IELTS TESTS

Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:11 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS TESTS

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle
yes I am, but thats kinda odd its one my least favorite cities in the world.

But yes of course its a huge advantage, and at the same time it would be more reasonable to consider not being an English a disadvantage if I had the same level for the other modules but I am only stuck on the writing test, and every time I had to wait two extra weeks to get my score rechecked because I always get around 6 or 6.5 in the writing and 8.5 in speaking which is a huge difference.
You are so close in the writing component - with more practice and classes it is likely you will get there in the end. Inshallah!!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:10 am
Just Joined

RAFEng is an unknown quantity at this point

Due to my age it looks like i 2 need the max points , best i get down the book shops and start practicing my English .....
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dobbsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Practice practice and practice......!!!!! I'm a Teacher... and found it tough going...... 3 hours of sit down silent exam conditions... then called back in the afternoon for the speaking interview... don't take it for granted! Buy the book... about £10... worth it as not only did I pass.... I'm days away from getting my visa!!!!!... Took the IELTS in Feb..... Medicals June..... visa any day now!!!!!

Last edited by Dobbsy; Jul 20th 2011 at 4:56 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Congratulations

Thank you for advice Dobbsy, Did you get the 20 points after all your hard work ?

RAFEng
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my results online today and below are my scores:

L 8.5, R 7.5, S 8.0, W 8.0

Extremely pleased with the scores. English is not my first language but I have been living in the US for 9 years now. I was really nervous but got the scores I required. I needed 7 in each band. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting for the results.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

giri

did that give you 10 or 20 points ??

congratulations by the way
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

That got me 10 points. Could have got 20 but missed it by .5 in reading.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

bucket is an unknown quantity at this point

Giri,

I appeared for the July 9th exam in USA and when I checked in online "results.ielts.org" it still shows results not available. Which link you are checking in to view the results.

Thanks.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

https://results.ielts.org/, thats the link I checked. I wrote the exam on the same date in USA. I saw the result last night at 1:00 AM itself.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thats the exact link I used too. I wrote the exam in the US on 9th July. The result was available since last night. I checked the score around 1 AM and it was already there.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Dobbsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RAFEng
Congratulations

Thank you for advice Dobbsy, Did you get the 20 points after all your hard work ?

RAFEng
I needed an extra 5 points... which the IELTS gave me...... We have been trying for a visa fo 2 years.... the goal posts change all the time, so don't delay with anything.... my occupation was taken off the list for 10 months... which put us on hold big time... then as I had turned 40, I lost 5 points... hence the IELTS... anyway.... sold the house today.... its all falling in to place !!!!!... just waiting to hear from immigration to see if we get the visa?? where are you heading?