicare system and covers future health deterioration. Unfortunately, offering to pay to go private is not acceptable.
Old May 14th 2008, 2:33 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Failing eyesight and Contributary Parent Visa?

Thank-you for your reply JAJ....in between writing the above and reading your reply I sent off an enquiry to 'Go Matilda' and hope to have an initial consultation to see what options (if any) we have in getting Mum over here with us.

Thanks again, it is much appreciated :0)

Jan