New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Originally Posted by mavios
if everyone take time to read carefully before jump to post no panic will be caused. Some people here panic just because they don't see their skill on a list even if this list is better to not have your skill on
There is a lot of news about the visa numbers and new lists going around. People may be panicing before they read the spreadsheet so may not give it their full attention and panic even further.

Is there a new MODL?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Smile Re: New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

if everyone take time to read carefully before jump to post no panic will be caused. Some people here panic just because they don't see their skill on a list even if this list is better to not have your skill on

Now this is Eureka moment. You can not blame us because after today's bombshell everyone seems to be already in panic and it is highly unlikely that our minds will be able to think rationally in such situations. Given any ordinary day, I believe everyone would have got the logic behind the list. Thanx for the list and the patience afterwards

Thanx
Husain
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grantvt
There is a lot of news about the visa numbers and new lists going around. People may be panicing before they read the spreadsheet so may not give it their full attention and panic even further.

Is there a new MODL?
No new MODL list
You can check it easily, just go to immi.gov.au to check the list. They always put a date when this list was annouced. The current one is dated May 2008 if I'm not wrong.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by husaing

Now this is Eureka moment. You can not blame us because after today's bombshell everyone seems to be already in panic and it is highly unlikely that our minds will be able to think rationally in such situations. Given any ordinary day, I believe everyone would have got the logic behind the list. Thanx for the list and the patience afterwards

Thanx
Husain
lol, fair enough.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

No new MODL list
You can check it easily, just go to immi.gov.au to check the list. They always put a date when this list was annouced. The current one is dated May 2008 if I'm not wrong.
Hi
We are august 2008 applicants for 175 skilled visa paper based as bricklayer. This was put on the new CSL list in january so does anyone know where we stand now?
Has this been removed from CSL list?
Very confused!! Any info would be great.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:06 pm
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
We are august 2008 applicants for 175 skilled visa paper based as bricklayer. This was put on the new CSL list in january so does anyone know where we stand now?
It is no longer in the new list. Now you will have to wait longer.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

Hi
Hi sutty77,
As per the new list, you are on MODL but not on CSL anymore. My understanding so far is, in a layman's language, CSLs were the ones who were supposed to get a CO by end of May. Now, being 'demoted' to MODL from MODL+CSL, your application might take more time before a CO looks at it. Still, I would say that please be patient and wait for some official stuff on what will happen to MODLs and how are they going to go about current CSLs (here are two theories again: 1.Current CSLs might be finished sooner that later because of reduced numbers. 2.CSLs itself might be made to take more time as a response to the recession.) This is my piece of mind and take it in that spirit only
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Altavista
It is no longer in the new list. Now you will have to wait longer.
I would contact the DIAC or a migration agent for the full details. They may take it at the time you applied. If your occupation was on the CSL when your application was lodged you may still be considered on the CSL.
I know this is the case with Computer Professionals on the MODL.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by grantvt
I would contact the DIAC or a migration agent for the full details. They may take it at the time you applied. If your occupation was on the CSL when your application was lodged you may still be considered on the CSL.
I know this is the case with Computer Professionals on the MODL.
WHO DO I RING TO FIND THIS INFORMATION OUT PLEASE?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Hi another thing crossed my mind but I am not finding many takers to that idea. DIAC might be generous enough to enforce the todays's changes only going forward. I mean, you may be judged against the policies in place when you applied and not get affected due to any changes aftewards. Let's wait for some more official stuff on this.
Thanx
Husain
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:16 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Consider applying for State Sponsorship - Bricklayers are still on certain State/Territory wanted skills lists, facilitating priority processing under subclass 176.

Best regards.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

One very important point for all you "computer professionals" out there. You may still be able to apply for the visa, but don't plan on getting a job. IT in all it's forms is being scaled back severely in Oz; outsourcing is in vogue as well which means the company gets crap work, which ends up costing the same in the long run but a fad is a fad.

As for sponsorship - forget it unless you a real guru in something with bucket loads of real experience, not just certs.

The government really should have cut IT back as well; the hard fact of life is there isn't enough work for those who are here now.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

WHO DO I RING TO FIND THIS INFORMATION OUT PLEASE?
Contact the DIAC directly, their details are on their website or find a good agent (try searching over the net) or get in contact with one who is on this forum.

I would wait until tomorrow if possible though, the info you looking for may still need to be published or it may come up in the forums.

I have found the DIAC to be very considerate so they may enforce this change only from today onwards but thats just my experience with them and my thoughts, good luck.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
One very important point for all you "computer professionals" out there. You may still be able to apply for the visa, but don't plan on getting a job. IT in all it's forms is being scaled back severely in Oz; outsourcing is in vogue as well which means the company gets crap work, which ends up costing the same in the long run but a fad is a fad.

As for sponsorship - forget it unless you a real guru in something with bucket loads of real experience, not just certs.

The government really should have cut IT back as well; the hard fact of life is there isn't enough work for those who are here now.
There are numerous IT skills. I believe that if you keep you skills current and focused on the latest technology there is still some hope. Im not saying it will be a breeze finding a job and that everyones skills are still in demand but to say "all you computer professionals out there" is not correct in my view. You would need to give further details and stats.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002

And yet ... http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...t/1459832.aspx

Are you in the ACT? If not, maybe that is the place for IT professionals to be based?

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.