DIAC checklist

Old May 12th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all
Default DIAC checklist

I have just checked the status of our application on the DIAC website,

Had the shock of my life it says they are waiting fro just about every piece of documentaion you can imagine!

The agent should have sent this, but we are now on our fifth account manager at the agency and they are checking today, but he says that the DIAC always says this on new applications until you are assigned a CO who will update.

Are there any other applicants waiting for a CO whose application query says the same thing

please help we are having a panic that the agent has done noting sonce 11th Feb
Old May 12th 2008, 1:00 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default Re: DIAC checklist

Originally Posted by eve209
I have just checked the status of our application on the DIAC website,

Had the shock of my life it says they are waiting fro just about every piece of documentaion you can imagine!

The agent should have sent this, but we are now on our fifth account manager at the agency and they are checking today, but he says that the DIAC always says this on new applications until you are assigned a CO who will update.

Are there any other applicants waiting for a CO whose application query says the same thing

please help we are having a panic that the agent has done noting sonce 11th Feb
Hi

DON'T PANIC Everyone's online application says the same. Your agent is right, when you get a CO they will start changing to met. The only thing which does change before a CO is the medicals on the first page. They show as 'received' and then 'finalised' when processed.
Sit back and chill
Old May 12th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

Thanks for your speeeeedy reply,

Unfortunately after so many account managers with the agent we have lost a little faith and of course never having done this before we are just a little anxious

The agent has however just telephoned and said that the docs were uploaded 11th Feb and he will check the file to make sure all that can be done has been done.

Then comes the wait for a CO, the agent says to wait until they request meds and police checks but we have noticed that some people go ahead a few monthsinto their application to minimilise the waiting time, I wonder if there is a mileage in this or should we just sit back and chill as you say,

This sunshine here just makes me want to get there even quicker at least we will have abetter chance of it lasting

thanks again
eve
Old May 12th 2008, 2:04 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by eve209
Thanks for your speeeeedy reply,

Unfortunately after so many account managers with the agent we have lost a little faith and of course never having done this before we are just a little anxious

The agent has however just telephoned and said that the docs were uploaded 11th Feb and he will check the file to make sure all that can be done has been done.

Then comes the wait for a CO, the agent says to wait until they request meds and police checks but we have noticed that some people go ahead a few monthsinto their application to minimilise the waiting time, I wonder if there is a mileage in this or should we just sit back and chill as you say,

This sunshine here just makes me want to get there even quicker at least we will have abetter chance of it lasting

thanks again
eve
Hi Eve

It's a personal choice on whether to front load your medicals and police checks. Basically, your visa will need to be validated (enter Oz) a year from the date of your medical or police checks - whichever is the earliest. We applied in December 07 and had our medicals in Jan 08. Our police checks are dated December 07 (they took 39 days to come back) and therefore, we would need to enter Oz before December 08. Does that make sense?

At the moment, as I am sure you are aware, they are processing online applicants from November so they are taking aprox 6 months to issue. I guess it all depends on how soon you wish to enter Oz once you have your visa. Hope I haven't confused you more

Where are you heading? I think that we have just about settled on Melbourne.

Linda