Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Link to immi site that states Colour scans are ok

Link to immi site that states Colour scans are ok

Old May 11th 2008, 9:06 am
and Anna : )

james2300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Link to immi site that states Colour scans are ok

Hi,
I've done many searches and am aware that colour scans are accepted for documents such as passports and birth certs in an online visa application (such as a 175 or 176).

But can anyone actually supply the link to the immi site where it actually states this. My sis who is sponsoring me is nervous that this isn't the case, she's currently scanning all her docs for me.

Many thanks
Old May 11th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

mickbro will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Link to immi site that states Colour scans are ok

Hi James,
i completed my forms this week & before completing forms it does state colour copies are ok, i attached all mine as colour copies anyway
just read notes before starting application
hope this helps
mick
Old May 11th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Originally Posted by james2300
Hi,
I've done many searches and am aware that colour scans are accepted for documents such as passports and birth certs in an online visa application (such as a 175 or 176).

But can anyone actually supply the link to the immi site where it actually states this. My sis who is sponsoring me is nervous that this isn't the case, she's currently scanning all her docs for me.

Many thanks
It states that non-certified colour scans are acceptable here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

I knew I'd read it somewhere, but it just took me about 10 minutes to find - it's not in an obvious place!
Old May 11th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, I'm not really convinced it's worth scanning everything in for an online application as it actually makes more work for the case officer the other end. They would I think prefer to get a nice clear TOC and sheaf of paperclipped sections, everything in order.

I used the online application by printing it out after completing it, then attaching all the supporting documents. I think it looked neater than a hand-completed set of forms (epecially with my terrible writing!). I also noticed that the questions were subtly different from the paper forms.

It's just not worth trying to cut corners with something as important as this. We lodged the application in person and the first thing the case officer did was to scan through the table of contents to check it was all there.

It doesn't have to cost you to get thing certified - try the police station or registry office. (but remember Aus stat dec forms have a strict list who can witness. It's not just a JP)

Just an opinion..
Old May 11th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

mickbro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by heg3
You know, I'm not really convinced it's worth scanning everything in for an online application as it actually makes more work for the case officer the other end. They would I think prefer to get a nice clear TOC and sheaf of paperclipped sections, everything in order.

I used the online application by printing it out after completing it, then attaching all the supporting documents. I think it looked neater than a hand-completed set of forms (epecially with my terrible writing!). I also noticed that the questions were subtly different from the paper forms.

It's just not worth trying to cut corners with something as important as this. We lodged the application in person and the first thing the case officer did was to scan through the table of contents to check it was all there.

It doesn't have to cost you to get thing certified - try the police station or registry office. (but remember Aus stat dec forms have a strict list who can witness. It's not just a JP)

Just an opinion..
Good point but it does state online apps are processed quicker
Old May 11th 2008, 12:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Based on informationgiven to me by my own case officer, they have to scan all the paperwork anyway. Thats why you see requests for "No staples" etc. EVerything is scanned and kept on disc, so if it is already an electronic file, that can only make things easier for them.
Old May 11th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mickbro
Good point but it does state online apps are processed quicker
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Based on informationgiven to me by my own case officer, they have to scan all the paperwork anyway. Thats why you see requests for "No staples" etc. EVerything is scanned and kept on disc, so if it is already an electronic file, that can only make things easier for them.
That's interesting.. they're moving towards eliminating all the wads of paper. I didn't seem to think scanning everything was an option when I applied (17 months ago).
Old May 11th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

Ive not come across anyone who certifies documents fro free???
Old May 11th 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laguna33p
Ive not come across anyone who certifies documents fro free???
It doesn't always have to be a solicitor. If it's just a case of certifying that it's a copy of the original any Justice of the Peace can do it. Try going down to your local shops or post office or estate agent or somewhere and ask if they know of any JPs in the area.
Old May 11th 2008, 2:50 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

My bank manager certified all 60+ pages for our visa application for free!!!!
Had no problems off my case officer either.

Any coloured original document can be scanned in without being certified..........but you have to get all black and white original documents photocopied and certified to attach online.
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:49 pm
and Anna : )

james2300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the information