Wikiposts

New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:17 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default Re: New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Originally Posted by ex_exile
OK, new list is effective immediatly but I *think* like MODL being on the list at any point is good enough to retain MODL. But I dont have the posted reference and of course the info may have been clarified later.
well I certainly hope you are right
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

My original post has brought me some insults. Fair enough, I'm a big boy. I don't post any statistics to justify my opinion; it's what I have picked up from the media, IT forums, personal experience and those of my colleagues and friends.

To some of my detractors; if you still waiting to get your visa and arrive, you know nothing about the job market here. Almost everywhere has a hiring freeze, is looking at outsourcing or is making people redundant. The contractor market has basically died. I'm in a good permanent job but that could go tomorrow. [And I'm in a good position; 20 years of aussie/uk experience across many fields backed with an engineering degree].

Another poster has alluded to those coming from "third-world" countries; in effect anyone who is not from the UK/Europe/US or has doesn't have a few years experience there - you WILL find it very hard to find a job; companies here mainly look for "local" experience first; then they will look at overseas experience in the above named locations; anywhere else really doesn't matter. That may indeed be rascist in outlook; but it's the way things are here.

ANYONE who is looking to emigrate to Australia; unless you have a good, solid job offer with a PR visa, you are taking a big risk. Australia is an expensive place to live and you won't get any money out of the government.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:09 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
My original post has brought me some insults. Fair enough, I'm a big boy. I don't post any statistics to justify my opinion; it's what I have picked up from the media, IT forums, personal experience and those of my colleagues and friends.

To some of my detractors; if you still waiting to get your visa and arrive, you know nothing about the job market here. Almost everywhere has a hiring freeze, is looking at outsourcing or is making people redundant. The contractor market has basically died. I'm in a good permanent job but that could go tomorrow. [And I'm in a good position; 20 years of aussie/uk experience across many fields backed with an engineering degree].

Another poster has alluded to those coming from "third-world" countries; in effect anyone who is not from the UK/Europe/US or has doesn't have a few years experience there - you WILL find it very hard to find a job; companies here mainly look for "local" experience first; then they will look at overseas experience in the above named locations; anywhere else really doesn't matter. That may indeed be rascist in outlook; but it's the way things are here.

ANYONE who is looking to emigrate to Australia; unless you have a good, solid job offer with a PR visa, you are taking a big risk. Australia is an expensive place to live and you won't get any money out of the government.
absolutely spot on

but what do i know i`m only an electrical contractor working in south qld
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Hoofie did you watch Chris Evans on the 6 o Clock news last night? he said the same thing........

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...52#post7384052

PS

My 2 best friends both in the construction game (Carpenters) been working for the last 3 years on 457 and have just lodged their ENS last week phoned Agent/DIAC after yesterdays news in a panic...... but were told that CSL does not apply to ENS 856 and because their companies are sponsoring them and they already have a job they should be sweet.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Mar 16th 2009 at 12:47 pm. Reason: PS added
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:10 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the most sensible post I have seen in a long time, I fully agree with everything you've said and it is 100% accurate.
IT has been hit really hard here (I work for a huge global IT service provider in a role which has a focus around staffing levels) the market here is flooded with applicants for any roles that do exist and the volume of roles is virtually zero at present.
Your absolutely right those coming from what's previously been refered to as a "third world country" would be well advised to save your money and remain where you are, you will find it near on impossible to secure work here and it is an expensive place to live without work.

I can see towards the end of this year this whole forum being full of people complaining and slagging off the system because they came over, paid for their visa and didnt manage to find work. Be warned.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve99
This is the most sensible post I have seen in a long time, I fully agree with everything you've said and it is 100% accurate.
IT has been hit really hard here (I work for a huge global IT service provider in a role which has a focus around staffing levels) the market here is flooded with applicants for any roles that do exist and the volume of roles is virtually zero at present.
Your absolutely right those coming from what's previously been refered to as a "third world country" would be well advised to save your money and remain where you are, you will find it near on impossible to secure work here and it is an expensive place to live without work.

I can see towards the end of this year this whole forum being full of people complaining and slagging off the system because they came over, paid for their visa and didnt manage to find work. Be warned.
right.

i can say the same thing about accounting. All big accounting firms have hiring freeze or are laying ppl off. If you are an accountant/auditor and especially coming straight from third world country, be aware. Australia is not a bed of roses
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Give the man some Karma
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Some posters in here have commented about their high skill level in fields such as IT or other professions . I think australia is a great place to live but is not necessarily best place for professional development. I think that australia is decades behind europe and especially North America.

so if you reckon professinal development is a high priority in ur life, its better than you stay away from australia.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:50 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slippery30
Some posters in here have commented about their high skill level in fields such as IT or other professions . I think australia is a great place to live but is not necessarily best place for professional development. I think that australia is decades behind europe and especially North America.

so if you reckon professinal development is a high priority in ur life, its better than you stay away from australia.
That's a load of sCrap.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:51 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your sensible comments. It sounds like the long wait for a visa is not such a bad thing after all.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ex_exile
That's a load of sCrap.
Hi ex,
What is a load of crap? Comment of slippery30(regarding professional dev) or the comment behind comment of slippery30(high skill levels of some people). Please clarify.
Thanx
Husain
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

mscrashed is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys what you are saying might be a fact but its not that only Australia is affected, its a global problem now. and I see no reason sort listing the applicants like you said. Because companies know these people are more or equally qualified than applicants and employees from your said locations ( What should call the bunch...First World Country!) and they can be hired with lesser salary. ultimately IT pros from developing countries are optimum options considering current global economic meltdown.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:23 pm
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't mean to heart any body, may be I got disturbed with these changing policies and job market.

Sincere apologies to those who heart.

Well, in such horrific situation in Australia, it is better to stay in your home country. I have now decided to withdraw my application. May be in future I would apply again when situation comes better.

After all, I love my home country even it is third world country.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Altavista
I didn't mean to heart any body, may be I got disturbed with these changing policies and job market.

Well, in such horrific situation in Australia, it is better to stay in your home country. I have now decided to withdraw my application. May be in future I would apply again when situation comes better.

I dont think there is need to withdraw your app, let things go , anyone who has talent whether third, fourth on any world country they will get a job :-) Most of the people in Microsoft, NASA are not native americans SO dont give up
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: New CSL has been posted on IMMI.gov.au

Originally Posted by Altavista

Hi Altavista/everyone,
Please bear in mind that this is just a forum for people to crib and share. People generally are comfortable being at extreme sides. It is no wonder that on this forum, you would have found some of the people saying there is absolute guarantee of job for IT professionals in AUS and anybody differing from this viewpoint deserves to be shot at point blank. The other set of people have written off the IT industry in AUS and they are seem to be suggesting that if you are an IT professional, either stay away from AUS or start thinking over changing the profession. And It being on CSl is a big big mistake on DIAC's part. To me truth lies somewhere in the middle or somewhere else. I worked in IT division of ANZ in Melbourne in 2006 and was very much in demand in those days. I came back due to personla reasons otherwise I was booked for that project till 2009 May. But I know this is not 2006 but rather 2009. What I was interested in that when AUS IT industry is going to recover to the levels of 2006. Maybe 2009 end, 2010, 2011? I'm open for frank answers and I believe people on ground zero will certainly have more visibility on this.
Also, if you are basing your decisions on the basis of talks on a public forum, you are going to have a tough time in this world.. I must tell
Thanx
Husain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.