Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Old Jul 27th 2018, 9:52 pm
  #16  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
LuLu2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan View Post
The pay evidence you mentioned should be enough, but I would also advise using the HMRC link to apply for paid employment verification https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history

Regards,

Richard
Most of the employment was in Ireland & I am not sure that I can get something equivalent from Ireland but I will look into it so thanks for the advise
LuLu2018 is offline  
Old Aug 5th 2018, 8:10 pm
  #17  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by LuLu2018 View Post


Hi jon111

Sorry for more questions, I just wondered if you were able to show evidence that you covered all the mandatory units (listed on the plumber factsheet) from your qualification records or is it ok if some of them are not covered and hence the reason for the migrant gap training?

I’ve got most of the documentation together so I’m trying to update a matrix evidencing how each unit was covered but there are a few blanks 😬

Also are tax records required or will P60’s and payslips be enough? I can send bank statements too but would prefer not to unless needed!

Any advice appreciated!!

Thanks 😊
you wont be able to cover them all i dont know any plumbers in britain who could. if you do everyday plumbing and know a little about groundworks ie septic tanks and pipe depths etc then youll be fine. i dont have loads of stuff on there and it was no problem.

as for proof of employment then like richard says you can request employment history from hmrc. so far they havnt asked me for that so hopefully iv given enough info.
jon111 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 4:56 pm
  #18  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
LuLu2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Hi Jon111
Thanks for that, has your application been finalised? We got a request for further info (to complete Practical Experience Summary - PES), I had downloaded it from VETASSESS but misunderstood & thought it was relating to Stage 2 of the application, we will get it submitted tomorrow & hopefully Stage 1 will get processed fairly quickly after that!
LuLu2018 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 5:22 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by LuLu2018 View Post
Hi Jon111
Thanks for that, has your application been finalised? We got a request for further info (to complete Practical Experience Summary - PES), I had downloaded it from VETASSESS but misunderstood & thought it was relating to Stage 2 of the application, we will get it submitted tomorrow & hopefully Stage 1 will get processed fairly quickly after that!

yeh all finalised and im waiting to hear back for the visa iv done the part your on yeh the PES is a bit of a sod its just going through the paperwork and the whole process takes ages. for example i started feb 2017 so have been 13 months now overall. submitted my eoiin jan and got an invite to apply for a visa in march so submitted in march and now just waiting to hear something so ball ache but hopefully worth it lol
jon111 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 9:49 pm
  #20  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
LuLu2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

It will all be worth it!! We actually have the visa part done, back to the skills assessment stage for my husband so he can get his plumbing licence when we arrive. We applied for the visa based on my skills, our application was submitted in Jan 18 & visas were granted in June 18 (yay!) so 5 months in total for us! If you submitted in March then you are likely very close to a grant at this stage if you have any questions in relation to our application let me know but you are probably just at the waiting stage now! I put a lot of work into making sure we submitted a decision ready application & it paid off, in the end, it is a long process tho, I hope you get your grant very soon!

Do you have any advise on the PES completion? We are trying to get it completed this evening but it's difficult to remember dates etc so just wondered did you complete it at length and add additional pages with info or did you give an example of each area that you covered & leave it at that or what was your approach? Given that the CV and references etc outline experience I thought maybe an example in each area might be sufficient. Also do you give exact dates & times? If we had known we needed dates etc then we could have been keeping a record but unfortunately we are too late finding out and it is a bit of guessing for dates! Again not all area's were covered but you had said previously that you hadn't covered all & that was ok, we have nothing for Gas & Roofing other than what was covered at college & that wasn't in the last 5 years so its a no for all those area's on the PES!

Thanks
LuLu2018 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:30 pm
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by LuLu2018 View Post
It will all be worth it!! We actually have the visa part done, back to the skills assessment stage for my husband so he can get his plumbing licence when we arrive. We applied for the visa based on my skills, our application was submitted in Jan 18 & visas were granted in June 18 (yay!) so 5 months in total for us! If you submitted in March then you are likely very close to a grant at this stage if you have any questions in relation to our application let me know but you are probably just at the waiting stage now! I put a lot of work into making sure we submitted a decision ready application & it paid off, in the end, it is a long process tho, I hope you get your grant very soon!

