March 2009 Applicants

Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:55 am
Just Joined

leon_jackson1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: March 2009 and still waiting, anyone else?

yes, we're there as well. but you've had more info than us. We had to contact them as we hadn't heard anything at all. Our 175 went in March 2009, medicals were finalised June 2009....then nothing we contacted after 1 year 3 mths to ask what was happening. we received a standard reply. i am applying under hairdressing which is no longer on the CSL...so what does that mean?? does this affect our application even though when we applied it was on the list?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

ive got no idea weve gone with an agent and ive not heard from them for about 8 months!!! sent emails today to our agent and also to visa processor to ask advice

will update if and when i get a reply
marie x
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Default applied for 175 March 2009 how do changes affect us?

Anyone out there that can help. our 175 visa was submitted March 2009, medicals were finalised June 2009....then nothing. We left it about 1yr 3mths as we figured it was just going through the process, but then having still not heard anything we emailed ASPC. We received a standard reply detailing the new changes but this left us no clearer as to where our visa stood. i am applying under hairdressing which is no longer on the CSL...so what does that mean?? does this affect our application even though when we applied it was on the list? does this now put us into Cat 4, regardless of the list when we applied? we are thinking of contacting Australia House, London, but will they be able to tell us anything more? has anyone else been at this point and found an answer?
This is very frustrating!!
We really want to know as i hit 45 soon, so would need to apply under a different visa. i am also a teacher so this would be possible.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

zishan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: applied for 175 March 2009 how do changes affect us?

Originally Posted by leon_jackson1
Anyone out there that can help. our 175 visa was submitted March 2009, medicals were finalised June 2009....then nothing. We left it about 1yr 3mths as we figured it was just going through the process, but then having still not heard anything we emailed ASPC. We received a standard reply detailing the new changes but this left us no clearer as to where our visa stood. i am applying under hairdressing which is no longer on the CSL...so what does that mean?? does this affect our application even though when we applied it was on the list? does this now put us into Cat 4, regardless of the list when we applied? we are thinking of contacting Australia House, London, but will they be able to tell us anything more? has anyone else been at this point and found an answer?
We really want to know as i hit 45 soon, so would need to apply under a different visa. i am also a teacher so this would be possible.
Better to send an email to your CO.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:27 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leon_jackson1
You are now category 4 as hairdresser not on schedule 3. This probably means processing sometime after the sun burns out

If you still want to get to Oz might be best to look into a new application. Just my opinion though

Might be worth a professional consult too
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:31 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

We won't really know until the election is finalised. I doubt though that many hairdressers will be granted further entry. Consult an agent and see Australia house for sure so that if you have to change you can come in on your teaching profession ASAP.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all the replies. yes going to contact dept as need confirmation. By CO do you mean someone that deals with our visa direct, as we have never been allocated anyone. really not happy....I even had a job offer as part of the application, but because its taken so long thats now probably gone. what exactly did we pay £1000 for? They haven't done much over the last 17mths!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March 2009 Applicants

Threads merged
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

zishan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by -Marie-
21/08/2009 application being processed further
28/09/2009 medicals and police checks all finalised

november 2009 - bricklaying disappears off CSL so we receive a letter stating it may take til 2012 to process

july 2010 bricklaying reappears on CSL equivalent but its now august and had no update..................................

anyone else in similar situation?

marie xx
Better to launch a PLE
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

some good news finally - email below received from agent today____

The frustration is still ongoing I'm sorry to say. The situation is further
complicated by the prime mister stepping down and the deputy pm calling
an election this month so some delay in decisions around immigration.

On a very positive note your occupation is on the federal list and the fact
you have state sponsorship should put your application in the 2nd priority
list. The first prioity list is for employer sponsored applications that
in most cases are corporate employers.

The states were to publish their new occupation lists in August but this
has been put back to Septemeber after the elections. We don't anticipate this
will affect you.

With regard to timescales I have to say neither I or my colleagues in the
industry have had any clear indication on processing times. Ocassionally
DIAC will provide guideline times but best is when we see applications being
processed and we work out timescales from that. At he moment it seems no
processing is taking place until the new government is in power
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Gowin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MARCH 2009 APPLICANT ! AM I ALONE ?

Hi All,
i am new to this forum and applied Online GSM 175 on 18 march 2009 then converted 176 by Queensland SS. CO allocated on may 2009 and done MED & PCC . i am group 3 and my SS IS NOT VAILD. after many preoritites changes , i did not get any message from my CO even sent emails and PLE , now i am really worried and dont know what to do. please help me.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

After 2 and a half years, we have been allocated a case officer!!!

Received email today requesting police checks and medicals. Really shocked but at least things are moving!

What happens after checks are submitted, is this almost the end before decision?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

sep55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sharma jee r u the same one i know

Sharma jee please share ur story am imran from uk