Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!!

Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all
Default Re: Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!!

Originally Posted by Nozzys
Update.
Had a good day today, sold my van, sold the car this evening, have just finished compiling my ARTC portfolio was going to send it next week but its so large it would need air freight i think so sending it when we get to brisbane.
Cv and other documents emailed this evening to agency in brisbane and appointment made to meet with them on 25th October.
Bank accounts now set up with westpac in brisbane just got to show passport on arrival.
Only down side is the aus$ has dropped a a point so we now getting a lot less for our cash hope it dont drop much further.
And our Dog and cat are going to be filmed by animal planet when we drop them off at par air as they are doing a documentary about emigrating animals...oh yes and they want to interview owner Nat said "you taking them then not me"

Steve
Hi Steve just wondering how much more info you put in your ARTC we have just got visa so on to next step more bloody paper work and waiting lol

Oh works full time as an electrician but does a lot of jobs on ths side for himself which we didnt put in TRA. Dont know if we should get references for these to put in artc.

Thanks Lorna
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Update.
Had a good day today, sold my van, sold the car this evening, have just finished compiling my ARTC portfolio was going to send it next week but its so large it would need air freight i think so sending it when we get to brisbane.
Cv and other documents emailed this evening to agency in brisbane and appointment made to meet with them on 25th October.
Bank accounts now set up with westpac in brisbane just got to show passport on arrival.
Only down side is the aus$ has dropped a a point so we now getting a lot less for our cash hope it dont drop much further.
And our Dog and cat are going to be filmed by animal planet when we drop them off at par air as they are doing a documentary about emigrating animals...oh yes and they want to interview owner Nat said "you taking them then not me"
Steve
Well done you, you have been busy, must look out for you on the Telly then what sort of dog have you got so we don't confuse you with anyone else
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Guys,

Just done and sent ARTC off from UK. OH Sparky too. I have included everything again in ARTC that i did in TRA but with updated work reference. Si is a subby. I have also included visa stuff and original copy of TRA pass and letter that came with it. Made it all decision ready. it was delivered to Melbourne on the 15th September so 10 days in tomorrow, god it takes me back to the TRA wait. bloody nightmare cos without the cert you dont get to work! Dont think its as bad as the visa!!

Well will let you know, lorna if you pm me your email i'll send you the contents sheet for it or anything else you may need.

Nozzys good luck with it. i know of a website you can do your Bluecard on too for $80ish, you can work in Perth or Qld with it. if youwant the link both of you pm me. it only works out about $20 more than going to a centre and it's all done before you get there, more convienient for us.

S-j x
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:33 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys hope you dont mind me joining the thread, we are may applicants and are moving to the sunshine coast, we fly over on the 10th of november, with or without visas, everything has been processed just awaiting a decision, hubby has a job offer so if it all falls through they are willing to sponsor him, house is sold will complete in 4 weeks, atlantis removals came today and took our stuff only 10 boxes and a huge tool box, they were really friendly and very helpful would recomend them anytime and they were the cheapest, any way if anyone has any advice in the move would really appreciate it, do any of you have the links for the to do lists as i cant seem to find them, did save them on my computer but they took that away today so using laptop, good luck to everyone in the same boat, colleen xx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by collybabe24
Hi guys hope you dont mind me joining the thread, we are may applicants and are moving to the sunshine coast, we fly over on the 10th of november, with or without visas, everything has been processed just awaiting a decision, hubby has a job offer so if it all falls through they are willing to sponsor him, house is sold will complete in 4 weeks, atlantis removals came today and took our stuff only 10 boxes and a huge tool box, they were really friendly and very helpful would recomend them anytime and they were the cheapest, any way if anyone has any advice in the move would really appreciate it, do any of you have the links for the to do lists as i cant seem to find them, did save them on my computer but they took that away today so using laptop, good luck to everyone in the same boat, colleen xx
Pm me your email address Colleen, as we are off to sunny coast too, arrive 27th Nov and got a few bits you might find useful and put all the to do lists on one file on my lappy.. i'll send you what i have chick. x S-j x