Do you have any advise on the PES completion? We are trying to get it completed this evening but it's difficult to remember dates etc so just wondered did you complete it at length and add additional pages with info or did you give an example of each area that you covered & leave it at that or what was your approach? Given that the CV and references etc outline experience I thought maybe an example in each area might be sufficient. Also do you give exact dates & times? If we had known we needed dates etc then we could have been keeping a record but unfortunately we are too late finding out and it is a bit of guessing for dates! Again not all area's were covered but you had said previously that you hadn't covered all & that was ok, we have nothing for Gas & Roofing other than what was covered at college & that wasn't in the last 5 years so its a no for all those area's on the PES!

Thanks
ah i see right then most of what they said was the pes is a rough guide for what youve done in your job based on employment mostly. i didnt put dates and times just looked at what the nvq 2 covered and my gas safe and put it next to the corresponding slots. if it was bathrooms for example that was nvq 2 plus i put what company i worked for to do bathroom installs. i wasnt that specific tbh and they didnt ask any extra info, as you have to do gap training when you get there to be a plumber anyway. which i assume you know about??
jon111 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:40 pm
  #22  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
LuLu2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Yes we found out about that, it's running into a lot of expense to get the licence isn't it!!

Have you any travel plans made yet or decided on what part of Australia you will go to? We have been looking into the gap training & MPA are running a 3 week Plumbers Migrant Gap training course commencing 5th November, its approx $4k I think!! You have to have the provisional plumbers licence to be eligible but you you would be able to apply for that now you have the skills assessment as far as I know, unless there is a requirement to be in the state? I am jumping ahead here as I am not sure what state you are going to, they may all be similar but I have only looked into WA!!
So far we have just put examples on the PES so what I might do is add the employer name so that the assessor can cross reference back to the CV if needed. Yes for Gas there is nothing only college based & it is more than 5 years ago but might just note that rather than a direct "no"
LuLu2018 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:46 pm
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by LuLu2018 View Post
Yes we found out about that, it's running into a lot of expense to get the licence isn't it!!

Have you any travel plans made yet or decided on what part of Australia you will go to? We have been looking into the gap training & MPA are running a 3 week Plumbers Migrant Gap training course commencing 5th November, its approx $4k I think!! You have to have the provisional plumbers licence to be eligible but you you would be able to apply for that now you have the skills assessment as far as I know, unless there is a requirement to be in the state? I am jumping ahead here as I am not sure what state you are going to, they may all be similar but I have only looked into WA!!
So far we have just put examples on the PES so what I might do is add the employer name so that the assessor can cross reference back to the CV if needed. Yes for Gas there is nothing only college based & it is more than 5 years ago but might just note that rather than a direct "no"
i had to apply for a 190 in nsw as didnt have the points but when i was on the course they did say about training providers i cant remember WA tbh. i spoke to a guy who done it in queensland and it cost him 3k for the certificate 3 and if you wanted cert 4 then another 4k but i think 4 is to run your own company still need the one year as a glorified apprentice though and yes gets every expensive. got the feeling nothings cheap lol

travel plans no nothing yet just waiting for the nod on the visa then we can plan moves
jon111 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:50 pm
  #24  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
LuLu2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

