Wikiposts

IELTS 'overall band score' clarification.

Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS 'overall band score' clarification.

OK, point made
Maybe we could get back to some positive help for the OP now

Thanks
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
OK, point made
Maybe we could get back to some positive help for the OP now

Thanks
Good thing at least some senior member realised my thoughts. This is the first time that something such happened on BE!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Shahanita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I just need clarification for IELTS band Score... we have applied for Immigration and first stage is completed...over all assesment results are 8 and half yrs exp...according to ACS... and now in second stage for ielts score my husband has achieved...overall 7.. is it fine coz agency is saying to appear again for ielts exam....
his scores are
L 7.5,R 6.5,W 7 ,S7.5

is anyone can help me...as we are running out of time...is similar situation happens to anyone???
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

mnicona will become famous soon enoughmnicona will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oliman
Good thing at least some senior member realised my thoughts. This is the first time that something such happened on BE!
I think Mitz is the only one sensible enough to be able to read between the lines and realise where the 'real' problem is....or simply be the only one 'man' enough to accept when non'seniors' are correct and others came to the table with attitude and rudeness.

Like Mitz said, we'll leave it here and get on with more positive and constructive help. Something I hope I'm still doing when I have a few thousand posts....Mitz, please deactivate my account if I become jaded towards genuine members requesting help once I reach over 1,000 posts

G'dnight all!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shahanita
Hi,

I just need clarification for IELTS band Score... we have applied for Immigration and first stage is completed...over all assesment results are 8 and half yrs exp...according to ACS... and now in second stage for ielts score my husband has achieved...overall 7.. is it fine coz agency is saying to appear again for ielts exam....
his scores are
L 7.5,R 6.5,W 7 ,S7.5

is anyone can help me...as we are running out of time...is similar situation happens to anyone???
Your husband need to obtain 7 in each of the four modules in order to score 10 points. Right now with the current score, he is fulfilling the IELTS requirement but with 0 points ( 6 in each module = 0 points).

I hope this helps!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:32 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd rather stay in The Barbie.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I think I'd rather stay in The Barbie.
Please do.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mnicona
Please do.
+1
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:34 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Please do.
or not!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oliman
Your husband need to obtain 7 in each of the four modules in order to score 10 points. Right now with the current score, he is fulfilling the IELTS requirement but with 0 points ( 6 in each module = 0 points).

I hope this helps!
Thanks Oliman...and just to clarify so there's no confusion (and incase certain members decide to rejoin to pipe up)....

The overall band score is irrelevant and does not represent the score needed.

It sounds like you require 7 in each of the four components...and going by your post your husband has 6.5 in one of the components.

I've also learned that you're unable to retake an individual component, so the entire test will need to be retaken again.

You're also not able to combine two test results.

There is a posibility that you may get lower in some of the test components than previously (and as above, you're unable to combine to show the highest from both tests).

It's understood (but not guranteed) that some of the test components can be reviewd and remarked (speaking and writting I believe). The reading and listening are computer marked as it's either right or wrong.

The fact that your husband got 6.5 in reading means that it's highly unlikely that it could be reassessed for a higher mark.

I hope this heelps, but I'm certainly no 'expert'...this is based on my own experience, discussions with IELTS and the help of some amzingly patient members on this forum.

Maybe if you require more indepth advice you can contact some of the forums 'senior & expert' memebrs such as:

Bermudashorts & Mrsgreenstar76. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you were you're going wrong.

Good luck!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:39 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Oliman...and just to clarify so there's no confusion (and incase certain members decide to rejoin to pipe up)....

It sounds like you require 7 in each of the four components...and going by your post your husband has 6.5 in one of the components.

I've also learned that you're unable to retake an individual component, so the entire test will need to be retaken again.

There is a posibility that you may get lowevr in some of the test compoinents than previously (and as above, you're unable to combine to show the highest from both tests).

It's understood (but not guranteed) that some of the test components can be reviewd and remarked (speaking and writting I believe). The reading and listening are computer marked as it's either right or wrong.

The fact that your husband got 6.5 in reading means that it's highly unlikely that it could be reassessed for a higher mark.

I hope this heelps, but I'm certainly no 'expert'...this is based on my own experience, discussions with IELTS and the help of some amzingly patient members on this forum.

Maybe if you require more indepth advice you can contact some of the forums 'senior & expert' memebrs such as:

Bermudashorts & Mrsgreenstar76. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you were you're going wrong.

Good luck!
Only when the poster is so oblivious that they are unable to understand that they'd answered their own question.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Only when the poster is so oblivious that they are unable to understand that they'd answered their own question.
We certainly appreciate your ongoing and intelligent support Mrsgreenstar76....you're without doubt a saviour to this forum.

Thank you.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

There is a posibility that you may get lower in some of the test components than previously (and as above, you're unable to combine to show the highest from both tests).

Good luck!
mnicona's advice is 100% correct.

I had the bad luck to appear 6 times in IELTS to get 7 in each module . So I second to what mnicona explained in the post above.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Shahanita is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much oliman and mnicona.. surely ill get in touch with them...
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:42 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

We certainly appreciate your ongoing and intelligent support Mrsgreenstar76....you're without doubt a saviour to this forum.

Thank you.
Well, your sarcasm is at least a little better than your reading. Keep practising & you might understand clear DIAC instructions...one day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.