Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!!

Old Sep 11th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all
Default Re: Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!!

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Debs love, i'm afraid we are going to Queensland now. but apparently their is work on the Penninsula, however the A Class Licence he will need after TRA, ARTC is a bitch apparently! Have a look on the Sparkie forum on main page there's been plenty of slagging off about it... Its been said frequently that it's the hardest state to get a licence in.......... Good luck hon... S-j x
Removals booked for 11/12 Oct , animals provisionaly booked to fly 15th oct, closing bank accounts, told school kids leaving 5th oct, Nat and me finishing 5th also, just got to sort a few loose ends with some piddly little pensions and we good to go...... I think bound to find something else

steve
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nozzys
Removals booked for 11/12 Oct , animals provisionaly booked to fly 15th oct, closing bank accounts, told school kids leaving 5th oct, Nat and me finishing 5th also, just got to sort a few loose ends with some piddly little pensions and we good to go...... I think bound to find something else

steve
Steve, there will be loads that pop up!! good thing is you're getting on with it, with no messing around. x S-j x
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Please can we join this thread now - got our Visa Grants today!!!! Planning our move for the 18th October, complete on house on 15th October.

Nat X
Nat I can't beleive you are moving so quickly, how are things going?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

steve
Glad to see all is running smoothly. We will be the same as you once visa is granted one months notice given and flights booked then off to go. We have the small amount of things we are taken packed ready for removal firm to collect and dispatch only problem will be finding a rental to coinside with us arriving.Have you got somewhere to stay once you get there?
We are aiming for the 4th Dec right in holiday time!!
Never mind don't want to put it off though, don't want to prolong the inevitable for our parents.
Teryna
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bundybell
Glad to see all is running smoothly. We will be the same as you once visa is granted one months notice given and flights booked then off to go. We have the small amount of things we are taken packed ready for removal firm to collect and dispatch only problem will be finding a rental to coinside with us arriving.Have you got somewhere to stay once you get there?
We are aiming for the 4th Dec right in holiday time!!
Never mind don't want to put it off though, don't want to prolong the inevitable for our parents.
Teryna
Hi T, we are stopping with Nats uncle in the short term until we get sorted with rental or buy, things are running fairly smoothly at present, apart from the odd policy/contract we are trying to cancel and having to talk to a call centre in india, where they have no grasp on what you are trying to do!!! all i can say is "3" mobile wont get there there last bill paid !!!!!

Steve
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Hi all im having a rotten time at the moment my mums just about having a breakdown now since our home went on the market and is really putting the pressure on i feel awful, weve had a quote for removal company and it was 4,778 pounds to cairns i think this is expensive what do you think? think she seen us coming eh was expecting 3,500- 4,000 Im really down at the moment. Dont know where to start to be honest to get back into gear. All that my daughter said was we can stop it now you just have to say and nana wont be upset anymore.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi all im having a rotten time at the moment my mums just about having a breakdown now since our home went on the market and is really putting the pressure on i feel awful, weve had a quote for removal company and it was 4,778 pounds to cairns i think this is expensive what do you think? think she seen us coming eh was expecting 3,500- 4,000 Im really down at the moment. Dont know where to start to be honest to get back into gear. All that my daughter said was we can stop it now you just have to say and nana wont be upset anymore.
Im sorry your having a hard time from your mum.
All i can say is that my mum was the same for a while she wouldnt talk about it at all. Now just recently shes more accepting of it even asks when we will be going. I think it was the hardest time when our house was on the market, we sold last Dec so shes had time to come to terms with it.
Ive appealed to her as a mum ive told her its the last thing i can do for MY children to give them a better future. She knows this country is not what it used to be and has become a scary place to live.I think this was the turning point. i love my family but as a mum i must put my family first.

Im sure she will come round just give her time a?
hang on in there
Teryna
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bundybell
Im sorry your having a hard time from your mum.
All i can say is that my mum was the same for a while she wouldnt talk about it at all. Now just recently shes more accepting of it even asks when we will be going. I think it was the hardest time when our house was on the market, we sold last Dec so shes had time to come to terms with it.
Ive appealed to her as a mum ive told her its the last thing i can do for MY children to give them a better future. She knows this country is not what it used to be and has become a scary place to live.I think this was the turning point. i love my family but as a mum i must put my family first.

