NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London

Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Post NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London

DIAC are holding a new expo in London on June 27-28 2009. Invitation only though. Get registered now and hope for an invite.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/overseas.htm#e
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London

Thanks for that. I've been keeping an eye out for one. We (my husband) went last year, there weren't really any jobs for his line of work but was a lot better than the commercial one as it was free for the same info.

If we go again, I think I'll try for an invite too as only the invited person is allowed in. I sat in a cafe opposite chatting to all of the other spouses and people just before they went over.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:58 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Originally Posted by ubdai
DIAC are holding a new expo in London on June 27-28 2009. Invitation only though. Get registered now and hope for an invite.

Brilliant thanks!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

ozzyhopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that
Just applying now.
the form to get an invite seems to want a lot of info about me.
Im just at the beginning of the whole migration process & Im wondering if this is for people with approved visas or to get companies to sponsor us.
Or is it for anyone ?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London

Originally Posted by ozzyhopefuls
Thanks for that
Just applying now.
Im just at the beginning of the whole migration process & Im wondering if this is for people with approved visas or to get companies to sponsor us.
Or is it for anyone ?
I think they need some background data on yourself to ascertain whether your skill is on required list and thus sending out an invite.
Waste of time giving out an invite if your skill isn't there.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozzyhopefuls
Thanks for that
Just applying now.
Or is it for anyone ?
It is for people at any stage in the process. We hadn't applied when we went last year. It is really good if you need sponorship, but you only get a 2 hour timeslot and have to queue a lot. So you have to be really prepared.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
It is for people at any stage in the process. We hadn't applied when we went last year. It is really good if you need sponorship, but you only get a 2 hour timeslot and have to queue a lot. So you have to be really prepared.
Anything you would recommend gets taken along apart from the obvious
eg CV /resume, qualifications, passport.

tia
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's pretty much it really. They tell you to take a small bottle of water as there are no refreshments, also no toilets available for public use. I'd say a notepad/paper. They e-mail you the companies/states that will be there in advance so that you can do some research. Although they suggest taking copies of degree certificates, we never used them - I'd still have them just in case!
Old May 15th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: NEWS FLASH - DIAC expo London BUMP

Originally Posted by ubdai

Just thought I'd bump this as its getting near the date. Also was wondering if anyone who applied has gotten any tickets /invite from DIAC to attend.

ubdai
Old May 15th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Hi there!

I am a nurse and applied for tickets back at the beginning of the year, but have heard nothing yet. Had completely forgotten about it to be perfectly honest cause it was so long ago now, and so much has been happening since then!

Would imagine they would be notifying people soon wouldn't you?!

Best of luck

Claire
Old May 15th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clairey b
Hi there!

I am a nurse and applied for tickets back at the beginning of the year, but have heard nothing yet. Had completely forgotten about it to be perfectly honest cause it was so long ago now, and so much has been happening since then!

Would imagine they would be notifying people soon wouldn't you?!

Best of luck

Claire
Hi Claire,
I seem to remember it taking ages to get the invite back. It will come though even if it's only a week before. You get a 15 min time slot in which to enter and I think you're allowed 2 hours (although they don't really kick you out, you'd probably have had enough by then). You will be the only one allowed in, spouses/friends/family aren't unless they've applied for an invite themselves. I spent the time my OH was there in starbucks or something across the road. I chatted to all the other people going in or waiting for their OHs.

Good luck.
Old May 15th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
Hi Claire,
I seem to remember it taking ages to get the invite back. It will come though even if it's only a week before. You get a 15 min time slot in which to enter and I think you're allowed 2 hours (although they don't really kick you out, you'd probably have had enough by then). You will be the only one allowed in, spouses/friends/family aren't unless they've applied for an invite themselves. I spent the time my OH was there in starbucks or something across the road. I chatted to all the other people going in or waiting for their OHs.

Good luck.
Many thanks for your reply. Will keep an eye out for invite to appear at some point then!

Did your OH find it worthwhile going?

Best of luck with your plans

Claire
Old May 15th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

For his profession (Electronics Engineer) not really, but there was a lot of healthcare stuff, so as a nurse I would say it should be really good for you. The other thing is that he isn't very good at talking to random people, whereas I just do so he didn't really "network" as much as some people might. They do a couple of presentations on the immigration process and on each of the states, so I think you choose your slot to tie in with the ones you want to go to. At the end of the day it only costs you your travel there and back. You're not allowed to use their toilets and there are no refreshments inside - it's all very strict before you go.
Old May 15th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Just double checked, our invite arrived just over 2 weeks before the event last year.
Old May 15th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for your help-really appreciated.

Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.