IELTS 'overall band score' clarification.

Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:56 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS 'overall band score' clarification.

Originally Posted by mnicona
Jest, ribbing....funny how you try to add humour to it now. Sorry love, but if someone spoke to you with that sort of tone in real life I'm sure you'd throw the little hiissifits you're doing now. Give it a rest and go find a another thread to troll on.
It's not a case of adding it now. It was there in the post that you were whinging about. There you go again, attempting to get people to stop posting. It doesn't work with me I'm afraid.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:58 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how my comments are seen as tantrum and you're the one calling me a 5 year old.

Again, thanks for all your very helpful support. I hope other threads will benefit from your delightful and intelligent insight.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Yes, I would say your response to the post in question (and subsequent responses) have been rather similar to a tantrum.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:58 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

i feel like we're moving around in circles

i think there's a difference between the words "each" and "overall".

simple as.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commonwealth

http://www.brainboggling.com/wp-cont...ng-circles.gif

simple as.
You were supposed to stay in the BarBie?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by oliman
You were supposed to stay in the BarBie?
They can post where they like.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

mnicona will become famous soon enoughmnicona will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
It's not a case of adding it now. It was there in the post that you were whinging about. There you go again, attempting to get people to stop posting. It doesn't work with me I'm afraid.
Ha....at what pont am I asking for you to 'stop' posting. I just recommended you find another post to troll on....this is a public forum isn't it, I can request that can't I? Especially if you're adding no value here. The fact that you state "it doesn't work with me I'm afraid" reinforces that you enjoy trolling I guess.

That's fine though, whatever makes you feel a little more justified...hopefully others who are seeking insight still find value in this post.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Wow....you serious!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Correction --> "They can spit rubbish where they like"
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commonwealth

http://www.brainboggling.com/wp-cont...ng-circles.gif

simple as.
Still a little hard for you to grasp isn't it....never mind. You didn't quite manage to get the point of the question again did you...oh well never mind.

Whether it's said in a purely dumb sarcastic way or not...if you actually bothered to take the time to read and digest my post, rather than respond to make yourself feel important...then, and only then would you see that I already alluded to the fact that it's probably 'x' score in each of the components etc....but was just attempting to 'confirm' based on that fact that the IELTS result document shows an 'overall' score. It's not particularly obvious that the 'overall' score is NOT used to reach the IELTS level 8 as stated as the requirement.

I really try to steer away from this site these days unless I absolutely need to. I had a genuine question which is the entire reason this website exists....and yet again a resonse from a so called 'experienced' member shows how ignorant many long time/high post rate members have become.

I see this time and time again with premium members, and I can't help but feel that if you're so irked about the 'same-same' type questions and lack patience...then maybe move on to something else! Leave the site to those who are genuine and want to help in a friendly and considerate manner. This isn't a forum for computer nerds discussing the next A+++ game...it's a site where people come for a little support and helpful guidance in regards to one of the biggest decsisions they'll probably make.

So if you have nothing to add, then why stalk these boards?
Ha....at what pont am I asking for you to 'stop' posting. I just recommended you find another post to troll on....this is a public forum isn't it, I can request that can't I? Especially if you're adding no value here. The fact that you state "it doesn't work with me I'm afraid" reinforces that you enjoy trolling I guess.

That's fine though, whatever makes you feel a little more justified...hopefully others who are seeking insight still find value in this post.
Actually, you made the comment to Commonwealth.
Forum Regular

sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oliman
mnicona,

Just be calm and ignore the so called 'SENIOR' members of this forum who are always sarcastic and rude!

I was used to be on this forum on a regular basis but when the so called HELPING SENIOR MEMBERS started sticking their nose too much in the discussion in a harsh/rude/sarcastic manner, I simply moved myself to another forum where people were much friendly and co-operative!

Sorry but I just spoke my mind!
I second you , there was no need to pull my leg within the posted link, i was just asking a valid question but dont know why so arrogancy is prevailing here , some people always hijack threads of this forum here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=752882&page=2
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:05 pm

Still a little hard for you to grasp isn't it....never mind. You didn't quite manage to get the point of the question again did you...oh well never mind.
Are you a little embarrassed about the fact that you somehow misunderstood two very basic English words? I assume that is why you are attempting to claim there was some other point to the question. The point was you asked whether was overall, when you had already acknowledged that it was each.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Actually, you made the comment to Commonwealth.
Your point is?

My point is that I never asked you to stop posting....I simply recommended you to troll somewhere else. Clear enough for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.