Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

Old Jun 2nd 2018, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Yazzoomum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

I am a nvq2 qualified plumber from the uk , i have a wife and two children and we want to move to Oz. What I cant seem to find out is if I can get through the visa assesment on my nvq2 or if I need to be gas registered?? Can anyone help ??
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nvq 2 plumber wanting to move to Oz

No. You need NVQ 3. You nay also have issues with experience as normally only post qualified experience counts. Ie post NVQ 3
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Yazzoomum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
No. You need NVQ 3. You nay also have issues with experience as normally only post qualified experience counts. Ie post NVQ 3

Many thanks for the info x
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 8:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yazzoomum
Many thanks for the info x
If you have worked in your occupation for more than 4 years including time spent training, it is possible that you could pass the assessment.

Have a look at the vetassess site - https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-...de-occupations

You should also note that plumbers need a level 2 first aid certificate for the assessment
Candidates for plumbing assessments must also provide a current level 2 First Aid Certificate. The first aid course you complete must include:
o CPR
o injuries from head to toe
o wounds and bleeding
o burns, poisons, bites and stings
o medical emergencies:
o chest pain, asthma, anaphylaxis, choking, shock
o stroke, seizures, fainting, diabetes
o infection control.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

LuLu2018 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the first aid course that's required the one day or three day course does anybody know? I was looking into it this morning and the items covered on the courses I have found vary slightly from what is quoted by old sparkles. The courses local to me (Northern Ireland) are both level 3 so perhaps more than what is required & I have noted below the detail included in each.

The one day course is Level 3 Emergency First Aid at work and covers the below:
Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
• Be able to assess an incident
• Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
• Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
• Know how provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries

The three day course is Level 3 First Aid at work and covers the below:
• Be able to conduct a secondary survey
• Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
• Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2018, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Just to note that what Old Sparkles has quoted is the specific items that MUST be covered but the courses run in my area cover similar items but it is not exactly the same. I don't want to select a course that will not pass skills assessment stage.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

iv just done all this myself and am now waiting on hopefully getting my visa

nvq 2 is fine as long as you have enough years experience in the relevant trade and can prove it. for example i completed my nvq 2 in 09 so have enough for 5 years experience plus 3 years apprentaship, so so im led to believe thats what they want.

the skills assessment is easy if you do plumbing day in day out.

its a long process in general. took me 4 moths just to get my skills assessment date.

Old Jul 17th 2018, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LuLu2018
Is the first aid course that's required the one day or three day course does anybody know? I was looking into it this morning and the items covered on the courses I have found vary slightly from what is quoted by old sparkles. The courses local to me (Northern Ireland) are both level 3 so perhaps more than what is required & I have noted below the detail included in each.

The one day course is Level 3 Emergency First Aid at work and covers the below:

The three day course is Level 3 First Aid at work and covers the below:
• Be able to conduct a secondary survey
• Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
• Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness

Thanks
i did the one day saint johns ambulance one and it was excepted
Old Jul 18th 2018, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for letting me know, I looked up St John's Ambulance & booked it this morning! I spoke to the Down Under Centre and they said it was an approved course. Did you complete your skills assessment yourself or use an agent? I am wondering if it is useful to use an agent as it seems we have to do all the work for it anyway but I know it would be piece of mind if they reviewed it to ensure it is decision ready before being submitted.
Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2018, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for letting me know, I looked up St John's Ambulance & booked it this morning! I spoke to the Down Under Centre and they said it was an approved course. Did you complete your skills assessment yourself or use an agent? I am wondering if it is useful to use an agent as it seems we have to do all the work for it anyway but I know it would be piece of mind if they reviewed it to ensure it is decision ready before being submitted.
Thanks

did it all myself even with an agent theres still alot to do yourself just depends how you feel about paperwork, the agents on here like richard are great and helpful as are most others on here like moneypenny and others before you sll get upset i missed you out lol
Old Jul 18th 2018, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

That’s good to know, thanks!!
Im fine with the paperwork end of things, I done my own skills assessment and PR visa application but because I don’t know that much about the plumbing trade I’m not so confident, I’ve done a fair bit of research over the past few days though so I might gather up as much evidence as I can and have a look at the application form before deciding.
Did you submit many photos with your application?
Thanks again 😊
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

That’s good to know, thanks!!
Im fine with the paperwork end of things, I done my own skills assessment and PR visa application but because I don’t know that much about the plumbing trade I’m not so confident, I’ve done a fair bit of research over the past few days though so I might gather up as much evidence as I can and have a look at the application form before deciding.
Did you submit many photos with your application?
Thanks again 😊
no no photos wasnt required for me as long as you have all the qualifications dated and employer references etc or proof of self employed then youll be ok

i wrote a post a while back about the plumbing skills assessment so you can look at that too.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Oh really, I thought the photos were needed, that's good to know! I will have a look at your posts, thanks again very helpful
Old Jul 26th 2018, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jon111
no no photos wasnt required for me as long as you have all the qualifications dated and employer references etc or proof of self employed then youll be ok

i wrote a post a while back about the plumbing skills assessment so you can look at that too.
Hi jon111

Sorry for more questions, I just wondered if you were able to show evidence that you covered all the mandatory units (listed on the plumber factsheet) from your qualification records or is it ok if some of them are not covered and hence the reason for the migrant gap training?

I’ve got most of the documentation together so I’m trying to update a matrix evidencing how each unit was covered but there are a few blanks 😬

Also are tax records required or will P60’s and payslips be enough? I can send bank statements too but would prefer not to unless needed!

Any advice appreciated!!

Thanks 😊
Old Jul 27th 2018, 2:51 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

The pay evidence you mentioned should be enough, but I would also advise using the HMRC link to apply for paid employment verification https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history

Regards,

Richard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.