Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

NEW PRIORITY PROCESSING ANNOUNCED ON 19 JULY 2010 (merged threads)

NEW PRIORITY PROCESSING ANNOUNCED ON 19 JULY 2010 (merged threads)

Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:43 am
Just Joined

blue dragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW PRIORITY PROCESSING ANNOUNCED ON 19 JULY 2010 (merged threads)

may I know which state sponsor applicants for free? I believe WA and SA are now accepting charges. : ) Please advise. Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:19 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

Originally Posted by seban123
176 with SMP will have a better priority. I already have an 18 months old application in queue. And now planning to go for a new application which can only be paper based.

Does anyone know whether the procedure to change 175 to 176(priority2) is tedious in paper based applications.

Cheers
Seban
no its quite simple. if u get state sponsorship, state will inform DIAC and your application will be converted to 176 automatically.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 12:11 am
Just Joined

kalabordertown is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for 885 visa as an accountant and have 7 each in IELTS and i have applied after 1 july. Does anyone know how long will it take for processing as earlier accountants were processed within 6 months.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kalabordertown
I have applied for 885 visa as an accountant and have 7 each in IELTS and i have applied after 1 july. Does anyone know how long will it take for processing as earlier accountants were processed within 6 months.
According to new priorities, you are on category 3. So estimated time 18 months. CSL has finished and now there is no special treatement for accountants who have 7 each in IELTS. Good Luck !
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:29 pm
Florist in Melbourne

ciocan76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please help me to figure it out where do I stand: on 10 December I've got the assessment from ACS asco: 2231-17, on 2 January I've put the online application at DIAC.

I am on group priority 3 or 4? And why?

Thank you in advance for your time and explanations.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

khanzahid235 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ciocan76
Please help me to figure it out where do I stand: on 10 December I've got the assessment from ACS asco: 2231-17, on 2 January I've put the online application at DIAC.

I am on group priority 3 or 4? And why?

Thank you in advance for your time and explanations.

Priority 3
Old Aug 6th 2010, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AidinTV
I would be grateful if anyone explain this paragraph :

" Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements. "
Today I got the reply of my yesterday mail in context of the above announcment by DIAC;

"Thank you for the email. As of now you are not affected by the changes in the processing priorities. However this may change at any time if new directions are received"

so now its confirmed the Computing Professionals with CO are safe and no need to worry!

Cheers!
Old Aug 6th 2010, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

unmona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jovipk
Today I got the reply of my yesterday mail in context of the above announcment by DIAC;

"Thank you for the email. As of now you are not affected by the changes in the processing priorities. However this may change at any time if new directions are received"

so now its confirmed the Computing Professionals with CO are safe and no need to worry!

Cheers!
Sounds really good!! still there is a chance of new director though. Could you please share which CO team you have assigned?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:34 am
Just Joined

unmona is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=[/QUOTE]

Sounds really good!! still there is a chance of new direction though. Could you please share which CO team you got?

I am also having almost same situation and looking forward for next.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

ARIO is an unknown quantity at this point

my visa was granted on Aug 19th.

thanks gods,
wait for good news from your COs. there is not any worries for 2231-79 applicant, if an officer has been allocated to your case, the new priority doesn't affect you in any way.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

s4nju is an unknown quantity at this point

i called adelaide and they told me they are looking at april/may 2008 for visa applied from abroad and that they are working hard and will in the next few months be looking at my one which is june 2009. how true that is only a mater of time. guessing it will be not before my holiday to aus in december.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

zishan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ARIO
my visa was granted on Aug 19th.

thanks gods,
wait for good news from your COs. there is not any worries for 2231-79 applicant, if an officer has been allocated to your case, the new priority doesn't affect you in any way.
CONGRATULATIONS
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:02 am
Begin with d end in mind.

Nary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s4nju
i called adelaide and they told me they are looking at april/may 2008 for visa applied from abroad and that they are working hard and will in the next few months be looking at my one which is june 2009. how true that is only a mater of time. guessing it will be not before my holiday to aus in december.
Hi S4NJU

Can you please share your profession, as i m also Jun'09 applicant applied for south australia.

Thanks in advance.