Wikiposts

New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

mscrashed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Originally Posted by vslamba
I dont think there is need to withdraw your app, let things go , anyone who has talent whether third, fourth on any world country they will get a job :-) Most of the people in Microsoft, NASA are not native americans SO dont give up
NICE.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:43 pm
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vslamba
I dont think there is need to withdraw your app, let things go , anyone who has talent whether third, fourth on any world country they will get a job :-) Most of the people in Microsoft, NASA are not native americans SO dont give up
Even my country is third world country, there are lots of jobs here for every field compared to first world countries.

I am getting handsome salary with all the facilities, then why should I leave the job and goto the country where there is no surety of job.

With different posts here, I felt that there is a rescisam there and people don't like thirld world countries.

I am pround of being the citizen of thirld world country.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:01 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by husaing
Please bear in mind that this is just a forum for people to crib and share.
What the hell do you mean by 'crib' ?

CRIB = Copy/cheat
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Altavista
Even my country is third world country, there are lots of jobs here for every field compared to first world countries.

I am getting handsome salary with all the facilities, then why should I leave the job and goto the country where there is no surety of job.

With different posts here, I felt that there is a rescisam there and people don't like thirld world countries.

I am pround of being the citizen of thirld world country.
Who cares whether somone likes people from third world countries or not!! I at least don't care....

And one of my brother told ..we are working on 1/3 of their salary and there is no quality..then it means TOP IT companies who are recruiting more and more people in 3rd world countries are stupid? they don't care quality?

Let me tell you one thing very clear...may be our communication skills are that good.but at the end of that day there is only one TL or manager who is going to take care of client...rest all work will be done by people who are TECHNICALLY good...

I have been in USA...and I felt sad seeing First country people's attitude there...When we third world countires guys used to visit client location( We used to visit 2-3 times in a month, different client locations)...We always made sure no work in pending from our side and all clinet concerns are taken care...offcourse our TL was also from 3rd world country....but when we were with colleagues from FWC ...they all used to waste their time in the nearby pub( and that also on client's money...this is how they define their customer focus)....and all work will come to us. But as we are always sincere (does not matter how much pay we are getting) we always made sure there is no escalation...

So please just don't give the excuse of salary...its hard work, sinceriety also that is making most of the IT companies to shift their work to 3rd world countries...offcourse MONEY also matter..they running their business...
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Smile Re: New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Originally Posted by Axe
What the hell do you mean by 'crib' ?

CRIB = Copy/cheat
Hi
Sorry for wrong choice of words. I had to rush for a meeting. By cribbing, I meant people post lots of info from DIAC and news websites but offcourse that is not cribbing (unless the information is copyrighted). You can read that as (positive) cribbing... to put it lightly....
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by husaing
Hi Altavista/everyone,
Please bear in mind that this is just a forum for people to crib and share. People generally are comfortable being at extreme sides. It is no wonder that on this forum, you would have found some of the people saying there is absolute guarantee of job for IT professionals in AUS and anybody differing from this viewpoint deserves to be shot at point blank. The other set of people have written off the IT industry in AUS and they are seem to be suggesting that if you are an IT professional, either stay away from AUS or start thinking over changing the profession. And It being on CSl is a big big mistake on DIAC's part. To me truth lies somewhere in the middle or somewhere else. I worked in IT division of ANZ in Melbourne in 2006 and was very much in demand in those days. I came back due to personla reasons otherwise I was booked for that project till 2009 May. But I know this is not 2006 but rather 2009. What I was interested in that when AUS IT industry is going to recover to the levels of 2006. Maybe 2009 end, 2010, 2011? I'm open for frank answers and I believe people on ground zero will certainly have more visibility on this.
Also, if you are basing your decisions on the basis of talks on a public forum, you are going to have a tough time in this world.. I must tell
Thanx
Husain

NO matter in which country IT is Hit everywhere, be it US, UK, AUS, INDIA any place, but if you can get a job offer i dont see any reason why you should not go. The job will any ways be at stake in your local country too. I suggest go to a job portal and see your skills and jobs and then decide accordingly
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:26 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Who cares whether somone likes people from third world countries or not!! I at least don't care....

And one of my brother told ..we are working on 1/3 of their salary and there is no quality..then it means TOP IT companies who are recruiting more and more people in 3rd world countries are stupid? they don't care quality?

Let me tell you one thing very clear...may be our communication skills are that good.but at the end of that day there is only one TL or manager who is going to take care of client...rest all work will be done by people who are TECHNICALLY good...

I have been in USA...and I felt sad seeing First country people's attitude there...When we third world countires guys used to visit client location( We used to visit 2-3 times in a month, different client locations)...We always made sure no work in pending from our side and all clinet concerns are taken care...offcourse our TL was also from 3rd world country....but when we were with colleagues from FWC ...they all used to waste their time in the nearby pub( and that also on client's money...this is how they define their customer focus)....and all work will come to us. But as we are always sincere (does not matter how much pay we are getting) we always made sure there is no escalation...

So please just don't give the excuse of salary...its hard work, sinceriety also that is making most of the IT companies to shift their work to 3rd world countries...offcourse MONEY also matter..they running their business...
Do you expect people who work in IT to respect your opinion after reading your posts?

Had another encounter with one of our TW guys yesterday and despite his Masters in computing he is surprisingly poor at his job which is first level support.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't want to wade into a massive argument, but i'd say virtually all IT development that is off shored is mainly for cost reasons.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changes to the Skilled Migration Program - effective 16 March 2009

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has announced further changes to the Skilled Migration Program:
capping the 2008-09 General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program
removal of most trades from the Critical Skills List.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Roni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to the Skilled Migration Program - effective 16 March 2009

Originally Posted by mavios
The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has announced further changes to the Skilled Migration Program:
capping the 2008-09 General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program
removal of most trades from the Critical Skills List.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm
So this mean that will start to apply the new CSL from the moment of publishing!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

korn_bo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to the Skilled Migration Program - effective 16 March 2009

Originally Posted by Roni
So this mean that will start to apply the new CSL from the moment of publishing!

yep and this applies to current and new applications...
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged - no point in the same discussion in two threads, it confuses everyone.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nevster
Don't want to wade into a massive argument, but i'd say virtually all IT development that is off shored is mainly for cost reasons.
come on nevster stop been sensible and pointing out the obvious
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

i can tell you all now I/T jobs are common in Australia there is lots of people with great skills already & more flowing out of Uni, so make sure you have all the right qualifications & experience by july here you may expect more unemployment right across australia ( I Hope NOT) but thats life, government stats showed to date, nearly 36% drop in demand for trade people in QLD 33% drop in demand for trade people in Perth also mining has stopped, so it always has a knock on effect.???

all the best to all