NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London

Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London

Originally Posted by bezzanbob
MY OH and I went yesterday.

Not much on education but good to meet the state governments and to talk through various aspects of getting work. I suspect there are many of us who have spent a great deal longer researching our own particular scenario - ones which others only have a general idea about. You really can't expect an encyclopedic Knowledge and perhaps this is the way it should be!

Only interesting one was to be told by a state that I hadn't applied to that my skill, although still on the list today, will come off on the 1st of July - even though their list was updated on the 29th of June.

Perhaps my out of context question should be what is the difference between

Queensland
  • Skilled Sponsored Eligible Skills List
  • Eligible skills for the permanent residence visa

The URL for the page is http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3709

Any insight would be welcome.

Bezza
Which state was that then!?
Old Jun 29th 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Jenni,

Thought you'd have worked that out form the URL!

Qld want 'Manual Aarts' (Double use of the A to accentuate the vowel!) but seeming only until Wednesday.

Perhaps I'm misreading the Temporary visa and the 176 - makes no difference to us just interesting development.

Best thing at the expo was a Tasmania cube which the daughters love and a Koala!

Bezza
Old Jun 29th 2009, 3:53 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Jenni,

Thought you'd have worked that out form the URL!

Qld want 'Manual Aarts' (Double use of the A to accentuate the vowel!) but seeming only until Wednesday.

Perhaps I'm misreading the Temporary visa and the 176 - makes no difference to us just interesting development.

Best thing at the expo was a Tasmania cube which the daughters love and a Koala!

Bezza
I was in school when I replied, so hadn't clicked on the link....
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Forgiven - shalln't mention either when term ended or the length of the vacation just in case ....

What do you reckon to the two lists?

Is the Manual Aarts on the 886 hence temporary?

Getting ready to fly in nine days so a good taster of what may lie in store.

Bezza
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh and Jenni,

The DIMA man at the Vic seminar was suggesting 8 months for a CSL application and a who knows when for a non state/employer sponsored migrant.

Sorry - not great news but at least some news.

Bezza
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:52 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Forgiven - shalln't mention either when term ended or the length of the vacation just in case ....

What do you reckon to the two lists?

Is the Manual Aarts on the 886 hence temporary?

Getting ready to fly in nine days so a good taster of what may lie in store.

Bezza
I didn't really look @ them in great detail! You've already finished school? Where is it you teach? We finish here in NI 2moro....
Old Jun 29th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Finished last Friday - back on the 9th of August

Private boarding school so feast and famine
Old Jun 29th 2009, 8:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Oh and Jenni,

The DIMA man at the Vic seminar was suggesting 8 months for a CSL application and a who knows when for a non state/employer sponsored migrant.

Sorry - not great news but at least some news.

Bezza
That's nothing I don't already know, old news, but thanks for passing it on anyways!

Jenny
Old Jun 29th 2009, 8:19 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Finished last Friday - back on the 9th of August

Private boarding school so feast and famine
Bummer, we finish 2moro til the 1st Sept, woo hoo!