No certainly nothing cheap about it!! Well good luck with it all, and I hope the planning all goes well so you can get moved over & start to enjoy it after all the hard work
LuLu2018 is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 3:22 pm
  #25  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Aimz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by jon111 View Post
i had to apply for a 190 in nsw as didnt have the points but when i was on the course they did say about training providers i cant remember WA tbh. i spoke to a guy who done it in queensland and it cost him 3k for the certificate 3 and if you wanted cert 4 then another 4k but i think 4 is to run your own company still need the one year as a glorified apprentice though and yes gets every expensive. got the feeling nothings cheap lol

travel plans no nothing yet just waiting for the nod on the visa then we can plan moves
Hi, sorry to jump in on your post. Was just reading through and noticed you were heading to nsw on a 190. We are currentky waiting on an invitation to apply. We submitted our eoi and had an invitation for nomination within a week. My partner is also a plumber. He has had 16+ years experience with level 3 and has done all had qualifications etc. We realise there is going no to be lots of hoops to jump through when we arrive so would be great if you are going to be going through the same thing to get some advice? I doubt we will be able to afford to get his full license straight away to be able to work for himself but will def be keen to know who our first point of contact will be to get him started in the right road. Is it right he will work as a trades assistant to begin with? Also we will probs be looking at moving to the northern rivers area not too far from the border so we are able to get the best of everything.. but will obviously have to go where the work is. I work in childcare so hoping work won’t be an issue for me as my qualifications are apparently easily transferable. Are you still waiting to hear about your visa?

Many thanks
Aimz is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 5:11 pm
  #26  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 111
jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by Aimz View Post


Hi, sorry to jump in on your post. Was just reading through and noticed you were heading to nsw on a 190. We are currentky waiting on an invitation to apply. We submitted our eoi and had an invitation for nomination within a week. My partner is also a plumber. He has had 16+ years experience with level 3 and has done all had qualifications etc. We realise there is going no to be lots of hoops to jump through when we arrive so would be great if you are going to be going through the same thing to get some advice? I doubt we will be able to afford to get his full license straight away to be able to work for himself but will def be keen to know who our first point of contact will be to get him started in the right road. Is it right he will work as a trades assistant to begin with? Also we will probs be looking at moving to the northern rivers area not too far from the border so we are able to get the best of everything.. but will obviously have to go where the work is. I work in childcare so hoping work won’t be an issue for me as my qualifications are apparently easily transferable. Are you still waiting to hear about your visa?

Many thanks
i am indeed still waiting to hear back did my medicals and police checks when they asked for them and that was 6 weeks ago now and heard nothing since.

trade assist is for the first year of work in your trade so yeh straight away. you can work as self employed on lvl 3 but not run a company i believe i,e you can sub to a plumbing company or builder for example is how i understand it.

now we wanted to move to that area aswel but there is a slight issue. if your close to the boarder then the chances are your work as a plumber will take you across the boarder which means a whole different set so certificates from how i understand it, qld has different rules and regs to nws and they both need you to be registered in each states to work there so just some food for thought. not an issue i just assume its more money as always.
jon111 is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 7:18 pm
  #27  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Aimz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Originally Posted by jon111 View Post
i am indeed still waiting to hear back did my medicals and police checks when they asked for them and that was 6 weeks ago now and heard nothing since.

trade assist is for the first year of work in your trade so yeh straight away. you can work as self employed on lvl 3 but not run a company i believe i,e you can sub to a plumbing company or builder for example is how i understand it.

now we wanted to move to that area aswel but there is a slight issue. if your close to the boarder then the chances are your work as a plumber will take you across the boarder which means a whole different set so certificates from how i understand it, qld has different rules and regs to nws and they both need you to be registered in each states to work there so just some food for thought. not an issue i just assume its more money as always.
Ah yes, never actually thought of that! :/ just thought my partner will be employed in NSW which is what they require. I wonder how hard an expensive it is once you get licensed with NSW to then get passed with Qld too. Your right though it’s just money all the time. So do you have a plan on what area you would like to head to now?
I think my partner would be happy to just sub contract an not have own company for the initial few years anyway so that doesn’t sound too bad. It’s just knowing who an where is the first port of call to get started looking for work and getting his quals looked at to do the gap training as I believe there is lots of training you have to do to be Australian qualified? Ah hopefully you will hear something soon then. When did you apply for the visa, if you don’t mind me asking? We went out EOI off and had an invite to apply for nomination within 9 days.. its the waiting to be nominated now an then the big wait for the actual visa.. I am so keen for it all to be happening now!!
Aimz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.