May 2007 VISA Applicants

Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

the4macs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: May 2007 VISA Applicants

Hi Elaine
what is a pre ack? i hear everyone talking about
We have an appointment booked in Downpatrick co Down 21/08/07 i don't know if were going to go ahead with it.The agent is def against it she wants us to wait on our case number.But im hoping it will come before the appointmentwhat part of northern Ireland are you from?
we are also hoping to go to the Gold coast Birkdale,Wellington point area.have you looked at the schools yet? what age are your children if you even have any?
chat soon Elaine
Andrea
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:02 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Its still very quiet, has no body heard anything yet? this is really doing my head in waiting, should of recieved acknowledgement over 4 weeks ago and ive heard nothing,meds have been frontloaded and we have sold house so i hope it wont be much longer, dont fancy moving in with the MIL.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Hi the4macs

It clearly states not on the australian government website that if cases are straightforward frontloading meds and police checks is advisable as it speeds up the process of visa issue once you get a case officer.

The medicals and police checks however are only valid for a year, so for example if you have them done in august you must validate your visa in australia by next august. I reckon if you think you will have everything tied up in the uk by then ie motgage etc I would get them done
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4macs
Hi Elaine
what is a pre ack? i hear everyone talking about
We have an appointment booked in Downpatrick co Down 21/08/07 i don't know if were going to go ahead with it.The agent is def against it she wants us to wait on our case number.But im hoping it will come before the appointmentwhat part of northern Ireland are you from?
we are also hoping to go to the Gold coast Birkdale,Wellington point area.have you looked at the schools yet? what age are your children if you even have any?
chat soon Elaine
Andrea
Hi Andrea

I haven't booked medicals yet but think i might do it this wk and hope we get ack b4 they are due (doing them in Coleraine)

Hubby is a baker, I childmind part time we have 2 kids girl 11 she is due to start grammer school in sept, boy 10(who thinks he won't go back to school until we get to Oz!) haven't looked at schools yet the plan is when we get there take a 6wk holiday look at different areas before deciding where to settle.

Elaine
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all May applicants,
quick update to say we frontloaded our medicals yesterday, glad it's over as i was not looking foward to them, though there is nothing to worry about, we had to hang around a while but everything seemed ok and all being well will be on their way to sydney next week.
Now we just need acknowledgement.
Claire
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

stephen1spurs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all May applications

Just to let everyone now that i have received acknowledgment today 25/07/2007. My application was lodge on the 1/05/2007 hope this is the beginning off may acknowledgment.

Hope everyone hears soon

Stephen
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

magic8ball is an unknown quantity at this point

OOOHHHHHH...

Moving then, mine was sent on the 2nd May...

FINGERS CROSSED....
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hunt66
Hi all May applicants,
quick update to say we frontloaded our medicals yesterday, glad it's over as i was not looking foward to them, though there is nothing to worry about, we had to hang around a while but everything seemed ok and all being well will be on their way to sydney next week.
Now we just need acknowledgement.
Claire
Hi Claire
We also had our medicals yesterday (frontloading), it was alot easier than I expected, it makes you wonder why we were worrying so much
When they finally get round to opening our files it will all be there waiting for them
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
Hi Claire
We also had our medicals yesterday (frontloading), it was alot easier than I expected, it makes you wonder why we were worrying so much
When they finally get round to opening our files it will all be there waiting for them
Hi,
It just seems strange that we have done all we can now and all that's left is waiting and more waiting, though from the above comment it looks like acknowledgement for May applicants has started, yipeee. Not that we are in any rush as we can't really move over until this time next year. When do you hope to make the big move?
Claire
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Hi,
It just seems strange that we have done all we can now and all that's left is waiting and more waiting, though from the above comment it looks like acknowledgement for May applicants has started, yipeee. Not that we are in any rush as we can't really move over until this time next year. When do you hope to make the big move?
Claire
Lets hope cause we have done everything upfront the nice people from Diac will give us our visa quickly
As soon as we have the visa, the house will go on the market so it depends on how long it takes to sell! The plan is to go around Feb 08.
Where abouts are you hoping to go? We are heading for Melbourne
Amanda
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Solly11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My application for Last Remaining Relative went in on the 8/5/07. I am using an immigration lawyer in Perth haven't heard anything yet. Is anybody out there in the same situation as me! And has anyone any idea on average how long it will take to process
Solly:-)
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
Lets hope cause we have done everything upfront the nice people from Diac will give us our visa quickly
As soon as we have the visa, the house will go on the market so it depends on how long it takes to sell! The plan is to go around Feb 08.
Where abouts are you hoping to go? We are heading for Melbourne
Amanda
Hi Amanda,
We hope to settle in the Gold Coast but as we have not yet visited Australia this may change. We hope to go for a holiday and to validate as soon as the visa comes through (fingers crossed).
Claire
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Solly11
Hi,
My application for Last Remaining Relative went in on the 8/5/07. I am using an immigration lawyer in Perth haven't heard anything yet. Is anybody out there in the same situation as me! And has anyone any idea on average how long it will take to process
Solly:-)
Hi,
We are applying for a 136 skilled visa so not the same, I am hoing for a quick turnaround but it can take months yet. There is another web site austimeline or something like that, that shows how long people have waited for a visa, it may have information on your type of visa.
Good Luck lets hope it speeds up for us May applicants.
Claire
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Solly11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are applying for a 136 skilled visa so not the same, I am hoing for a quick turnaround but it can take months yet. There is another web site austimeline or something like that, that shows how long people have waited for a visa, it may have information on your type of visa.
Good Luck lets hope it speeds up for us May applicants.
Claire
Will go do a search know.
Good luck with your application.

Cheers
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi Amanda,
We hope to settle in the Gold Coast but as we have not yet visited Australia this may change. We hope to go for a holiday and to validate as soon as the visa comes through (fingers crossed).
Claire
Hi Claire
As we are on an STNI with Victoria we will be staying in Melbourne (hopefully we will like it as we have never been to Oz before). We have decided not to bother with validating first we are just going to pack up and go
Luckily our two boys are up for an 'adventure'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.