Welcome to the thread hon.. whats the occupation? Dont you need to be in UK when you get your visa? How old are your kids and where do you plan on settling on SC??
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:03 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Pm me your email address Colleen, as we are off to sunny coast too, arrive 27th Nov and got a few bits you might find useful and put all the to do lists on one file on my lappy.. i'll send you what i have chick. x S-j x

Welcome to the thread hon.. whats the occupation? Dont you need to be in UK when you get your visa? How old are your kids and where do you plan on settling on SC??
Thanks bab will pm you, kids are 16 months and 3, hubby is a mechanic he has got a job in maroochydore so maybe buderim, mountain creek area as ive heard there are some good schools, we are staying at the nevana villa for 2 months till something else comes take a look at cotton tree real estate, we can get the visas as long as we go to new zealand and re enter oz to validate them, i know its a big risk so hopefully visas come before we go, if not looks like we are having a holiday in new zealand.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Hi Steve just wondering how much more info you put in your ARTC we have just got visa so on to next step more bloody paper work and waiting lol

Oh works full time as an electrician but does a lot of jobs on ths side for himself which we didnt put in TRA. Dont know if we should get references for these to put in artc.

Thanks Lorna
I have included "everything" as i work for myself and have a ltd co. set up, have sent certs of incorporation, my part p certs, qualifications, invoices showing materials bought, invoices to customers, H&S qualifications, stat decs, refrences, etc etc am sending a lot more stuff than did to TRA as these guys can be very picky am trying to make aplication as unamabiguous as possible.

Steve
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by somme
Well done you, you have been busy, must look out for you on the Telly then what sort of dog have you got so we don't confuse you with anyone else
I am one with short hair and shaggy coat
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pm'd you back Colleen and Steve x
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Lorna
One other thing i am sending is certified copies of a range of test certs from jobs, from full installation to minor works.

Steve
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

yes Steve, sent those in too. They cant dispute your trade then can they or can they those Aussie boys can seem to do anything they want! I emailed you love, right i'm off to bed now i'm whacked! See you all tomorrow x S-j x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Roll on the 18th!!!!! cant get motivated to work as this is my last week, and when i do i get bloody soaked TWICEIF its raining tommorow I am stopping in bed!!
Think its time for a cold one

Steve
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

One other thing i am sending is certified copies of a range of test certs from jobs, from full installation to minor works.

Steve
Thanks very much for info think more stressed about artc than we were for TRA. Suppose just going to have to put everything possible in. Our agent said not to put private jobs in tra as it would confuse the ozzies but think will put the lot in artc coz if we fail this we are stuffed. And seen a post about someone failing it!

Thanks Lorna
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for info think more stressed about artc than we were for TRA. Suppose just going to have to put everything possible in. Our agent said not to put private jobs in tra as it would confuse the ozzies but think will put the lot in artc coz if we fail this we are stuffed. And seen a post about someone failing it!

Thanks Lorna
Thats my main concern, have worked in just about every field of electrical engineering and some! during last 24 years including senior management, my biggest fear is them saying sorry we dont recognise these qualifications after spending £20k getting there, dont mind doing odd training course but will not go back to college at my age (old) to get an ozzie qualification, annoying thing is there regs are derived from the IEE !!!
Finger crossed for all march sparkies

Steve
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Hi everyone things are moving again with our little thread nice to hear some good news for our marchies. My mum is still having a bad time at the moment and Im trying to stay focused on our move (cancelled it last time when I lost my brother and am not doing it again) Ive found a school for Sophie now just going to enroll her its St Marys in Cairns its a Catholic school (we are not Catholic but I think it sounds a good school). There is also a holiday village near the school where I think we will book into for our first month Cairns Gateway resort not too highly priced and the location is perfect next door to the school. So we can look for rentals and be near the family too. Ive been sorting out finances today aswell if the house doesnt sell we can have a 5 month payment break so that should hopefully get us some time to get validated etc.Neil will have to return if it doesnt sell by march. Thats all from me for now there is so many things to think off one thing leads to so many others. Has anyone thought about life insurance are you keeping existing policies for a while or looking for new ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.