January Applicants

Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

flickander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: January Applicants

Hi all

Sorry but been offline for a while as sold our house and have moved into rented accommodation in preparation for our visa. We are in the UK living in Crawley near Gatwick Airport. Am getting really frustrated and not sure why our visa is taking so long. Going green with envy watching everyone else get their visa. We have been offered employment in perth and the company is going to sponsor us for a sponsor visa which will get us into Aus fairly quickly. Then all we have to do is travel to Singapore when our perm visa gets issued and collect it.
Well done to everyone who already got their visa. Fingers crossed ours won't be too much longer.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:14 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quickie for applicants from the UK who may like to know how the process works when your already on the other side with a temporary visa [457] and applying for a Permanent Visa[136].

We arrived in Brisbane September 06 and applied with you guys in January 07. For whatever reason, we eventually had a CO allocated in May 07 [thanks to a Federal MP support]. As applicants during those months getting their CO & PR we were just happy to be told we can go ahead with medicals and PCC's. Thanks to the Guys who did the word document, as it helped us to get a CO

We uploaded the scanned PCC's earlier this week and today the Inbox revealed the Pre Grant Letter

So its now off to the travel agent tomorrow to book flights for NZ [we just inform the CO of our itinerary and once in Auckland pop into the Australian office to evidence our passports]. You have to be offshore for the Visa to be granted.

What a kerfuffle, but hey, its worth it, isn't it

Good Luck to you all
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Hey guys,

Colour us GREEN!

we got the pre grant letter this morning, off to the pub for celebrations this afternoon

good luck to those still waiting.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:37 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Nice one Cardos, congratulations.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: January Applicants

Originally Posted by Cardos
Hey guys,

Colour us GREEN!

we got the pre grant letter this morning, off to the pub for celebrations this afternoon

Fantastic news Cardos. I've coloured you green!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
JANUARY VISA APPLICATIONS.doc (156.0 KB, 139 views)
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:01 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Got our PR on the 14th July
no more OZlimbo 457's temporary residents.

Please colour us

GREEN

Good Luck to those on their way over here and those few still waiting.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The OH

Please colour us

GREEN

GRATZ
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:29 am
Just Joined

jenandjames is on a distinguished road

We received our PR on 5th July, hurray. Just waiting to sell our house, not having much luck, 4 viewings in 12 weeks. We are going to change the estate agent this week. Just can't wait to get there.

We are GREEN
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:37 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The OH

Please colour us

GREEN

Originally Posted by Cardos
Hey guys,

Colour us GREEN!

Congratulations!!!! to you both!!

Adele
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:11 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jenandjames
We received our PR on 5th July, hurray. Just waiting to sell our house, not having much luck, 4 viewings in 12 weeks. We are going to change the estate agent this week. Just can't wait to get there.

We are GREEN
Congrats, good luck with the new estate agents.

Our house went on the market this week, first viewing booked for Saturday.

We have several quotes for the 2 dogs, which vary masively, but some seem to include import paper work and others say we need to arrange this our selves. so its looking like somewhere between £3k and £4k for those pair, I could drop them at the pound and fly 1st class me self dont tell Kerry I said that.....
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:25 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
, I could drop them at the pound and fly 1st class me self dont tell Kerry I said that.....
this is what Graz said too

i said if the dog doesnt go then i dont go ........ it remains to be seen if he actually books me on the flight

Adele
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: January Applicants

Hi January 07 Applicants,

Just thought it would be nice to see what everyones up to now - just over a year after submitting our applications. Post and let us know where you are, if you like it etc.

We arrived on the Gold Coast on 23rd September 07. We've settled in Pacific Pines for now and are loving it. Our boys have settled really well at Park Lake school. I'm at college and my hubby is working as a carpet fitter. So on the whole lifes going great!

anyone else?

Tasha x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

renting in templestowe in Melbourne, working for a bank, bought a block and building a house in a new town in the western burbs, kids thriving on the fresh air!!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

joncoll90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there everyone - good to hear from you all.

I arrived in Sydney on the 5th December and haven't looked back since. Life is everything I expected, and then some! I'm renting in a shared unit in Neutral Bay with great views of the city skyline. I've just started working for the ABC which is proving to be a dream job.

Only thing I can find to complain about is the weather (well I am English), it seems I might have brought the bad weather with me.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is getting on....
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

Hi
We arrived in Perth on 31st October and have settled in Currambine north of Perth, so far so good, the kids are loving it and have made some friends, they have settled well in to school life, hubbie likes his job and is on more money, i not working yet but starting to look for something to fit round the kids.
we are renting at the mo but will buy within the next 12 months, our first visitors arrive in April my mum and dad and we cant wait to see them and show them round.

The only thing is we wish we had done it years ago

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.