October 2009 Applicants

Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Haggisman09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up October 2009 Applicants

Hi everyone,

I've finally done it: filled the online visa application after having recently received my ACS skills assessment (that was long and painful to get, including an appeal). Got a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) after 4 hours - stressful job it is. And the credit card is still smoking... (didn't work with my Cahoot Visa debit card and had to use my Egg Money credit card)
I'm applying for a Visa 175
MODL/CSL: Computing Professional - Linux (2231-79)
Needed IELTS as I'm not a native English speaker (but hopefully will get an additional 5 points for my French).
Now will have to attach all the remaining documents ASAP.
I submitted it on the 30th of September in UK timezone but it was the 1st of October in AU timezone, so technically I'm in for October. And apparently the first one here?
As it seems to be the custom here, please share your experiences.

Good luck to all my fellow October Applicants!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

ThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: October 2009 Applicants

Good Luck, Bro!, now we all are in same boat of waiting good news from DIAC
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

uk2aus will become famous soon enough
Talking October 2009 Applications

Hi there i didnt see a thread for October 2009 Visa applicants so i thought i would start a new thread.

My fiancee and I have applied for our spose visa on the 1st October and are waiting for response (its soo nerv racking )

We did not use an agent and did all of the paper work and evidence ourselves and sent it in the post via special delivery.

If anyone has applied for a visa this month please feel free to use this thread and share your experience with us.

Kind Regards
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:02 am
Banned

rjumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default October 2009 Applicants

Please share your time lines of IMMIGRATION applications for the month of OCTOBER:

Mine is:

Applied for: GSM
Class: 175
Application Date: 06.10.2009
Current Status: Uploading Docs
Got confirmation e-mail from immigration dept. on 07.10.2009.

Keep Smiling Always.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

born2learn will become famous soon enoughborn2learn will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

I applied on October 10.

Application Date: 10.10.2009
MODL+CSL: 2231-79(.NET)
Got confirmation e-mail from immigration dept. on 11.10.2009.

Regards.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Just joined the club

Class: 175 (but planning to apply for NSW SS and change to 176)
Application Date: 15.10.2009
No confirmation e-mail yet
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Matrisha
Just joined the club

Class: 175 (but planning to apply for NSW SS and change to 176)
Application Date: 15.10.2009
No confirmation e-mail yet
Good luck guys. I'm October 2008 175 non CSL and still waiting
Old Oct 16th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

mission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant future

Guys, I have certain queries before I submit my application and join you guys in Oct 09

Please help http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636016

See if you can help.

--------
My timeline so far

Application Date: Hopefull tomorrow, once someone reply to query in above link
MODL+CSL: 2231-79(J2EE)
Current Status: Waiting for reply on my query in above link
-----

Template for others:

Applied for:
Class:
Application Date:
MODL+CSL:
Current Status:

Last edited by mission_australia; Oct 16th 2009 at 10:00 am. Reason: Added template
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

mission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant future

Update:

Application Date: 18th Oct 2009
MODL+CSL: 2231-79(J2EE)
Current Status: Will upload docs
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

All,

Do we need attach/upload CERTIFIED copy of docs specillay Birth certificate, ACS letter, IELTS result letter ?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:35 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

NO. Documents that are scanned in colour do not need to be certified.
But black n white documents need to be certified,
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyx
NO. Documents that are scanned in colour do not need to be certified.
But black n white documents need to be certified,
Thanks !

Just to double check, in document checklist, there is button message which says following.

"Please provide us with a certified copy of the test report for your IELTS English test.

Please suggest.

"
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:49 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

I just scanned it and sent a colour copy. I got advice on this from other applicants at the time and the feedback was that nearly everyone had just attached colour scans. I'll try and find the link to the posts.

Here it is:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622403

Last edited by Lyx; Oct 18th 2009 at 9:56 am. Reason: added link.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: October 2009 Applicants

Hello,

I am in process of uploading docs, do we have to upload same doc again and again for evidencing different attribute.

Like following will required almost same documents like job letter, pay slip, etc.

Evidence of Specific Work Experience
Evidence of work experience
Evidence of Job Offer
Evidence of Australian Work Experience

So, do I need to upload similar document against each attribute or upload once is fine ?

Also, we need to upload following forms after we do Medical as and when it is requested by CO
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray
Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa

Last edited by mission_australia; Oct 18th 2009 at 11:47 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mission_australia
Hello,

I am in process of uploading docs, do we have to upload same doc again and again for evidencing different attribute.

Like following will required almost same documents like job letter, pay slip, etc.

Evidence of Specific Work Experience
Evidence of work experience
Evidence of Job Offer
Evidence of Australian Work Experience

So, do I need to upload similar document against each attribute or upload once is fine ?

Also, we need to upload following forms after we do Medical as and when it is requested by CO
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray
Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa
I uploaded everything under "Specific Work Experience", no need to upload the same document twice.
In your case - if you claimed points for Australian work experience - I would probably upload the concerning documents under this section.

And the forms for the medicals have to be completed by you and the panel doctor, normally they will be submitted with the medicals.
So you will only need them when your CO requests your medicals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.