Im sure she will come round just give her time a?
hang on in there
Teryna
Thanks Teryna I know we have to give it a try but it feels like everything is stacking up against us to stop it from working now. Its my brothers birthday tomorrow who died 4 years ago so I know its a bad week for us all just cant cope with seeing her grieving for us too. The thing is we are the solid ones that everyone comes to in a crisis and its hitting home now we are going to go ahead with it so its coming at us from all angles at the moment grand parents the lot. I feel so selfish as a nurse its not the done thing to put yourself first is it? It will pass Im sure just feel like booking flights and doing a moonlight flit!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Teryna I know we have to give it a try but it feels like everything is stacking up against us to stop it from working now. Its my brothers birthday tomorrow who died 4 years ago so I know its a bad week for us all just cant cope with seeing her grieving for us too. The thing is we are the solid ones that everyone comes to in a crisis and its hitting home now we are going to go ahead with it so its coming at us from all angles at the moment grand parents the lot. I feel so selfish as a nurse its not the done thing to put yourself first is it? It will pass Im sure just feel like booking flights and doing a moonlight flit!
I know sometimes you just feel like saying 'what about me' there is only so much giving one can do. Im always the strong one in our family always the one that is phoned when something goes wrong or is ill.
Yes being a nurse makes it hard to switch off!! We have it at work and at home.
Hang on in there it will all come right in the end. As a mum she will see why you are doing it, we have to do whats best for our children and if some one is hurt along the way so be it. We never set out to hurt them.
good luck
Teryna
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time - we have extremes with both our mums - OH's mum is on the computer all the time looking everything up and really excited about where we are going and my mum is really struggling even talking about it. We fly on the 18th October so not looking forward to that last week. But we feel we have to take this chance now - don't want to look back later on and think "I wish ..............". Got to be more to life out there for us and the kids than there is here.

On the shipping front - have you tried PSS - we have been quoted £3,500 for shipping (four bedroom house) Northampton to Brisbane.

Nat X
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by somme
Nat I can't beleive you are moving so quickly, how are things going?
Great thanks - finish work next Thursday (27th Sept), OH finishes 28th then we close down his business. Kids finish school on 5th October. Shippers come in on Thursday 11th to pack boxes, container arriving 12th for boxes to be packed in and sealed and sent off, taking dog and cat to Colchester ready for their flight on Monday 15th October, also complete on the house on Monday 15th October and we fly to Brisbane on Thursday 18th October. Phew!

My cousins are over from Brisbane stoppnig with us this week which is great because we are getting lots of tips before we get there!

How are your plans coming along?

Nat X
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time - we have extremes with both our mums - OH's mum is on the computer all the time looking everything up and really excited about where we are going and my mum is really struggling even talking about it. We fly on the 18th October so not looking forward to that last week. But we feel we have to take this chance now - don't want to look back later on and think "I wish ..............". Got to be more to life out there for us and the kids than there is here.

On the shipping front - have you tried PSS - we have been quoted £3,500 for shipping (four bedroom house) Northampton to Brisbane.

Nat X
Hi guys,

we just had crown around and fully packed and unpacked either side and for 670ish cuft (20ft container is 800cuft) they quoted us £3250 but they will move on this if you ask. 4 bed home too, but minus the beds and sofa's.

gonna pack myself i think, i'll just chuck it all in a box and hope for the best, but bet you i will half the cuft!!!!

S-j xxxxxxxxxxxx sophjam, dont worry about parents they will come around, my MIL was a nightmare but now she can just about 'talk' about it!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:23 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Hi guys,

we just had crown around and fully packed and unpacked either side and for 670ish cuft (20ft container is 800cuft) they quoted us £3250 but they will move on this if you ask. 4 bed home too, but minus the beds and sofa's.

gonna pack myself i think, i'll just chuck it all in a box and hope for the best, but bet you i will half the cuft!!!!
i thoght u said you weren't taking much ?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshviking
i thoght u said you weren't taking much ?
we wasnt, but i got a quote for everything just in case it was worth it... defo not our stuff is shit anyway...

S-j (with a big hangover)
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Update.
Had a good day today, sold my van, sold the car this evening, have just finished compiling my ARTC portfolio was going to send it next week but its so large it would need air freight i think so sending it when we get to brisbane.
Cv and other documents emailed this evening to agency in brisbane and appointment made to meet with them on 25th October.
Bank accounts now set up with westpac in brisbane just got to show passport on arrival.
Only down side is the aus$ has dropped a a point so we now getting a lot less for our cash hope it dont drop much further.
And our Dog and cat are going to be filmed by animal planet when we drop them off at par air as they are doing a documentary about emigrating animals...oh yes and they want to interview owner Nat said "you taking them then not me"

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.